• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine mounts

Right guys after fitting the super pro castor bushes as well as roll adjusters, hard race drop links and super pro arb bushes, I was looking at whats next.
I have looked at engine mount inserts but after reading about the vibrations they cause and considering that I only go on track 3 to 4 times a year and its a daily driver for my wife should I just refresh with OEM ones?. Or should I forget about them and just upgrade some more suspension bushes. The car has only done 61000 and is a 2005.

Thanks
Simon

I have r3placed the oil filled drivers side mount with a vibratechnics and that is great. I also have the energy insert and you do get quite a lot of vibration on idle but once you are moving you don't notice. If you are sitting for a while it does feel like your eyes are going to fall out your face though haha

I didn't find the energy ones too bad on my car, I've got innovative ones for the race car apparently they are a bit much for a road car though

If you go for replacement / aftermarket mounts - go for the "road" versions - the softest you can get. The harder / "upgraded" ones are simply way too stiff for road use - particularly the Innovative range.

Back