• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Sacred

1. S

EP3 Clutch Query

Noobie question.. If a new clutch has been fitted to an EP3, is it visible to see in the engine bay and will is there a significant difference to feel? Possibly buying one next week and the owner says the clutch has been done and has receipts. cheers
  2. S

EP3 Hmm Has a release Bearing Problem

Thanks for the advice guys. Ive just come across another one on gumtree. Its almost within my price range but only 80k on it and its had a lot of good work done on it. Looks like its been owned by an enthusiast and i wouldn't be surprised if he's signed up here but it has an MOT Sat and i'll...
  3. S

This is become a habit now haha. But this one has been discounted. It was up for £400 more just yesterday. Only thing im confused about is that it's an 05 plate but its a premier edition? How is that possible? And dont worry, i know the reg is blocked out but i messagedthe guy and he sent me...
  4. S

Yeah i guess you're right. It's rare to see an EP3 put up for sale on here though, like you said it may be a wait. Not to mention in my price range. Also to add, it's going to be hard to find one thats not been modified on this forum haha.
  5. S

EP3 6k to spend

You have far more to spend than i do but i personally wouldnt want to spend that much on an EP3 that hasnt had the clutch done yet. I've seen ones going for £4,500/£5,000 in good shape with low mileage and the Clutch done along with other bits.
  6. S

Sorry in advance for asking for so many opinions guys. But what about this one...
  7. S

haha alright. Noted. Do not buy it :lol:
  8. S

I'm slightly confused at your response but thank you for your input
  9. S

After no luck trying to find an EP3, this one popped up. It's in my price range roughly.. But theres two main things wrong with it. This is what the Ad says "since the clutch change the clutch release bearing makes a whirring noise when hot and in neutral". I don't know how easy that would be to...
  10. S

EP3 Spring popping noise when turning wheel

Im by no means an expert but that might be the common issue with ep3's steering rack? It only occurs sometimes whilst turning the wheel at low speeds. Don't quote me on it mate but it sounds like that.
  11. S

FN2 Haynes manual

I'm not sure how accurate it would be. Never actually used a haynes manual. They're a good £20 though. Youtube seems to be one of the best sources of information (and its free!).
  12. S

EP3 Newbie looking to buy ep3

Unfortunately that combination of expectations, as many have said here, is unrealistic mate. You'll be lucky to get one with similar stats that isnt a premier edition but its rare. Good luck though.
  13. S

EP3, whining noise on start up

Sure the whining noise isnt the other half in the passenger seat?
  14. S

Rear brake light not working (EP3)

Sometimes the connector you screw the bulb into can be corroded or grubby. Get a flat head screwdriver and scrape it off until you see bare metal. Bit of contact cleaner too. Otherwise it's probably an electrical fault. Did you say you tested the original bulb and it was working?
  15. S

EP3 Is this EP3 Worth it?

Thanks for the input guys. I'll call the bloke tomorrow. Didnt want to spend more than 3k but if all the things that will eventually need doing to it are already done then its a no brainer really, isnt it? Shame the insurance is a kick in the teeth with these little beauties haha.
Back