• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Ninja9

1. N

EP3 Stuck Rear Caliper, what to do?

I changed one of my rears back in the summer, the handbrake mechanism within the caliper had failed and seized on. This may be your problem and you can test for it by manually moving the handbrake arm on the caliper and see how well it moves. I also got a refurbed genuine nissin pair from ebay...
  2. N

EP3 Do i need to change the timing chain ?

Mine is on 102k and hadn't even considered changing it. I reckon a little stretch is normal and it happens early in the chain's life rather than at a certain high milage.
  3. N

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

I sat on the motorway for an entire tankful @60mph and got 38mpg but have never seen above that. Are you by any chance using super unleaded? perhaps that gives the 10% extra efficiency but even so!
  4. N

EP3 EP3 idling low on start up

A cold engine requires more fuel in order to hold an idle and not stall so your not getting enough fuel (or too much air). Possibly ECU related or injector issue hopefully someone else can offer more!
  5. N

EP3 Windscreen Replacement Cost??

Definately go through your insurance. I had a new one fitted 3 years ago, IIRC it ranged from £400 to £650 to sort myself depending where you source it from. I did some false quotes online at the time with 1x windscreen claim and there was no difference in premium. If you do claim over the...
  6. N

EP3 10w60 oil used for over 10k km - no issues but I have questions

Cant comment on 10W60 experience, but I think its a good idea to go a touch thicker on a car with higher milages as the engine has more wear - looser tolerances so the thicker oil will address this somewhat. Mine does seem to burn a bit less now i've moved from 5W30 to 5W40 but don't think i'd...
  7. N

EP3 Misfire when wet - Help needed please.

I have never seen a faulty coil pack on any of my vehicles, friends or family's. The chances of having 4 bad coil packs at once?! I'd be inclined to just buy one or two and experiment - they are easy enough to swap out
  8. N

EP3 Does my clutch need changing?

When i changed my clutch there was a little bit of meat left on the friction plates but the pressure plate was causing pedal stiffness like you experience. You will find vtec gearchanges start to get difficult if you go beyond this phase. Regards slipping i just think on these cars the...
  9. N

EP3 New to the Forum / Hopefully Purchasing my first Ep3

Just the usuals that are often overlooked in the excitement of buying - how much tread is on the tyres and how much meat is left on the brake pads. Are the discs deeply grooved or rusted - If you are paying good money then you dont want to find it needs £400 of consumables straight after...
  10. N

EP3 Coolant change tips

I did this today on my EP3 and thought ill post some tips. 1. There is a cut out section in the splash guard just to the right of the centre of the car. It is large enough for your hand to reach through where you will feel the radiator drain tap. The fluid drains from a hole within this...
  11. N

EP3 squeaking noise from the front

Possibly the brake pad wear limit indicator? It sounds embarressing when driving forwards at low speed and hideous when reversing, but does its job to draw your attention to the worn pads!
  12. N

EP3 daily living with an ep3

Agreed i've always thought they could have made 6th a bit taller for the motorway. There is enough torque to pull it. And to be honest who does top gear roll ons in an Ep3 when you can just drop down 2 gears instead.
  13. N

EP3 Ep3 caliper colour

My cosmic has red calipers and i quite like the look, but i bought the car like that. I assumed it was the stock colour for cosmic but sounds like maybe not!
  14. N

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

^^This. And modding an NA for power is not worth the money to me. I've often thought Honda could of easily made the civic 240hp using the S2000 engine but chose not to, they had their reasons. You learn to carry more corner speed which is where most of the fun is. Just wait a few years then go...
  15. N

Yeah get used to using the dipstick regular to check oil levels. The oil light is absolute emergency - if ever you see it then switch off the engine and stick her in neutral RAPID. Just roll till you find a safe place to stop and investigate. Regards tyres ive enjoyed falkens, Avon ZZ3 and more...
Back