• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by typevtec

1. T

Help needed!!!!!

I can't feel it through the wheel, but I can feel it through the gear knob, especially with the clutch pressed in. In fact you can barely feel/hear it when the clutch is not pressed. ( This only happens in first gear)
  2. T

Help needed!!!!!

It is a constant clunk almost like like a wheel bearing, but they have been changed. It only happens at low speeds. It does not feel like a engine mount. I am starting to think it is the drive shaft.
  3. T

Help needed!!!!!

Hi My ep3 has been making a strange noise recently. Basically when slowing down in first gear there is a knocking noise coming from the front of the car and if I press the clutch in it becomes a lot louder. Any ideas.
  4. T

VTC gear

I know i should have done it altogether but didnt know I had to. So am I right in saying that 200 - 300 would sound right. Also will it cause any damage to the engine if I dont get it sorted immediately?
  5. T

VTC gear

I changed the the timming chain 6 months ago on 89,000. Where did? yours for that price
  6. T

VTC gear

Hi I have a 04 CTR and the VTC gear is on its way out as I have the cold start rattle. I want to know how much it would cost to fix all in and where is the best place to get it done in the north west. Cheers
  7. T

Bad cluch or gearbox?

Thanks. Ill be taking the car back to them tomorrow. Hopefully it will just need re aligning
  8. T

Bad cluch or gearbox?

Thanks for reply. Do you know what they could have messed up, so I have some info when I go back to them
  9. T

civic EP3 Idle Issue

That is normal. The engine revs high when cold, this is to warn the engine up.
  10. T

Rattling noise on cold startup?

I had this same problem. I was also told it was the starter motor. So I got it changed and it made no difference. In the end it turned out to be the timming chain tensioner. Lucky I changed it before it was to late.
  11. T

Bad cluch or gearbox?

Hi all, Im new to this but do need some help. I recently purchased my 04 EP3 CTR and i was loving it, until the clutch started slipping. Anyway I had the clutch changed and when I drove the car away it was difficult to get into 1st gear and it cruched when going into 2nd gear. The clutch was a...
Back