• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EBC pads - which ones?

Guy

Just need some advise on brakes, have just done a track day with standard OEM brand new disks and brembo std pads, on excessive heat I was getting the brake pedal pulsating, once cooled down they were fine again. I dont think the dics are the issue so have drawn it down to the pads not able to cope with the heat build up. I want to try EBC but would green or yellow pads be best, the car is normally only used for track days.

Any help/advise would be magic, cheers

Guy, have you thought about some Ferodo DS2500 pads? they are very good and I would rate them better than EBC pads.

Have you got braided lines and uprated fluid? that also helps massively.

If the car is only normally used for track days I'd be looking at DS3000s and depending on how seriously you are doing it, some two piece discs. DS3000s will outperform DS2500s when warm, but need to be warm to work properly and that's why people tend to use DS2500s for road use as they still have a decent bite when cold meaning you don't roll out into the first junction on your way to work in a morning. Two piece discs cope better with the heat, stopping heat from getting into your wheel as much which in turn helps the brakes cool quicker and helps with tyre pressures. Don't get me wrong, your rims will still get hot, but in general they are better. That being said I still managed to get my Stoptechs smoking at Spa.

As Dotty has said, some better spec fluid like RBF600 will cope much much better with the heat as it has a higher boiling temp than OEM stuff.

Also as per Dotty, braided lines complement the setup, giving you confidence in the brake pedal where OEM lines start to allow some flex when warm which ruins the pedal feel.

I removed ebc pads from my dc2 the previous owner had fitted, they came out IN PIECES! The composite had came off the metal backing plate, and also had split in half, so each pad was now in 3 pieces!

DS2500 will do ya

Thanks for all the advice I never considered ferodos so will look into this, I want to stick to the std disk as only just bought them so will try new ferodos pads or maybe yellow ebc. I don't want to change brake lines really, am running dot 4 fluid do I need to upgrade this on std set up with upgraded pads?

With the symptons I had with braking would everyone agree its pad related?

I could change the lines it's just budget really Dotty, had a look and think I will go with ferodo 2500 which are more than i really wanted to spend but will go with the views on here, they must be a vast improvement over std brembo pads.
Any advice on brake fluid?

You could also look at Cosworth TrackMaster pads

I've got Streetmasters on the back and I initially thought they were good, low dust compared to the Ferodos but they are by far and away the noisiest pads I've ever owned. :eek:

DS2500, Braided hoses and uprated fluid is the minimum you want to be using on track.

Cosworth pads are ****. I use EBC blues on my Brembo and they are fantastic take serious abuse and zero noise. Dust isnt too bad at all

I've still got street masters on the rear and they seem fine.

I will have a different set up on the fronts soon though :)

Goodridge braided lines and Millers racing brake fluid. If you only do track days I'd go with either Ferodo 3000, Endless or Carbon Lorraines.

Back