• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Hondaphile

1. Hondaphile

CTR Facelift owners.. What headlight bulbs do you use?

I use Osram Nightbreaker Plus H1 bulbs too, only because I could get hold of some sooner than a set of OEM. Well priced for a good quality bulb and throw decent light. As for fitting (FL model), slightly tricky and will possibly involve a few swear words. The passenger side is easier due to...
  2. Hondaphile

'Weathered' headlights

I'd imagine some of you may have seen or even have headlights that have become 'weathered.' The only way I can describe this is that the outer part of the front light clusters look dull/grey/faded and even feel sort of rough when feeling the affected part (by affected part I mean on mine it...
  3. Hondaphile

Valuation input please....

Oh, and would be sold with JDM mats!
  4. Hondaphile

Valuation input please....

I'm thinking of selling on the EP3, however reluctant however I need to save some moolah etc etc, but not quite sure how much she's worth and need your help......It's a NHB 05 model, just over 40k on the clock, full history (most recent done at 40k), had a new dealer fitted mid-pipe fitted in...
  5. Hondaphile

Renewal stitch up!

^Those guys^ Sky. At first they could'nt insure me because I wasn't 25, but went out their way to look into it then could cover me, cheapest for me so far!
  6. Hondaphile

Sorted!! Thanks to Sky

After grumbling about my current insurers (them with the nodding dog) having my pants down with my renewal, Sky Insurance hava done some digging and managed to get me a policy that not only beats theirs, it wees all over it at nearly £500 less! At fist they said they could'nt give me a policy as...
  7. Hondaphile

Insurers having my pants down!

Sky won't insure me because 1. I'm 24 not 25 and 2. because of the type of car it is!! Smells like bulls**t to me! Now, if I had 3 Ferraris and just added the 4th to the policy, I had 9 points on my license and had ran over an killed 7 people then fair do's, but I havn't!
  8. Hondaphile

Ive checked admiral and they're pretty much the same as churchill are, sky will be calling me tomorrow with their quote. I payed £1017 last year, and now they want like £1500 this year, still with a clean licence, 6 NCB and no mods? I think they need to stop buying their calculators from ebay!
  9. Hondaphile

I have always been with Adrian Flux, they are the bomb and they even insured me on my ol skyline when I was 21 but had to leave them when Churchill would cover me on my EP3 the cheapest, naturally. I'll try the ones you guys suggested. Thanks for your input
  10. Hondaphile

Just got the Renewal through today. Now, still with a clean licence and 6 years NCB, they have somehow increased the premium by £500! So, this begs the question guys "Which brokers are worth getting a quote from!" I don't know the rules on mentioning company names so without taking the risk, I'm...
  11. Hondaphile

Another Blower Question

Resistor!
  12. Hondaphile

Unusual Noise when Clutch out.

Mine does it also, 38k miles and suspected the clutch release bearing. It gets louder as I free-wheel in 3rd and 4th mainly. I think I'll wait till service at 40k to get it sorted.
  13. Hondaphile

DC5 Door Sensors playing up

The door sensors earth via the screw that holds them in place, so if theres a build up of scale on the threads etc it may not be earthing. So my advice would be to unscrew them in and out a few times to bare the metal contact surface, and/or take them out and clean with WD-40 or similar and try...
  14. Hondaphile

confused about oil level?

Whilst on the subject of oil, whats the best oil for the k20? I don't track my car and rarely hammer it.....
  15. Hondaphile

Fuel pump wire

Either way, to get to relays or fusebox, it has to get from the pump to them in a loom somewhere down middle of car.
Back