• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Peter_D

No Vtec in 6th gear

Not sure what the problem is with your car, could do with seeing a video of what happens Mine kicks in at exactly 120mph in 6th Dunno if the EP3 is similar but on the DC5 it goes up in increments of 20mph per 1000rpm in 6th gear 60mph is 3k, 80mph is 4k etc etc
  2. Peter_D

xdcx JDM EP3

Yeah i'd probably be up for that would it be on a Saturday/Sunday aye? I'll maybe go to Applecross another time if you're planning the Durness run! Is the FD2 championship white aswell? :twisted:
  3. Peter_D

xdcx JDM EP3

Man we are following eachother around here.. You took pictures at the same place i took pics of my Teg at the other month on the way to Aberdeen, and now you visit Applecross which is where i'm planning going in the next few weeks!Never been before but i get a throbber when looking at pics...
  4. Peter_D

Few questions...

Cheers bud maybe it's the EP3 i was reading about then with the slam panel needing cut a bitWell i might look into the valve springs then, what cams seem to give the best gains on the 5, that are a decent price? Skunk2? BuddyClub?
  5. Peter_D

Few questions...

When fitting an RBC inlet manifold to the DC5, what exactly are the slam panel modifications that need done, that i've read about? Also can you still keep the i-VTEC inlet manifold cover when running an RBC? Planning the RBC with the Tegiwa thermal gasket for the inlet and throttle body sides...
  6. Peter_D

The Official Dyno Chart Thread - NO CHAT

Car: Honda Integra DC5 Year: 2001 Miles: 66000 Wheel BHP: 192.1 @ 8,026 rpm Flywheel BHP: 223.7 @ 8,026 rpm Torque: 148.5 @ 7,721 rpm Modifications: HKS induction kit, Apexi catback exhaust Dyno: Dastek dyno @ Wallace Performance Also on the same graph is after a Dastek Unichip & remap Wheel...
  7. Peter_D

Unichip Re-map

Got my Dastek Unichip fitted and mapped on Friday Made really good gains low down, about 33 lb/ft of torque at 2500rpm, 20 lb/ft at 3000rpm Seems to pull like a train low RPM's now...whereas before taking off from like 1500RPM it was gutless Made gains at every point in the rev range Also...
  8. Peter_D

Integra DC5 - Dyno video page 3

Got the Dastek ECU fitted and mapped yesterday at Wallace Performance in Aberdeen Went quite well, although on the way down the exhaust started blowing big time.. And when i got there they checked it and it had snapped at the flange to the backbox.. Their welder was in hospital so i was up sh*t...
  9. Peter_D

Valve clearance fail?

Griffin you hero, thats a perfect explanation! I think ill get my Dad to have a look at them this weekend and check them the way you mentioned, if they are wrong then the mechanic has done it the wrong way that you mentioned, and ill stick it back to him Cheers bud!
  10. Peter_D

Valve clearance fail?

I think they are, seems the same from what i've read So i've given him the right tolerances..but they are ticking louder than they were before? Would starting the car up affect this at all? He said he wouldn't, but it's the only explanation i can think of? Engine slightly warm, would...
  11. Peter_D

Valve clearance fail?

Hmmm the ones i got were from the Administrator on ITR-DC5, he seems to know his stuff, C&S Evo 7.. Someone else said the same ones too, and they are the same as in the guide?
  12. Peter_D

Valve clearance fail?

Got my valve clearances checked at a garage last week.. Not sure when they were last done if at all I printed out the guide how to do it that is on here, and got the clearance settings from ITR-DC5 forum. I told him to set them to the lower end of the tolerance He did them and told me they...
  13. Peter_D

Got my insurance renewal....

I had to declare my new pair of 'Hike' socks i got Apparantly with them having a thick lining and being so comfy, your feet feel different on the pedals which can affect your driving Insurance went down £40 from when i had Cat socks
  14. Peter_D

Got my insurance renewal....

In hindsight, people like him should actually be putting insurance cost DOWN He pays his insurance, smashes his circa £6000 car, and the insurance company declare his policy void and save themselves £6000 Keep it up
  15. Peter_D

xdcx JDM EP3

Cheers dude i phoned up Eight Speed today and ordered the ESMM's and a pair of PIAA silicone wipers...unfortunately i forgot to say i was a member on here so never got free delivery :(
  16. Peter_D

xdcx JDM EP3

Were did you get your Energy mount inserts from? Wheres the cheapest place for them?
  17. Peter_D

ATE Brake Fluid

After reading the title i was gonna suggest you seek immediate medical attention, but appears i got the wrong end of the stick
  18. Peter_D

70mph RPM?

