• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

confused about oil level?

Typeritr- the oil is as you say a clear colour and not black, I have done about 450 miles since buying and only used the vtec about 5 times.
I can get 5 litres of castrol magnetic 5w/30 for £26.00 so if a change is necessary is this ok to use?

A stupid question:!
Did they placed the correct oil that you use on your car? Some oils are more likely to consumed than others...

Andr345 that top line does not make any sense at all.....
I know different oils work differently and I will do a change if it seems to be burning a lot. as I said only had the car a few weeks so time will tell.

Just get the oil changed to be on the safe side, something like Motul 300V 5W40 or Titan Race Pro S will do nicely. Set up an account with Opie Oils and you get forum discount.

Andr345 that top line does not make any sense at all.....
I know different oils work differently and I will do a change if it seems to be burning a lot. as I said only had the car a few weeks so time will tell.

Oh am sorry. i meant that the question following is stupid:p
The oils that MilanoChris mentions are from the best to use for K20

I recently bought an ep3 too, serviced before buying it etc.

Took it for a LOT of driving the first month, (obviously was in VTEC most of the time)

and then i checked the oil level last week to find it was quite low.

I also put around half a litre of fully syntethic in too find it barely moved. In the end i used an entire 2 litres to get it where it needed to be.

Obvously now im driving normal using it for work from day to day and i know my oil will last alot longer!

Ok, thanks to everyone for the help.
I have just been and bought another litre of oil and it's just under max now so I,ll see how it goes, defo gona do some digging to see if it's been serviced though.....
If not! God help him....!

I don't know about the others - but a top-up seems to change the cars performance. I imagine it might be placebo, but it would not suprise me if it weren't TBH, such is the dependancy on oil for the K20; like any engine TBH - but more so in a revvy unit like ours.

Back