• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by haGGard

1. haGGard

Cat converter shield

Think most people will say just rip it off. I did on mine. Problem solved.
  2. haGGard

How accurate is your speedo?

Thats pretty normal tbh. I've never found a speedo to under read, they always say im going faster than i actually am. I usually go by the 10% rule In my current Astra i do an indicated 60mph during the 50mph average speed check commute.
  3. haGGard

Do rear tyres need to be same as front?

I dont think i've ever owned a car that hasn't got the same tyres on the front as the back! Would never have Different tyres on the same axle though
  4. haGGard

EP3 slow gear changes / notchy gearbox shifter

No advice from me, just commenting on the sound of your Vtec. God i miss the Vtec!
  5. haGGard

Heat Shield Question, Cant Find answer anywhere else....

When mine started ratlling around the cat, i just ripped it off. Didn't notice any difference apart from the annoying rattle was gone.
  6. haGGard

EP3 FACELIFT DRIVERS WINDOW DOESN'T GO ALL THE WAY UP

I had a similar problem on my old MG ZS. Could also try and put some silicone lubricant on the side 'rails' or channels or whatever they're called to help with smooth operation.
  7. haGGard

Engine management light (EP3 CTR)

Dont be paying £50 at a garage just for them to plug it in! Get yourself a bluetooth OBD2 reader or any OBD2 dongle off ebay first. Under a tenner and depending what the code is could save you a few quid
  8. haGGard

'06 Cosmic Prem K100 EP3 - Written off

Just read this thread from start to finish and i have to say i love your Ep3. It said in the first post though that the timing chain had already been done when you bought it? I agree with the HID's too, first thing i did on mine was rip them out and fit some nighbreakers!
  9. haGGard

Increased fuel consumption compared to earlier EP3

Beat me to it. 280 is all i would get also.
  10. haGGard

cleaned car and painted brake calipers

I would hope the wheel is off the car completely while painting! Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  11. haGGard

cleaned car and painted brake calipers

Most people tend to go for Hammerite i think. Spray would work as long as you mask off the areas etc and make sure you do a few coats on each caliper. I've only ever done my calipers red once and i used paint brush. Make sure you spend ages prepping though, getting rid of all the dirt and crud...
  12. haGGard

HELP! Dead battery...Immobilizer not working?

Im probably wrong, but now the battery is charged, try unlocking he car with the fob, then locking it again, and then unlocking it again. Then try and start it. This was the immobiliser procedure i used to do
  13. haGGard

my civic ep3 a totally different paintwork more photos added

I was up bexleyheath Saturday night,I saw this car go past me i stopped to watch it do a U-turn on that 'roundabout' outside the Bowling then back up towards Asda again. Looked and sounded great! :smt003
  14. haGGard

creaking/squeaking steering wheel noise

I used the 'white lithium grease' method. Its a bit of a bodge but six months down the line and its still not squeaked since. 1) Buy white lithium grease (comes in a spray bottle with a straw like WD40 does) 2) Using a pin or stanley knife, punch a hole in 2 or 3 places along the steering rack...
  15. haGGard

my civic ep3 a totally different paintwork more photos added

I'm dartford. I'll have to keep an eye out for it! Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Back