• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by SJam

1. S

Brake Dust

Took both front wheels off and spent a good few hours gnus afternoon tackling the dust. If I knew how to post pics in here then I would put the before and after on, they almost look factory fresh. Will have another go over Easter and put another layer of wheel armour on.
  2. S

EP3 Bushes - Poly or OEM?

I bought it last April with 82K on the clock, she will turn 102K over Easter. Not bad for an old girl! I have a track day booked in May and would like to do another couple this year. I think I will order a set of polybushes this week. Do you know why Energy Suspension bushes are so much cheaper...
  3. S

Brake Dust

I will try one of the above and apply a little elbow grease.
  4. S

Towing Eye

Thanks Both
  5. S

Towing Eye

Does anybody know where is the Towing Eye located on an EP3?
  6. S

Brake Dust

What do people use to shift really stubborn brake dust? I am using Project Mu pads and I think the dust has baked itself onto my Enkei RPF1's. A bit annoying because they were not cheap and I put a layer of gtechnic C5 wheel armour on before I fitted them
  7. S

EP3 Bushes - Poly or OEM?

Since taking my EP3 around Oulton Park last month I have noticed a squeak from the front N/S wheel when I go over speed bumps. I have taken the wheel off and tried to identify the problem and I think it is coming from the Control Arm Bushes (or the driveshaft). Probably worth changing them...
  8. S

Corbeau Sportline RS1

The guy on the trade stand gave the impression that I wouldn't need a rail. Literally 4 bolts to take out the old seat and a simple swap over to the new seat. Apparently car manufacturers all comply to one of 2 universal fitments and the Corbeau seat is made to accommodate both. A quick...
  9. S

Corbeau Sportline RS1

I went to the Autosport show at the NEC today and made a snap decision to buy a Corbeau Sportline RS1 seat (in red obviously). I spent the whole journey home trying to work out whether it is better than the EP3 seat and I still do not know the answer and now have a bit of buyers remorse. I...
  10. S

new tires and camber arms soon....help me choose

I took the Toyo's off that came with the car and put Goodyear Assymetric 2's. Lots of grip, excellent feedback and I hardly ever get understeer and I have been trying! I have done 10,000 miles on them and I am nowhere near half way through the fronts yet. I took mine to ABP in crewe last...
  11. S

et48 offset fitment

Great, I will be getting a set ordered. Thanks for the help
  12. S

et48 offset fitment

Yes they do do them as 17" 7J ET45. Very light too at 6.8kgs. I cant justify getting something like Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2's or or Rota Grids because they are about the same weight as the stock wheels. Will the Enkeis in this size clear my calipers?
  13. S

et48 offset fitment

That's a quality picture. I really like the look of that, I think they are by far my favourite wheel for the EP3. If I went for the same size as stock will these wheels clear the caliper? It looks like the spokes project out quite far from the wheel. Why did you choose the RPF1?
  14. S

et48 offset fitment

Thanks for the reply. For some reason I thought OEM wheels were 7.5J. I will order the 7J wheel with an ET45 then and will be able to use my current tyres. The bore is 73mm which I assume can be accommodated with spigot rings?
  15. S

et48 offset fitment

I haven't posted on this forum before and have been kind of like a secret watcher but I need some advice now. I bought a 2003 EP3 earlier this year and have up until now been working on getting the car up to a good standard. I am now looking at putting a set of wheels on the car because the...
Back