• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Little bit of sill rust

I'm not sure if it's just lots of stone chips and surface stuff or whether I have some nice corrosion going on in front of my rear tyre the sill area. I didn't think these cars rusted tbh.

Is it called the sill or not actually? Infront of the rear wheel sort of on the main body behind the skirt on the inside visible edge.

IF it is actual proper rust how much would a sill repair cost me?

Last edited by a moderator:
the sill runs from the front wheel arch to the rear wheel arch and usually need sill work if you can poke your finger through it (rotten).

its more likely to be surface rust but a proper examination would be needed to determine this.

Cheers. In two minds really whether to sort out the little issues or just stick all money towards another car. I never seem to be able to buy mint cars, get too excited. Shame really as the car drives amazing it's just cosmetically a little lacking.

Out of interest, how much would one expect it to cost if it is just surface to get it sorted at a body shop?

I can't see how surface would cost anything over 200quid.

Yeah. Just debating plan of action. I was all set to replace bumper till i saw this.

Ideally it needs;
- surface rust sorting
- new front bumper
- couple really minute dents just massaging out

Then exterior will match how well it drives.

Just weighing this up vs selling and replacing. However, i doubt many people want to buy a type R with a dodgy bumper unless they're blind, like me! So potentially will lose out a lot if i sold like this any way. Going insane deciding this.

sell it man. don't faff around fixing that ****. sell it quick even if you take a hit will be better than bodging up a car. then buy a cleaner one.

you'd be amazed how many people are pretty thick or simply don't care and don't notice small/medium bodywork damage. you're mugging yourself off if you advertise it as mint or tell people on the phone how great it is. if you think the person on the phone who calls about the car is fussy tell them the car is **** then you waste neither of your time. eventually some mong will come up with reddies burning a hole.

from what you say i would expect it to cost around £140+ but we would need to see before giving a more acurate price, as for your front bumper, honda ones come ready painted so save your self some £££ and fit it yourself, we can remove and re-fit if need ***, if your colse enough to jct39 m1 then feel free to call in for us to take a look and give you a price, we also offer paintless dent removal so could sort your dents at the same time

www.jessopmotorbodies.co.uk

Ok mate cheers i'll keep that in mind. Got to decide what i'm doing first though, fell out of love with it now there's so many little shitty things, little rust spots from chips all over so i'll decide what i'm doing first.

God knows. Could keep it and leave it be and just enjoy driving as I have so far. Or keep and repair. Or sell, but cba to sell and spend my money on an identical car. Difficult one.

Back