• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. T

My Latest Type R, an alabaster FN2 after three EP3s!

Car looks great mate, starting to enjoy seeing these on the road. If I moved from the EP3 to one of these I think I would take this straight to TDI North for a k100 and a map. Provided these don't already have a better map as standard? How is the interior mate, and do they feel heavy? Also, is...
  2. T

Where can I find 215/40/17 eagle assymetric II's?

I was after the assymetric II ones. Never really heard about the GSD3 apart from a bit squishy? I'll have a look though cheers.
  3. T

I'm quite keen on keeping the same size Chris, not sure I want the go from 40 to 45. I'm quite desperate for tyres and also pushed for time. I was thinking of just buying the tyre and fitment on a package from tesco tyres. They have Bridgestone potenza re050a and s001's for £135 a tyre inc...
  4. T

Current tyres are 215/40/r17 W rated Yokohama parada spec 2's. Read really good things about f1 eagle assymetric II's, but can't find them any where in this size online. Any ideas? I hear they're a great overall tyre. Not particularly stiff side walled apparantly, but I don't think the paradas...
  5. T

Does this side wall business make much difference?

Yeah I know. But I'm tight with money when it comes to mods lol. Maintenance I'll spend as much as required, not mods sadly! Otherwise it would have been mapped 6 months ago. A map+a FRS though i'd imagine the cars pretty fun on a track. Do you track yours?
  6. T

No don't track it. Not yet any way. My current tyres which were put on by previous owner are 215/40/17. I've seen people using 215/45, or 205/40 and various combo's on here though. Definitely getting the good year eagle f1 assymetric 2's I think. Just need to find what size is best?
  7. T

Took a few shots in the cark park

Walking up to the car today I liked the way it looked so took a few shots. Thought i'd drop them here. I do love the way the satin colour looks with tints. Downside to satin is the bumper shades lol. She is going well, replaced the front bumper a bit back. Hit 91,000 miles now. Passed 2 MOT's...
  8. T

EP3 Driveway Motorsport

Same. I've had mine 2 years and have been considering cars to replace for 1 year haha. Went to test drive a 350Z i'd settled on and couldn't fit in the drivers seat. Been considering Scoobs, but don't think they're that nice despite the awesome presence. And other hot hatches seem sideways step...
  9. T

EP3 Driveway Motorsport

Car looks well. I like your plans and desire to fix it up. Really love EP3's they're really under my skin. How is she on mileage?
  10. T

Tango One One

Looks good. Been lowered?
  11. T

Tyre Pressures for 215/45 17s?

It's in the door, speed dependent it says. The pressure really is surely completely independent of tyre size or anything, the only variable will be the amount of air required to achieve said pressure?
  12. T

My front left tyre is dead, as I've not rotated them as I should. Any way, it seems choosing tyres there are lots of opinions etc. Lots of people say the EP3 needs a stiff side walled tyre such as the bridgestones, the stock being the 40 but other people use 50 or 50a? I think. I've read...
  13. T

Ash's Ep3 Cage fitted, cadwell trackday vid

Looks great the car. I've often wondered about this. Whether it's more fun to buy something quicker like an Evo, or to track the Civic and buy it some goodies. Track days probably a lot more fun. There's the element of not wanting to be the shittest driver on the course though. How do you find...
  14. T

my civic

Looks really nice, tasteful and the wheels look good, wouldn't have thought so if someone would have just told me the colour.
  15. T

Do you think my car has been lowered?

I was thinking of the lowering the car to give it a more aggressive stance. I've been asked before though, oh is it lowered it looks lower than my Ep3? The springs are just black don't seem to have writing or anything on. Some pictures: A bit hard to see. But I don't want to waste money.
  16. T

Dazza's NHB Civic Type R 259.5bhp

Oh so the reflash is the same as the K100? I take it then the price of £700 from TDi would have included the k100 and a map. And this from CPL must use a generic map. Thanks for the info bud. And I can imagine after being on a bike the EP3 feels like being on a bus lol.
  17. T

Dazza's NHB Civic Type R 259.5bhp

Hi mate, just curious about that re flash. I too don't want to go down the exhaust route and have just a tegiwa M, but want more drivability. TDI North said it's 700+ for K100 and a map. I'd imagine the reflash is cheaper and provides very similiar gains to a map with just my 1 mod?
  18. T

FINALLY!! My facelift Milano EP3!

