• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FL5 New Civic Type R

Honda UK have a few cars available for dealerships to order with pretty quick delivery from what I've been told, if you want one then ring around as they might be the final allocation to the UK.

I think if you want one then definitely push a few dealers as they have offered me cars as low as £48 k so far !

They are not selling die to lack of demand and high interest rates on finance and the crazy price !

Some Honda dealerships have new cars available Inna few weeks for £50k and 8.9 % apr

Still a very expensive car approx £10k and £550/600 a month !!

There are other examples also and I fear the cars will drop a bit more also . We are in for a correction and there are not enough buyers for the car at £50k

It will settle around mid £40 ‘s imo

You’re right. I predicted they will be a 45k or even less used car by Xmas.

Honda played a blinder on their initial release but the market has definitely slowed on them , I would struggle to lay out 50g on a Type R in all honesty and I’ve had them all. £40-45k seems a more reasonable price.

Last edited:
You’re right. I predicted they will be a 45k or even less used car by Xmas.

Honda played a blinder on their initial release but the market has definitely slowed on them , I would struggle to lay out 50g on a Type R in all honesty and I’ve had them all. £40-45k seems a more reasonable price.
Yes I will be in at low 40’s

There is a blue one on Auto Trader for £52,995 with 25 miles on the odometer and it's two owners. How on earth has it racked up two owners in 25 miles?!

I've still got an email from the Honda dealer I bought my FK8 from when they were trying to get me to put a deposit on the new one saying they expect the FL5 to be around £38k!

There is a blue one on Auto Trader for £52,995 with 25 miles on the odometer and it's two owners. How on earth has it racked up two owners in 25 miles?!

I've still got an email from the Honda dealer I bought my FK8 from when they were trying to get me to put a deposit on the new one saying they expect the FL5 to be around £38k!
So the first owner takes delivery and sells back to dealer for a profit who then struggles to sell it and ends up passing it over to another trader who has a go at selling it over list . That is my guess .

I was looking at a white car at a garage who had bought the car in from first owner . I did not like the price at £49k and he said he was moving it along to another trader probably to get out without losing money . This is madness as there are very few cars that can command over list porsche GT cars aside Civic type r amd M cars etc are just dreaming

The FL5 gets universal praise but little on here, this being the only thread I can find, is that because of price or some other reason?

We've had five faultless and fun years from our FK8 - a record for us. As retirement beckons my thoughts have turned to what car do I want in the future and the FL5 is at the top of the list. Are there many owners on here - do you like it, love it and how would you rate it against the FK8?

I love the look of this which I spotted on PH yesterday. A tasteful mod and a nod to the past.

FL5 by Simon Gee, on Flickr

Are you keeping your lovely purple M3?
Given the entire car market appears to be on its arse at the moment, I'm forced to unless I want to take a huge depreciation hit. With that said, with the recent GTS gearbox flash, and Continental SportContact 7 tyres, it's dramatically changed the car and also made it usable in the harsher months so I'm enjoying it a lot more now.

Happy to share my experiences, overall brilliant car.

Managed 6k miles, took it around Europe, Nurburgring, trackday, b roads you name it in the short period I owned it. I’ll write up my thoughts when I get a spare 30 minutes, but in summary best Honda car I have owned and arguably best Honda car I’ve driven. However there are some issues including a 4k insurance claim with zero bodywork damage, all will be revealed

I look forward to your write up, Matt. 4k for an insurance claim with no body issues, I am thinking safety system or underbody electronics perhaps? It amazes me that you are the only owner to post your opinion on the car which is probably the best Type R made, on a forum dedicated to exactly that.

Given the entire car market appears to be on its arse at the moment, I'm forced to unless I want to take a huge depreciation hit. With that said, with the recent GTS gearbox flash, and Continental SportContact 7 tyres, it's dramatically changed the car and also made it usable in the harsher months so I'm enjoying it a lot more now.
It is on arse, I agree with that, I had difficult selling my Elise and when whinging to someone about it heard of a porsche selling for 10k's less than expected. I don't think it's just for the moment either, I think it will just get worse, particularly in the classic car sector.

Just cosmetic, white wheels and the spoiler blade which is normally black is now body colour too.
I see, thanks, yes it does look good, a worthwhile change.
I was briefly on f**ook the other day and saw a weird fk2/8 thread about covering up the red stripe on the front spoiler and one person said will black tape look chavvy.

Back