• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Unreal10666

1. Unreal10666

EP3 'Money well spent' mods for the FN2

sumo power panel filter
  2. Unreal10666

All my research and asking people has told me the mid pipe is where the restriction is on the FN2. My mate on his EP3 had a tegiwa intake, full exhaust, new manifold and maybe a throttle body(could of been fitted after mapping). When he went to get it mapped it was making 204bhp before the...
  3. Unreal10666

I've got a sumo power filter and an smoothed out airbox. It gives better acceleration at about 4000rpm and into VTEC at about 5500rpm. So it has improved the mid range. The standard airbox is heavy plastic so smoothed out it is just as good as a branded one you just have a smug look on your face...
  4. Unreal10666

FN2 Removing the rear seats.

I'm removing the rear folding seats to lose some weight for drag racing. I've taken the small passenger side seat out without much trouble but the bigger drivers side there is one bloody bolt which will not budge. It is the Middle one almost under the folding bit. All the other bolts came undone...
  5. Unreal10666

1/4 Mile Times

I went to Shakespeare raceway yesterday and was more impressed with my time. This time out I hit 15.6s consistently @ 92MPH. I put that down to me improving but I still need to work on my starts. Lining up then getting the revs right before launch. The only mods are Eibach coilovers properly set...
  6. Unreal10666

FN2 Prospective Type R owner

I've actually found the faster you go the more efficient it is. I did a 4 hour drive up to York almost non stop in 6th gear a lot of it at 90mph and I got 45mpg at my next fill! Most of the time I get a pitiful 22mpg, but if anyone asks and tells me how poor mpg it is I just tell them it's...
  7. Unreal10666

Unleaded vs super

I think it's been shown that everyday run of the mill cars don't have anything to gain by using super unleaded, but performance engines do gain more bhp from using a higher octane fuel. I think it can also have a placebo effect, because you know you have put in a fuel that you have been told...
  8. Unreal10666

FN2 The best exhaust combo for FN2?

Thanks for the info I will update once I get the funds together. Also Loxy thanks for posting up the info for smoothing out the airbox. I didn't feel spending the money on a carbon box was worth it if it's pretty much the same design just smooth inside. I combined it with a doLuck filter, no...
  9. Unreal10666

FN2 Prospective Type R owner

I haven't driven a polo but I think the civic type R is the better car. The looks have grown on me an I think it looks really good, although in my opinion not in red. The car is really practical, there is loads of leg room in the back for adults to sit comfortably. The seats fold flat so it will...
  10. Unreal10666

FN2 Just got me a FN2 Championship white edition!

The front of the car looks excellent
  11. Unreal10666

Are you saying Just get a manifold and remap? If I was looking at staying on top of a budget. I had a look at the Tegiwa manifold but it states as you have said it does away with the Cat. On a serious note what do you actually do when it comes to MOT time? I have Dom from Endless Horizon as a...
  12. Unreal10666

FN2 New to forum, Looking for an FN2

I've had an FN2 for over a year and I really like it. I think its a great car, The steering is nicely weighted but because it isn't hydraulic means you don't the same feedback, but you still know where the wheels are in a corner so that doesn't really bother me. That engine is just great it...
  13. Unreal10666

I'm looking for some good performance gains by fitting a new exhaust to an FN2. A friend thinks the best combo for his EP3 (with relative cost) is to go for a new mid-pipe and cat-back system. They do share the same engine but has anyone else tried this on their FN2? The next thing after that...
  14. Unreal10666

Fn2 airbox help

Added a do luck Panel filter as well. I did it today smoothed the airbox of baffles, It wasn't the neatest job because I started off using a poor sanding bit. The base of the box looks better. It felt more satisfying to do this than spend £300 for a similar internal effect. I spent just over...
  15. Unreal10666

Fn2 airbox help

I really like the idea behind this mod. I have bought a dremel and have just bought a do luck panel filter they will have cost me about £40 which is pretty damn good compared to an identical Tegewa or mugen airbox based on the standard design just made out of carbon fibre. Carbon one costs £300...
Back