This sounds silly but the skunk2 knob, I didn't think would make a difference. When fitted I thought wow. It gave the impression of a a much smoother better gear change, i was changing gear all the time. Sounds daft but it's great. Surprisingly heavy too.
  19. T

VRX's Honda Civic Type R EP3

Thats on of the very few EP3s i've heard that doesn't sound fart canny. Sounds awesome! Pre facelift red looks very mean and somehow strangely modern I think also.
  20. T

Loxy's Plasma Blue WRX STi Saloon

Parkers says they have 295 and 325 bhp versions in the hatch. I'm assuming the saloon is the same. Which is yours? Can't see it in the thread, apologies if I've missed it.
  21. T

My FD2

Must turn some heads this car, especially with it having an exhaust. A loudish big blue low car that looks aggressive that no1 has ever seen before.
  22. T

Best value place to source plugs and gearbox oil? also checking the right ones

Sorry not to be stupid, quick question. Do them spark plugs i've linked contain 4 or is it like £30 each? http://www.tegiwaimports.com/ngk-laser-iridium-spark-plugs-k-series-k20a-k20z-352/ That's going to be 4 right? I think the laser ones are better.
  23. T

Cheers. Just my bloody luck, I go to order them now and the websites down, haha. Iridium plugs are used a lot in these engines then? Anywhere else people order from online this type of thing?
  24. T

New car as the S2000 went for mortgage deposit...Alfa 147 GTA

Awesome. Wouldn't mind seeing this polished engine bay!!
  25. T

Hello, Looking at changing the plugs and gearbox oil on my EP3. Just wondering where people get the best prices. I've seen tegiwa imports prices and there are lots of traders on here can't ask them all lol. I've gathered honda mtf 3 is the stuff...
  26. T

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Are there any videos mixed in within this thread anywhere Loxy?] edit: Just stumbled on to one page 81. Sounded brilliant then.
  27. T

Just got my self a fn2

What do you think of the Civic and the K20 compared to the Megane sport if you don't mind my asking? Car looks great as do your older ones.
  28. T

The Many Faces of my USDM EP3

Great thread interested to see the result of your build!
  29. T

My Cosmic Grey EP3 2005

Good condition tastefully modded EP3's look brilliant.
  30. T

MilanoChris' Evo IX

Pictures?
  31. T

Leaving for a wrx sti ppp

I too would be interested in pictures and comments. Have been considering this also.
  32. T

Service at 89,000miles

Thanks for the reply. And I notice the thread was rightfully moved, can't believe I didn't see this faults section.
  33. T

Service at 89,000miles

Hi there Does anyone have a copy of an EP3 face lift service manual to make this easier? Due to the age, and the fact my old man might want to buy it next anyway, i'm planning on saving labour costs and servicing the car at home, if possible. Does anyone know what would be required at this...
  34. T

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

2004 EP3. 89,000 or so miles. Hardly cost me a penny.
  35. T

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Have to say the FN2's are really growing on me, especially in the silver. Same colour as my EP3. These seem to be looking better each day, as opposed to the EP3 which is appearing older, which it is. The price of the FN2's is also very interesting now, although not for you I suspect!
  36. T

My NHB Integra DC5

"Car is absolutely fúcking awesome. Cant believe I didn't buy a DC5 before. Think I found a bargain too. Cannot fault the car at all." Is it really that much better than an EP3? Same engine and all. Looks the bomb though mate. The JDM Civic looks great too.
  37. T

Joiiboy's NHB CTR 24/10/12 UPDATE

Looks good mate and I like the changes you've made/are making. I've been looking for another car too for a long time but can't seem to bring myself to sell the EP3. Perhaps you will have this same problem. Strongly advise an induction mod of some sort. I took mine off for a while and the car...
  38. T

NYA's ST150 **Stanced, Cleaned & Photoed 14/10/12**

Car looks great. No chance with speed bumps though? Mountune stats for the various packages; is expensive though: MP165: 0-60mph: 7.1secs 0-100mph: 21.0secs MP185: 0-60mph: 7.0secs 0-100mph: 17.2secs MR200: 0-60mph: 6.8secs
  39. T

Bowman's EP3

Just a Tegiwa M and an un silenced B-pipe and you have that power increase? Thats awesome. Thats peak power, so i'd assume there are bigger gains across the range too? Your car is probably not even that loud then?
  40. T

