• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FL5 New Civic Type R

But I though Honda said they were making sure the allocations were going to people who were Type R fans and all that stuff, not just 'random car dealer x who rocks up with the cash?' Unless they just simply lied. Also won't it then have an owner on the logbook? If they lied to Honda posing as a private buyer, it will have to be signed over to them and not to trade right?

They are trying to screen for owners who won't just flip them. My two previous type Rs and service record apparently got me an allocation. Maybe an individual who works at that dealership bagged one somehow.

First FL5 popped up in NZ (Honda RRP in NZD$75k (GBP39k))
Can't recall the numbers coming here but somewhere I recall 150x for 2023 ??

Sadly I am currently selling my FK2 (GBP23k) as has become surplus - can't keep 3x cars, utility (now my daily)/.....
Hopefully someone here in NZ will recognise what it is and appreciate its rarity

They are trying to screen for owners who won't just flip them. My two previous type Rs and service record apparently got me an allocation. Maybe an individual who works at that dealership bagged one somehow.
My dealer has took their first allocated car for themselves. Registering it to one of the directors. I have to wait till April/May, possibly later, for mine!

Had a change of heart and the numbers weren't as bad as I thought. Turns out mine was on the boat when I cancelled my order so it turned up at the dealer by surprise. It was either sell it to me or send it Honda logistics to get reassigned. Picked it up last Saturday. Haven't driven it much yet, very nice though. Interior is a step up.

Those of you with FL5 could I please ask for some comments around the ux of the screen.
I don't use it much because I'm normally on Android Auto, but it's bigger and you can have Spotify and maps windows open at the same time.

Overall though it's better than the last one by some margin. Feels more responsive and apparently has a finish that stops greasy fingerprints. I think I preferred the positioning of the screen on the last one though.

Having said all that, I've only ever experienced a Fiesta ST, an FK8 and FL5 screens.

No real complaints anyway.

So far I've seen a grand total of 1 FL5 (Red) actually out on the road !

Where are they all ?
Most of them seem to be at dealerships on Autotrader. Considering they were all taken on waiting lists and only several hundred were coming over to the UK, a lot of people must have changed their mind. I know I did. I was number 20 on the waiting list I was on.

There are only going to be 150 imported this year, possibly ever. My dealer said there might be another 150 but they've been delayed. Amazed you've seen even one!

Many thanks for the info guys :)

The one I saw was sold from my local dealership (Listers Honda Stratford Upon Avon) ;)

They had it up for sale initially for around 56k & it was gradually reduced to around 52k !

The dealership is only 5 mins from me so I drove past that particular FL5 (while it was for sale) on numerous occasions...keeping tabs :p

I saw a Blue one around 2 months ago and my friend has bought a CW one, but I haven't met up with him since he's had it yet. Other that that, I mean I barely see any FK8's around let alone FL5's.

Back