• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by SmokeyGoose

1. S

FL5 New Civic Type R

Talking of retirement beckoning, my wife made me go to Ikea which is about 2 hours away and I took the fk2. After the shopping we walked past a van near to us got back to the car and as we opened it up the 40's couple in the van hopped out and he said "We had been wondering who would own this...
  2. S

Tracking

I took the ep3 on track last year. It is a vanilla unmodded car and I do not do anything particular before going on track, just check the tyres. Who else takes their car on track?
  3. S

FL5 New Civic Type R

I see, thanks, yes it does look good, a worthwhile change. I was briefly on f**ook the other day and saw a weird fk2/8 thread about covering up the red stripe on the front spoiler and one person said will black tape look chavvy.
  4. S

FL5 New Civic Type R

It is on arse, I agree with that, I had difficult selling my Elise and when whinging to someone about it heard of a porsche selling for 10k's less than expected. I don't think it's just for the moment either, I think it will just get worse, particularly in the classic car sector.
  5. S

FK2 Fk2 Workshop Manual

Similar situation here, I am not going to do too much on the car but I like to do the odd simple fix / component swap. Thanks very much for the mention of the Haynes auto fix, I always used to buy haynes books.
  6. S

FK2 low key fob battery warning

Has anyone tried kir2032 rechargeables in the fob ?
  7. S

FK2 Fk2 Workshop Manual

Did you ever find one?
  8. S

FK2 Fk2 &Fk8 Ron Value

I know this is am old thread but I thought I'd read somewhere that we cannot use e10 in an fk2?
  9. S

FK2 Rear door fault

The rubber on my door handle is in the wrong position is this a known fault and how do I fix it?
  10. S

FL5 New Civic Type R

I don't know the marque well enough, what is the mod?
  11. S

FL5 New Civic Type R

Are you keeping your lovely purple M3?
  12. S

Socks and t shirts

I still want clothes. I sold my elise recently and all I have left is the clothes, a keyring and a mug. I need Type R stuff, what do you all have?
  13. S

Phil’s ep3 resto

I like the car port also btw!
  14. S

Phil’s ep3 resto

This is a great thread Phil, thanks for putting it up, I have a 2003 car and 2 months ago I took it for about its 3rd mot and service in my ownership and I asked the garage for an opinion on the underside and rust. They said nothing unsafe or needed doing but that it has lots of surface rust...
  15. S

use ctek 3600 on a stop-start battery?

I charged the EFB type stop start battery on the fk2 for about 6 hours, the battery was low at 12v to start. I didn't measure it at end but I'm guessing it probably ended up around 12.5. I'll try charging it to full next time. Just out of interest what type of stop start batteries are in the...
Back