Billys red type r

I agree with a comment above. I too don't want a loud car, so have one of the Tegiwa carbon fibre air intakes. £350, very quiet every day, but very loud in VTEC. A good compromise. Here is a video I just found as an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MkIGbYSHeM
  41. T

Mike DC5- Buddyclub and Volks

That car looks awesome. Pictures too.
  42. T

my first ep3 bought today, cosmic grey facelift

Lovely car and very good work and detail. However, sorry to say, that's the worst gear knob i've ever seen, lol.
  43. T

SS EP3

Still not got around to doing anything else. However, seems around the same area the splitter seems to have slight flaking of the top paint layer so was probably resprayed too. I think replacing the bumper will be worth the money come sale time so will do this, as it's the only real issue with...
  44. T

Good place for Skunk 2 knob, funkypower paypal broke!

Hi there Funky power are having issues with paypal. I dislike using cards directly. Is there any where else reliable and secure I can buy one of the Skunk 2 billet knobs for my EP3? Thanks
  45. T

Aero wiper blades

i got my fronts from wiperblades.co.uk and just typed in my vehicle. Fit fine and been fine since. Very cheap too. Little loose on fitting but secure. I got their own brand and not bosch or anything and have been good.
  46. T

A little rust spot. Do you believe it has much chance of spreading much in the next year or so? If you are bored with the EP3, as I read you were compared to the DC2 and S2K (understandably), i recommend some form of induction kit. I was bored until I bought this. As you probably already know...
  47. T

I'd be interested to know how you fair with the chips. I have this issue. I was considering just scratching away the rust, and using a 3 point pen kit I found at Halfords in silver. It won't match perfect, but won't be able to see. It has a filler, some paint, and some lacquer. Had it for a...
  48. T

Management light intermittent on off

Yes 2 the instrument did say that actually just checked with the person I went with my bad. They did definitely say wash it can sometimes work though. Do you happen to know a price roughly Stoo? If not i'll give Hendy a shout i guess.
  49. T

Had it checked today. Faulty O2 sensor, number 1 apparently they have 4. Was told to take it off and wash it see if that helps, usually does. If not looks like need a quote for one. Unless it would be much cheaper to get a second hand one off here? Couldn't believe how much it costs garages to...
  50. T

Tegiwa Air filter

Regarding development costs, i happily bought a tegiwa and it is great. However when thinking about it, I even get ****ed off when I read about the chinese stealing american technology despite the yanks investing billions. I suppose this is the same. Tegiwa reap profit without development...
  51. T

What do you think an EP3's image is like?

Just thinking out loud. Having owned mine for over a year I was wondering, how do other people see EP3's? I imagine most people just see a Civic similiar to their grandads. Or to a random observer, due the biggish wheels and body kit mean anything? Would you say they are becoming a chav car...
  52. T

Where can I order top up oil? and how much

I changed the oil in my EP3 not so long ago to some MOTUL 8100 x-cess 5W40. It's getting to the point where it needs a top up, you know how the engines are with oil! I don't want to pay 36 quid for a full amount plus filter again from tegiwa but can't find it on amazon. Anywhere you guys go...
  53. T

Oh ok, thanks. My noobness betrayed me.
  54. T

My engine management light keeps coming on and going off at random intervals. When ever I have time to check the code it's off. It's off right now. This morning however for the first time, despite being off, the car was struggling to get up the road for a few minutes, jerking and seemed to be...
  55. T

Proud DC5 Owner!!! Youngest owner?

You only live once and consider what you'll be saying in 10 years.... 'Damn i wish ida saved that £3K it'd be so much better my life' 'I had a DC5 at 19 it ****ing rocked' Assuming you don't crash it and die, that is, probably second option, KUDOS.
  56. T

DC2 DB8 DC5 Would you consider EP3 to DC5 worth doing?

Hmmmm. You've just added another contender. The JDM ones do stand out. 8 type R's? Have you tried other cars such as scoobys, 350'z or performance beemers at all and still gone back, or never ventured?
  57. T

Not sure yet. It really depends on whether I get my pay rise (should find out next month), whether I can eventually bare to sell the EP3 and most importantly how much I can get for it.
  58. T

Been looking at dozens of cars. Every time i like one I always get back out of the EP3 and think the other cars will be boring when pushing. 350Z for example has been slated on here for that reason, not to mention being fearful of RWD, lol. The EP3 i love the rawness(relative to newer cars)...
  59. T

Easyish first track day?

