• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by pow216

1. P

Front End Clunking

Genuine Honda drop links fitted to both sides at the front this weekend. Car is driving perfect now :) Hoping for a refund on the ebay ones.
  2. P

Front End Clunking

Well I had to service the car this weekend so while I was doing that I decided to have a look into the clunking problem too. Inspected all bushes - all looked very good. With both front wheels jacked off the ground got the wife to steer from lock to lock - no clunking, no movement from top...
  3. P

Front End Clunking

Fitted the ebay o/s drop link today. Old one was fine movement wise but having 4 of the 8 plastic pins snapped it was on it's way out. Anyway thoroughly moved the new ebay jobbie before fitting it, sure it was stiffer than the old Honda one but I can't imagaine that it is causing such a clunk...
  4. P

Front End Clunking

Just been to the dealer and the finger was first pointed at the "non genuine" front n/s drop link and if it isn't that then they said it will be the steering rack! I was quoted £1600 for that! It's a 2005 54 plate facelift, I thought the racks were good on those? I'd much prefer it to be an...
  5. P

Common Civic Faults

Should a problem with 2nd gear be on this list? Making changing from 1st to 2nd quite hard. I had my 5-6 synchro replaced (£££) when the DC5 LSD was dropped in. Really wish I had the 1-2 synchro changed as well. Also drop links seem to fail on every car, front and rear.
  6. P

Front End Clunking

Thanks for the replies guys. It seems to have gotten a bit worse I'm sure I can feel the click go through the whole car now. I could do top mounts myself but not sure about engine mounts. Since I have no idea what it actually is I've booked in at the dealer tomorrow. On the phone they said...
  7. P

Front End Clunking

I've got what sounds like a nasty clunking coming from the front end N/S or centre. At first I thought it sounded like some sort of very bad transmission slap / backlash but I've heard it when coasting with the clutch dipped . . . The sound appears when going over bumps at low speed /...
  8. P

Who can fit an LSD - Stoke or Nearby area?

Who can fit an LSD - Stoke or Nearby? Any suggestions please people?
  9. P

Retro fit Parking Reverse Sensors

Thanks for the links, they are great. £374 for the OEM parts sounds steep though, when aftermarket is a lot less.
  10. P

£200 doesn't sound too bad. For an EP3 is it possible to buy the bits from Honda and DIY?
  11. P

Hi Guys, What are the options for retro fitting reversing parking sensors to a civic EP3? OEM or aftermarket? I could measure up a civic bumper that had them from the factory to get the right look, but are the OEM parts available from Honda? Thanks
Back