• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by v-tec type r

1. V

engine swap accord type r motor into my ep3 type r

cheers Lottie i will get in touch with them first thing in the morning :)
  2. V

hi and cheers for the advise . you wouldnt happen to have a number for them would you thanks
  3. V

i have tried ebay for a k20 but they cost alot of money so i was going to try a different way around it and plus the accord motor has got abit more bhp .
  4. V

hi has any one done this swap and is it an easy thing to do ? as my crank has gone in my bottom end on my civic ep3 type r and i can not find another one any were . so want to do an engine swap . if not then i am going to have to sell my car with a broken motor :mad: if any one has any advice...
  5. V

how to time up my ep3 any ideas please

thank you very much i should be able to do it off the picture on the thread . some great information cheers again rf55 :-)
  6. V

sorted it buddy .
  7. V

Forget performance... best SOUNDING induction?

i have a K and N typhoon on my ep3 and it sounds amazing . but then again i have not heard any other . so its the typhoon for me !
  8. V

hi think my timing is out on my car because it wont start after rebuilding the bottom end . i think when i turned it over on the crank pully it has knocked the timing out . does any one on here no how to time it back up and what i need to do . is it an engine out job :mad:
  9. V

torque settings

started it up and drove to the end of my street which is about 200 metre's long got to the end and it started knocking so i drove home and turned it off jacked it up and the oil filter had come off and chucked all the oil out . and then when i took the sump off it had done 1 of the big end...
  10. V

torque settings

thank you shuld hope fully have it back out soon then :)
  11. V

torque settings

hi i have just stripped my bottom end on my civic type r ep3 and was just wanting to no if any body know's the torque settings for the con rod bolts . thanks :)
  12. V

Common Civic Faults

hi does any 1 know the course of my problem ? if i drive my 02 ctr steady it drives mint no ploblems but if i drive it really hard it starts to knock on the back end . had it on the ramp and there isnt nothing noticeable . and like i say its only after i have driven it hard . thanks
  13. V

loose oil filter lost all oil now my shells have gone in my ep3 !

well got the sump off and it is the shell but it has not scored the crank so am hoping a set of over sized shells will do the job :) if body no's of a decent place to buy them from can you please let me no thanks .
  14. V

thanks for the offer bud but i love this car . so i am going to repair it sorry just wanted to no if it had happend to any body else . cos i was told that its a common thing for that to happen ??
  15. V

hi just want to no if any body else has had the same problem with there ep3 type r . went out in the car last night to get to the end of my road and hear the car knocking like hell .. so came home on tick over got all the car jacked up got laid underneath to find the oil filter had come loose...
Back