Near Sheffield so brands hatch is at the other side of the country. Looks like they do some on run ways, which may be a very safe intro.
  60. T

Typres and 'wow-wow-wow' type noise. Been told tyre wear

Cheers. Although on tyre reviews for CTR http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/Honda/Civic-Type-R.htm says the re040 are poor, although the spec2's are low down too.
  61. T

Easyish first track day?

Been considering a track day for a while but put off by being the slowest driver the tracks ever seen / binning it. Where would people recommend as a good start point? The old man loves cadwell on the bike but it does seem a bit tight with not that much run off in places. Hopefully this will...
  62. T

Thanks for the replies. Should be good with new tyres and an alignment then and not have to shell out for bloody camber bolts or something, good stuff. RE040 are the standard tyre I believe and thus worse from what I can see than the spec 2's?
  63. T

How long since the change mate without noise? In terms of time or miles.
  64. T

I did find this on google and seems to reach same conclusion actually although different car. http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=596934 "hahaha its ur tires. go rub all 4 of ur tires and two or all four might have uneven tire wear. put ur hand on top of the tire surface and just slide...
  65. T

No idea hence the thread. Never owned a car long enough to need to do anything to the wheels and not had any issues before at all with wheels so no experience.
  66. T

A constant bombard from one area of the car that sounds like there's a duck stuck to the wheel getting smashed round and round?
  67. T

I asked on CTR owners about a constant and quite annoying noise, like a wow-wow-wow type noise coming from the car. Very noticable on motorway, not so bad on good quality 40mph roads. I was told on CTR probably tyre wear. Intend to swap tyres back to front to check this as at the moment its...
  68. T

Ferodo DS2500 pads v Spoon pads - opinions please

Not compared them to anything except standard, but I have DS2500 on my front only and stock rears. When warm they do stop very very well compared to standard.
  69. T

Valve clearance price

Good stuff. I couldn't do it but does certainly seem like the old man could with the clearances. Just shows how much labour costs are!
  70. T

Valve clearance price

My old man was under the impression he could just check/adjust the valve clearances himself quite easily? Seems pretty expensive, unless it's more complex than we realise.
  71. T

Thinking about a CTR EP3

With regard to the paint, due to the manufacture process some how the bumpers to tend to be a slightly different shade to the car paint I did read. Unsure on red, but on silver and grey I know this to be true. Even so, it's always possible a cars had a repsray suppose it depends on how bad it is...
  72. T

A Question For People With Front Window Tints

Mate of mine was pulled with a stupidly dark front tint. Just had to remove them within a time. The officer said, it wasn't the drivers vision he was concerned about, it was his own. If he comes flying through the red lights with the blues on, he needs to make eye contact with the driver (say...
  73. T

350z GT. o hai dere, now forsale :(

This a step up from an EP3 you think? Reading after searching on these forums some people sounded like they were left a bit underwhelmed. The insurance quote on these was only 100quid more than the EP3. That's the 280 version though. Is this a 280 or 300? The car looks and sounds the nuts...
  74. T

Little bit of sill rust

God knows. Could keep it and leave it be and just enjoy driving as I have so far. Or keep and repair. Or sell, but cba to sell and spend my money on an identical car. Difficult one.
  75. T

Little bit of sill rust

Ok mate cheers i'll keep that in mind. Got to decide what i'm doing first though, fell out of love with it now there's so many little shitty things, little rust spots from chips all over so i'll decide what i'm doing first.
  76. T

Little bit of sill rust

Yeah. Just debating plan of action. I was all set to replace bumper till i saw this. Ideally it needs; - surface rust sorting - new front bumper - couple really minute dents just massaging out Then exterior will match how well it drives. Just weighing this up vs selling and replacing...
  77. T

Little bit of sill rust

Out of interest, how much would one expect it to cost if it is just surface to get it sorted at a body shop? I can't see how surface would cost anything over 200quid.
  78. T

Little bit of sill rust

Cheers. In two minds really whether to sort out the little issues or just stick all money towards another car. I never seem to be able to buy mint cars, get too excited. Shame really as the car drives amazing it's just cosmetically a little lacking.
  79. T

Little bit of sill rust

I'm not sure if it's just lots of stone chips and surface stuff or whether I have some nice corrosion going on in front of my rear tyre the sill area. I didn't think these cars rusted tbh. Is it called the sill or not actually? Infront of the rear wheel sort of on the main body behind the skirt...
  80. T

SS EP3

Well the bumpers on the silver ones always look a different colour regardless of condition. But this ones had a bit of paint it would seem so could be either. Once the bumpers replaced it should be pretty mint and i'm going to get a chips away guy to go over and sort out any stone chips...
  81. T

SS EP3

Some sunny shots, looks well! Had a saxo waiting for me to leave wanted a play but was too busy really.
  82. T

Interior cleaning question?

