• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Jo5h

1. Jo5h

Mugen spoiler EP3 with brake light?

The lesser Civic models had a smaller spoiler and the brake light fitted behind the window. Should be straight forward just to get one of those.
  2. Jo5h

my type r premier edition

Looks incredibly similar to mine! I want the same exhaust, is it an M2?
  3. Jo5h

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

Cleaned and polished mine as it behaved on track earlier this week! :D
  4. Jo5h

EP3 rust?

Think it is the brace/bar thing that goes from one side to the other. Think it is removable, sure I've seen bolts on either end. How easy though is another matter.
  5. Jo5h

FN2 Strange noise like stones rubbing together

Doesn't the FN2 have an issue with the front subframe and dirt in somewhere it shouldn't? Mentioned in the list of issues here: https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?84577-Buying-guide-check-list-for-the-FN2-Civic-Type-R
  6. Jo5h

EP3 6k to spend

They do look better but I find my standard seats more comfortable; IMO of course!
  7. Jo5h

Best ep3 window wind deflectors?

Another for Climair. No clips or tape, but they stay firm. Can get light and dark tint
  8. Jo5h

Bulbs keep blowing - EP3

Is there a knack to doing the clips on the back? Always struggle getting them back on and I am never quite sure they are seated right.
  9. Jo5h

Fitting a 2.5" B-pipe

http://www.m2motorsport.co.uk/acatalog/M2-FRING-57---EP3-FIRE-RING-57MM-576.html#SID=10 May be available elsewhere cheaper, but that is what you want. Not sure if you need anything at the cat end.
  10. Jo5h

Hondata Airbox Mod

I was a bit disappointed when I opened mine to do the mod and install a K&N filter, to find the mod had already been done! Haven't really noticed a noise increase with the filter, but it does make a nice subtle noise when hitting VTEC but no massive "kick". Can't compare to a standard box though...
  11. Jo5h

Ep2 Sport

Definitely belt, it is recommended to change the water pump at the same time. Oddly the engine is the complete reverse of the EP3, everything is on the opposite side. Watch for gearbox noises, input shaft and or release bearing likes to fail and cause whining noises.
  12. Jo5h

Interior trim colour

£44 from Tegiwa, or £26 each from Lings, may be cheaper somewhere else? :shock:
  13. Jo5h

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

Get the Tegiwa for some noise, then have a think about the longer plan and what you want from the car to save doing similar things twice (In my opinion, of course). :)
  14. Jo5h

What exhaust to pick M2 or SRS ??

Have you seen any of these, Jimbo? Wondering if they will be any louder than OEM
  15. Jo5h

What exhaust to pick M2 or SRS ??

The M2 backbox isn't what I would call quiet either, mind none are really apart from the more expensive JDM systems (Mugen, Fujitsubo, Toda, etc). Depends what you cam tollerate.
Back