20mph per 1k you mean
  19. Peter_D

Andr345 EP3

Those roads look amazing! Lovely scenery too! The track video, is such a tight and twisty track, don't think you made it out of 2nd gear did you??
  20. Peter_D

Aj's DC5 -J's Racing 70RR system- Coilovers - Smoothed front End- Rega's PG4

Exhaust sounds insane, i would love one but i'd just get complaints and told to take it off Sounds best in that video when you are driving back towards the camera, sounds mental Whos the guy on the right of the video by the wheelie bins? Just some random? LOL
  21. Peter_D

Sam's (the wife) Focus ST

The Teg is quicker in both a straight line and round the bends i rasced my m8s focis one nite an i waz faster lolololol i winned but it wasent for slips rofllflfl But seriously, i had a play with one and the Teg was pulling well on it.. Plus i've drove one and they don't feel as quick...
  22. Peter_D

xdcx JDM EP3

Probably the best road i've driven on yet, loved it! I'll give you a shout nearer the time!
  23. Peter_D

xdcx JDM EP3

Ahh look at my thread - http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?73876-Integra-DC5/page3 I took pictures in the exact same place when i went down to Aberdeen! I got 31 mile away and they called to say the mapper has phoned in sick, arghh!! So i'm booked in again for Friday the 10th...
  24. Peter_D

Cheers lads i'll get more pics next time i go down that way, hopefully have my wheels satin black by then!
  25. Peter_D

Cheers dudes
  26. Peter_D

Took a few pics yesterday on my way back from Aberdeen, the first 3 are Helmsdale harbour, the rest are on the way back And a short video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzJgau5zZPg
  27. Peter_D

Unichip Re-map

Yeah what i meant was a power run before and after fitting/mapping...so they find out the power it starts as, they fit the Dastek, map the car on the dyno, and then a power run afterwards to find out the gains
  28. Peter_D

xdcx JDM EP3

I'll be down that way on the 2nd of May i'm headin to Wallace Performance in Aberdeen for a Dastek piggyback ECU
  29. Peter_D

xdcx JDM EP3

Dornoch aint far away, you were just a stones throw away from Helmsdale haha.. Gimme a shout if you're up would be cool to get pics with another JDM machine y0
  30. Peter_D

xdcx JDM EP3

This looks stunning! You should of just came up the A9 instead of going over to Lochinver, i'm about 60 mile north of Inverness in Helmsdale, theres some lovely roads round my way!
  31. Peter_D

Unichip Re-map

Mine is booked in for the 2nd of May at Wallace Performance for a Dastek piggyback ECU and remap, with a dyno run before and after fitting. £495 for everything I'll post up the results once it's done
  32. Peter_D

Sam B 1989's CW DC5

Any more pics? Planning getting my wheels done satin black, any pics from the side? So hard to stray away from white as it's so fresh, but black is tempting me so much! Car looks awesome
  33. Peter_D

My ep3

WOW...that is lovely!! More pics needed!!
  34. Peter_D

Gave the car a well overdue clean yesterday, was really manky and the wheels were black with brake dust! My mate came up with his EP3 aswell
  35. Peter_D

Taffy's DC5

Looks immaculate! Very very clean Where abouts you from?
  36. Peter_D

Unichip Re-map

Sounds promising! Can't wait to get mine Had one on my 106 Rallye and it worked well, gained 21bhp with the Dastek, 4 branch manifold, filter, backbox, Kent cam & vernier pulley...which is decent for a 1.6 8v
  37. Peter_D

Yeah mainly due to distance but also price, the Dastek i was quoted only £495 supplied, fitted, mapped and with 2 power runs - one before fitting, and one after Kpro costs alot more, plus mapping ontop of that.. Dastek is very affordable and i had one on my 106 Rallye it did a good job...
  38. Peter_D

Cheers yeah it's pretty far North eh haha Hopefully get some pics tomorrow goin to a memorial cruise thing in Thurso for a boy who was killed in a car accident recently
  39. Peter_D

Cheers dudes yeah i love the plate too was only £399 all inc. Cleaned the car today with one of my mates helping me.. Snow foamed it, cleaned wheels with Bilberry, rinsed, hand washed it, rinsed, clayed it, hand washed it, and then snow foamed again Was too dark to get any good pics but...
  40. Peter_D

Unichip Re-map

I'm planning going down to Aberdeen soon to Wallace Performance for a Dastek piggyback ECU (unichip) and remap Been quoted £500 supplied and fitted and mapped, and that includes 2 power runs, one before and one after Seen a guy on ITR-DC5 who's DC5 was 226bhp with an exhaust and filter...
  41. Peter_D

Some bits of the roads have been hit bad but generally the stretch of A9 up here isn't much different to what it was!
  42. Peter_D

Thought i replied to this already, damn phone!! Yeah helmsdale is only 55 mile south of john o groats, right at the top. Some great roads to get the car chapping along!! Thanks for the comments
  43. Peter_D

Suits' JDM S2000

What filter is on it? I have heard storys of a dirty air filter causing the car to lose that sorta power! Happened to someone on dc5 owners
  44. Peter_D

Detailed: DC5R Interior

That looks spanking, i'm doing mine tomorrow.. Good work!
  45. Peter_D

Cheers dude yeah it's low but not stupidly low, sits nicely
  46. Peter_D

Cheers lads :D Yeah i think the BC's are awesome, i've seen some people who didn't like them on their car, and some who love them too.. I can't fault them anyway it handles great!
  47. Peter_D

Had this about 16 months now.. Only mods so far are BC Racing fully adjustable coilovers, HKS mushroom filter, Apexi exhaust, private plate and a Pioneer double din touchscreen headunit Plans are - Thinking about doing the wheels satin black but not 100% sure yet, they need redone...
  48. Peter_D

Vtec light......hmmmmm!

Pointless but wouldnt complain if i had one fitted, would never bother though Id rather have that thing where your speedo dials illumination changes colour when VTEC kicks in br0
Back