Regarding the initial question, I bought some auto glym interior shampoo type stuff today. Will try it at some point and post my results for anyone interested. The red bit on the seats is getting a bit dirty in 2 places.
  83. T

Painted calipers; yay or ney?

Despite starting the thread i've still not done this. ****ed off ive just washed my car and its dried with spots now ffs. Still going to do this but got to buy tax / pay the chips away man if he prices well etc / find energy to do it. I do think on SS it really fits well the red callipers.
  84. T

Supersprint B-Pipe .. Yes or No

Ohhh I see. I thought you meant you paid 700+ just for the k100. Thanks mate for the info.
  85. T

How much do maps generally cost btw mate? Out of interest. And I see your point with the mid range power.
  86. T

Jesus. So £700+. Not sure I can justify spending over a grand for 14bhp. Cheers mate.
  87. T

How much was the k100 and map if you don't mind me asking mate? I don't want a loud car / too expensive so may do the same.
  88. T

So, £130 for an unsilenced b-pipe. About what? £500 for a k100? And a map would be what, 2-300? Guessing there. So about £8-900 would see 10-15bhp, although I suppose you could just sell the k100 after for a few hundred. + I think from what i read, the cost of using better fuel? A manifold...
  89. T

So a K100 and Kpro will give same gains, just ones adjustable basically without paying for a map every time? If you rolled up to TDI north, with just a tegiwa M, a super sprint b-pipe and a k100, would you walk away with any more than about 5-10 bhp?
  90. T

Accord Type R

Parkers says its a 2.2 with 209bhp? All that revvy powerz in a big comfortable car, i like! The old man has an aged Primera GT and i'm hoping he'll replace it with one of these. Such a great step up.
  91. T

SS EP3

It looks great from the right hand side! The left hand side, it's only minor, but a bumper defect from what looks like a dodgy repair of a small knock ruins it! Only small, but it ruins the line of the car and always catches my eye! Going to order a new one at long last, finally ****ed off...
  92. T

SS EP3

Removed the thinking aloud crap from the post above and have a couple quick questions?? There is a sort of, wow-wow-wow type noise when driving. Another guy with same car had this, he swapped his tyres around and it moved. Possible flat spot? Any idea on this? And what's from experience the...
  93. T

Whats the difference in capability/price of the kpro or k100?
  94. T

Just noise or a handful of horse powers?
  95. T

SS EP3

Removed the ranting essay! Plans are, for when it eventually stops raining - Paint callipers red - Try and remove front bumper, see how it's all fit. If it comes apart fine; order bumper from Hendy at £240. This bumper really ****es me off now. - Still got to get around to refurbing gear knob...
  96. T

RevMonkey's Fn2 :) Updated, Carbon wrap

Any pics of the skunk2's gun metal shean?
  97. T

Supersprint B Pipe

Cheers for links i'll take a look. The DC sports cat back as chris suggested : http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.php?make=HONDA&model=CIVIC&year=2001%2B+EP3+CIVIC+TYPE+R&level1=EXHAUSTS+%26+EXHAUST+MANIFOLDS&level2=EXHAUST+SYSTEMS&level3=&id_product=1406 It's got a 4inch end to it! Not a...
  98. T

Supersprint B Pipe

Arn't they the ones that cost about 600quid?
  99. T

Supersprint B Pipe

Old car had a full SS system, inc. 4-2-1 manifold and decat. It was pretty loud and don't want that again so it's putting off. Are there any fairly quiet yet nice sounding cat-back systems? Don't want to thread hi-jack, it just seemed as if the OP got what he needed and this is related.
  100. T

Supersprint B Pipe

Been considering these for a while. Didn't realize the fitment was so straight forward. This will fit straight on to a fully standard exhaust? Anyone know if the unsilenced one is loud when accelerating smoothly or does it drone? Don't know much about the EP3 exhaust. But a b-pipe + a...
Back