• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by MadMark

1. MadMark

What's it worth? 2005 JDM Type R - 35,000 miles

Very useful info - thanks!
  2. MadMark

What's it worth? 2005 JDM Type R - 35,000 miles

I'm thinking of selling my car as I just don't get to use it. It's been in heated, dry storage for nearly 5 years and I've only managed 500 miles in it. Zero rust, excellent condition. It's wheels have been refurbished, it's got new tyres, brake discs and pads all round. A new battery and...
  3. MadMark

Remapping JDM EP3 down South?

Thanks Flashy. I'll need to do some research to find out the differences between the PRC that I believe I have on my car and the RBC / RRC inlets .... :confused: And no - I don't want to decat - although if there was a decent sports cat out there, then I'd consider swapping. So far I think I've...
  4. MadMark

Remapping JDM EP3 down South?

I've got a 2005 JDM EP3 that I've been gradually turning into a track day tool .... albeit over a long period of time! The focus has very much been on suspension, bushes, brakes, engine mounts, wheels and tyres. Now sorted, I want a bit more power, smoothness and usability. Having read reams...
  5. MadMark

Innovative Engine Mounts - 75A Track Spec - Problem?

The only thing that tempers them seems to be heat. They're a little (the emphasis on little), when the engine is properly hot ...... so bloody stiff! :(
  6. MadMark

Best ep3 brake set up for a good price but using standard calipers

I'm running RPB discs on the rear with DS2500 and Goodrich hoses. Fronts are irrelevant for this conversation but are Yellowspeed Racing BBK. The RPB are beautifully made discs and so far the braking system has provided huge extra stopping power on the road and zero fade after 10 one hundred to...
  7. MadMark

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

Agreed - can I recommend either some Nankang NS2R's or Toyo R888R's - dependent on budget!
  8. MadMark

Back in a Honda, EP3 Civic Type R

Nice car! I'm sure I've seen it somewhere before though .... :confused:
  9. MadMark

EP3 Positive Battery Terminal Cover

Really struggling to find that red cover in order to replace mine that fell to bits when I changed the battery. Anyone know where I can buy one from? :confused:
  10. MadMark

Bedding in brakes. Steady or Heavy?

For what it's worth, I always take it pretty easy on new brakes for the 1st 50 miles, using them progressively harder until the 100 mile point - where I start to give them some abuse to "heat cycle" the pads to get them biting hard and evenly. However I always give them plenty of time to cool...
  11. MadMark

Mods before remap ep3

Fair comment. Of course I hope the brakes aren't duds. Certainly the discs and bells look and feel really solid / well engineered. So the only question mark can hang over the ally callipers. As they're going on track later this month, I'll do some before and after photos, plus write something.
  12. MadMark

Mods before remap ep3

Dooksy - I'm not an engineer - so I wouldn't do that as I wouldn't know what I was doing. However, I can do the subjective feel and visual analysis just fine. Mine were so cheap - if they don't perform - I'll complain like hell and throw any required legal weight straight at the problems under...
  13. MadMark

Mods before remap ep3

On the Yellowspeed BBK - I've just had mine fitted and I have to say that they were very cheap for what comes in the boxes! (I also got a very good discount from Tegiwa). The discs and bells are seriously high quality items and the six piston alloy callipers seem very well made even if they...
  14. MadMark

Honda Civic EP3 Air Intake

The AEM V2 makes lots of noise, the ITG Maxogen is quieter and pretty effiicent - the Mugen version is a crazy £800 ....... but plenty in between!
  15. MadMark

Engine mounts

If you go for replacement / aftermarket mounts - go for the "road" versions - the softest you can get. The harder / "upgraded" ones are simply way too stiff for road use - particularly the Innovative range.
Back