• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. T

Where can I find 215/40/17 eagle assymetric II's?

Current tyres are 215/40/r17 W rated Yokohama parada spec 2's. Read really good things about f1 eagle assymetric II's, but can't find them any where in this size online. Any ideas? I hear they're a great overall tyre. Not particularly stiff side walled apparantly, but I don't think the paradas...
  2. T

Took a few shots in the cark park

Walking up to the car today I liked the way it looked so took a few shots. Thought i'd drop them here. I do love the way the satin colour looks with tints. Downside to satin is the bumper shades lol. She is going well, replaced the front bumper a bit back. Hit 91,000 miles now. Passed 2 MOT's...
  3. T

Does this side wall business make much difference?

My front left tyre is dead, as I've not rotated them as I should. Any way, it seems choosing tyres there are lots of opinions etc. Lots of people say the EP3 needs a stiff side walled tyre such as the bridgestones, the stock being the 40 but other people use 50 or 50a? I think. I've read...
  4. T

Do you think my car has been lowered?

I was thinking of the lowering the car to give it a more aggressive stance. I've been asked before though, oh is it lowered it looks lower than my Ep3? The springs are just black don't seem to have writing or anything on. Some pictures: A bit hard to see. But I don't want to waste money.
  5. T

Best value place to source plugs and gearbox oil? also checking the right ones

Hello, Looking at changing the plugs and gearbox oil on my EP3. Just wondering where people get the best prices. I've seen tegiwa imports prices and there are lots of traders on here can't ask them all lol. I've gathered honda mtf 3 is the stuff...
  6. T

Service at 89,000miles

Hi there Does anyone have a copy of an EP3 face lift service manual to make this easier? Due to the age, and the fact my old man might want to buy it next anyway, i'm planning on saving labour costs and servicing the car at home, if possible. Does anyone know what would be required at this...
  7. T

Good place for Skunk 2 knob, funkypower paypal broke!

Hi there Funky power are having issues with paypal. I dislike using cards directly. Is there any where else reliable and secure I can buy one of the Skunk 2 billet knobs for my EP3? Thanks
  8. T

What do you think an EP3's image is like?

Just thinking out loud. Having owned mine for over a year I was wondering, how do other people see EP3's? I imagine most people just see a Civic similiar to their grandads. Or to a random observer, due the biggish wheels and body kit mean anything? Would you say they are becoming a chav car...
  9. T

Where can I order top up oil? and how much

I changed the oil in my EP3 not so long ago to some MOTUL 8100 x-cess 5W40. It's getting to the point where it needs a top up, you know how the engines are with oil! I don't want to pay 36 quid for a full amount plus filter again from tegiwa but can't find it on amazon. Anywhere you guys go...
  10. T

Management light intermittent on off

My engine management light keeps coming on and going off at random intervals. When ever I have time to check the code it's off. It's off right now. This morning however for the first time, despite being off, the car was struggling to get up the road for a few minutes, jerking and seemed to be...
  11. T

DC2 DB8 DC5 Would you consider EP3 to DC5 worth doing?

Been looking at dozens of cars. Every time i like one I always get back out of the EP3 and think the other cars will be boring when pushing. 350Z for example has been slated on here for that reason, not to mention being fearful of RWD, lol. The EP3 i love the rawness(relative to newer cars)...
  12. T

Easyish first track day?

Been considering a track day for a while but put off by being the slowest driver the tracks ever seen / binning it. Where would people recommend as a good start point? The old man loves cadwell on the bike but it does seem a bit tight with not that much run off in places. Hopefully this will...
  13. T

Typres and 'wow-wow-wow' type noise. Been told tyre wear

I asked on CTR owners about a constant and quite annoying noise, like a wow-wow-wow type noise coming from the car. Very noticable on motorway, not so bad on good quality 40mph roads. I was told on CTR probably tyre wear. Intend to swap tyres back to front to check this as at the moment its...
  14. T

Little bit of sill rust

I'm not sure if it's just lots of stone chips and surface stuff or whether I have some nice corrosion going on in front of my rear tyre the sill area. I didn't think these cars rusted tbh. Is it called the sill or not actually? Infront of the rear wheel sort of on the main body behind the skirt...
  15. T

Painted calipers; yay or ney?

