• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by lewisy

1. lewisy

Alpine Heat Unit Installation - where does the aerial cable plug go ??

Ignore this post, i found the answer. Please remove. Thanks
  2. lewisy

How to read the dip stick ?

i'll give that a try... oil is the one thing i don't want to be guessing on! never had problems before reading oil, don't know why this oil is so feint. out of interest, does it make a difference say if you topped up 0w 30 with 0w 40 for example, or 0w 30 with 5w 30 ? i wish there...
  3. lewisy

It's done about 1200+ miles now, and i read in the manual what you quoted above. I drove down to halfords, let the engine rest for 3 mins, then checked the oil again, this time it seemed like it was barely covering the first hole! so the engine could of burned up to 2 litres by the...
  4. lewisy

OK I know that sounds obvious, but I've owned the FN2 now for 6 weeks, checked the oil a few times just to see what consumption is like. Now when I check, the first hole is covered, but the oil is so light i can't tell how far up it's going, it's certainly not covering the second hole, and i...
  5. lewisy

FN2 New mods FN2

If you got a problem, you know who to call...!!... old link autoupdated Sorry just had to do it! :lol:
  6. lewisy

FN2 New mods FN2

Nice wheels, can't wait to see some photos when they're on the car. I can imagine them on a NHB ep3 premier with tinted windows, it'll probably make it look a little like the A-team van or something. I wonder how they'll look on a CW though. My white alloys are clean all of 1 day!
  7. lewisy

FN2 (Pics Included) - Type-r Now in Championship White!

i expect the CW should hold it's value slightly better, certainly if the uptake isn't huge given the 20k price tag. although i have to say i got mine for £18,633... which i thought weren't too bad? with some matts ;) gotta get the matts or it ain't a 'real' type r.
  8. lewisy

I'm surprised, i thought it was standard on GT-spec. You know what you have to do, upgrade your car :)
  9. lewisy

cheers. it is such a different car to the ep3, very positive in corners with the LSD,lovely burbling exhaust sound makes it feel like the car has more grunt than it's predecessor, the gearbox feels great, just notch into gear, push-button start, folding mirrors, auto-lights and wipers, usb...
  10. lewisy

it's within the armrest, at the back of the inside, there are 3 connectors, USB, Aux, and something else I can't remember. The USB connector needs a little dongle, so it doesn't present the port as USB, but the connector cable converts it to USB. hope that helps.
  11. lewisy

black privacy would finish it off nicely, but given they're quite small i'm forgiving of that, and plus i got the little nipper in the back, so nice for him to see in the full glorious techni-color! ... tinted back window would be better, you can't see much because of the spoiler which i think...
  12. lewisy

memory key is convenient for me, whack it on the keyring, and don't have to worry about being protective.. and cheap to replace. By the way, here is a quick pic I took: 1.5 days old
  13. lewisy

oh well on the mirrors.. can't have everything. like the fact i can plug a usb memory key in with mp3s on and it recognises it and plays them. better than plugging in an ipod!
  14. lewisy

will do, shame i didn't do any yesterday when it was immaculate clean. I'll see if i can grab some today.
Back