Considering painting the calipers on my SS facelift ep3 red. I'm wanting to do some more little touches to personalise the car. Love how it looks on cars on here, but not sure if it will look over the top a bit chavvy in reality. Any thoughts?
  16. T

SS EP3

Decided eventually to stop being tight and do some stuff to the car. Old picture but not a lot happened: Starting this in prep for the weekend provided the weathers good. So already done - Tegiwa carbon fibre air box - Tinted (when bought) - Aero blades - HID's (when bought) - It's on...
  17. T

Just changing B-pipe

Hello there I heard from someone on ZSOC that someone with just a tegiwa and an unsilenced b-pipe managed to get 212bhp or so on a road? I have a tegiwa so was wondering if a different b-pipe would do actually do anything or whether it wouldn't be noticable? I don't want a stupidly loud car...
  18. T

Engine Oil EP3

I've read through the oil mans thread but there are far too many suggestions. I found out online for the EP3 I should be using 5w 40 fully synthetic I think it was. I didn't want to buy crap though so didn't get the brands at morrisons petrol station. Went to halfords and they only have 10w 40...
  19. T

Braided lines make a different alone?

I wish to make another modification to my car, but only subtle. Brakes seem like the future. I figured if I do one thing I'd may as well try braided lines. Will these make a difference on their own, until I get around to anything else? Anyone have any suggestions on the best price per...
  20. T

New Thread. More action less waffle. Silver EP3

Picked up the car on 79,000 miles ish, done about 1100 so far. Over paid slightly, but that's that. 2004 53 reg face lift in silver. As she stands now: Thing she already had: - Parada spec 2's all around - Window tints - Clutch already changed - Mugen door strips (things under the door)...
  21. T

Photos of bodywork issues. Advice please?

Hello, Got some spare time now after a busy spell, trying to neaten up my 80,000mile old Ep3. I'm a little worried about stone chips that are turning to rust spots. Will this continue to spread and become worse? That's likely I would think? More worryingly, is I found some chips that are...
  22. T

tyre pressure for 215 / 40 / 17 / 87w spec 2's

Hello Which tyre pressures should be used on 215 40's? Bigger than the stock so i assume higher than whats on the door inside?
  23. T

Weird clutch feeling as bring it up

As i'm bringing the clutch up after changing gear, towards the top end of the travel it vibrates my foot. It's not a violent vibration, really faint, more like a subtle resistance. The clutch was changed already since it's on 79K. It's under warranty I was considering taking it back? It drives...
  24. T

Induction for EP3 - Further to the guide

I've read the guide, very interesting. Don't want any of the proven heat soak intakes. However, i'm not willing to pay 400 quid for a second hand induction kit, even if it is a gruppe M. CAfeed in the bumper risks water intake, not interested there(forgotten the name of this one). What's a good...
  25. T

HID's

My Type R has HID's, obviously aftermarket. Just a bit worried about using them with how bright they are. Do they blind oncoming drivers at all? I was driving down a country lane at night and usually need full beam a lot. I didn't even need to touch the full beam, the HID's lit the entire place...
  26. T

Scratches, lines on roof and stone chip

My roof, has lines and a couple scratches all over the place. When sunny you can't see a thing. It's just in normal light, there are loads. Some are very noticable, some barely noticable and some are hardly there and really need straining to see. Also a chip that is brown, so a stone chip turned...
  27. T

EP3 Window tints - What did honda do?

Got tinted rears which doesn't matter, I know Honda did a privacy glass option. Did they do the front sides at all? Mine are quite dark and I can't find anything to peel off anywhere, seems like it's the actual glass, unless it's just incredibly good stuff used. Just seems TOO dark for what a...
  28. T

Type R badge for front grill

My type r badge on the front grill, missing colour now. Reds gone so has some of the grey. Didn't realise it was stickers, unless it was just a dodgy badge. Anyone know where I could find a replacement?
  29. T

Silver Satin: My First Type R

Decided on an ep3. Thanks a lot to the members who gave me buying advice in my thread(especially Milano Chris), really good informative site with the faq's etc too. I'll copy what i wrote from there: What a car. It's really blown me away so far. So relaxed and easy, lovely spacious comfy...
  30. T

Whats good value on an ep3/overpriced?

I sold my car and have a week off work. Tuesday/Wed/Thurs could do with a car. Got my heart set on an EP3 for the summer when i turn 21. The value of the cars and mileage etc varies incredibly I don't know what's a bargain and what's a con. I'd like a black one nearby-ish, about 5K. A lot of...
  31. T

Civic soon. Nissan for now!

Hello, New here and very close to deciding to buy an EP3 Type R and I came here to learn more about them for when I buy one basically. Thought i'd stick up a quick snap or two of my datsun since she'll be gone soon. She won't get any love here I know, but for 1100 quid it was a laugh while I...
Back