• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. BennyCtr

Bennyctr's Premier Cosmic Ep3

Long time coming I know but I do have a big update in the pipeline just need to write it all out :) In the meantime I have entered a competition on the ultimate finish website and need your votes! Help a type r brother out! Please vote I need as many as possible! It's dead easy will only...
  2. BennyCtr

Chris' Cosmic Grey Premier Edition

Great write up Chris :p need to see this pronto!
  3. BennyCtr

Recaro bucket seat handle broke!

This happened to mine too, you don't have to take it apart just shine a torch in the gap and you can see the rod it fixes onto, buy a new lever and glue it on :) Recliner lever (pfkl887679) - £1.88
  4. BennyCtr

knocking noise from front left

Check your top mount bolts, also check the bolt in the centre (under the damper adjuster if you have after market coilies) sometimes that causes a little movement in the spring
  5. BennyCtr

Smithy's 2002 EP3 build so far

Is this a standard boot mat?? Mine doesn't have the red trim n badge on it.....I want one lol!?
  6. BennyCtr

Mixing tyre profiles

Thanks for your inputs guys much appreciated, does anyone know the size of oem ep3 rims?
  7. BennyCtr

Mixing tyre profiles

I need 4 new tyres as 2 are illegal already and the other 2 are close, these are both 215/40 atm I'm looking at getting 2 yoko ad08s for the front and then putting some budgets I have already on the back which are oem 205/45, what profile works best? 225/45 are the cheapest for ad08s but I...
  8. BennyCtr

Cheers mate! They are the black kit mate :)
  9. BennyCtr

Wow it's been along time since I updated this! Not alots happened really just a few minor things,(Excuse phone pics and edited pics quality )Fly eyes kit...Few other pics over the recent months...Things to come in the near future;-New coilovers (feb time) -Tow hooks and battery tie bar respray...
  10. BennyCtr

tail lights tint? anyone?

I have the flyeyes kit on my car, they are completely legal and mot friendly as they don't impair the lights in any way, the fronts on my cosmic look mega still undecided on the rears as of yet... Few pics..... My current fave pic...
  11. BennyCtr

Anyone else have water entering thorugh the alarm sensors?

That pic helps a lot as I'm trying to do this atm, but the actual bolt that B is connected too isn't accessible so how do I go about removing it?! I've even moved the metal mounting plate to one side in the head liner but its impossible to gain access to it?! Any ideas guys?!
  12. BennyCtr

EP3 Overheating

I'm having over heating troubles too when sat in traffic for ages, it's not reached the maximum but like 3/4 there, and in the past its had trouble starting back up again if I turn it off to help cool it down. I seem to be missing the overflow coolant top up reservoir as well?! Could this have...
  13. BennyCtr

Squeaky brakes when lightly braking

I have this squeal when pulling up to roundabouts/junctions etc at slow speeds (<10mph) only had my discs and pads changed a month ago so I'm hoping its a simple squeal shim fix?! Service booked for Monday anyway so ill mention it to Tom at TGM see what he says!
  14. BennyCtr

my cosmic ep3

Get some red H's on them centre caps :)
  15. BennyCtr

Supercharged DC5

Where did you get all the blue hoses from? Want them for my ep3!?
  16. BennyCtr

wheel colour for cosmic civic?

Mine are gloss black take a look at my page vvvvvvvvv
  17. BennyCtr

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

That noise is insane ;)
  18. BennyCtr

2010 FN2 GT - Deep Sappire Blue Pearl

Well I knew ur mods from instagram :) but I meant in general about the whole car so thanks :) Car looks sweet!
  19. BennyCtr

2010 FN2 GT - Deep Sappire Blue Pearl

Update needed :)
  20. BennyCtr

2005 Cosmic Grey EP3

Needs another update :)
  21. BennyCtr

Arif's EP3 Build Thread

I love the new colour and the tinted rear lights look spot on with that white! Not so sure on all the wrapping though :/ nice car though mate!
  22. BennyCtr

Coolant bottle has a hole

Nope there isn't mate I've looked time and time again got the manual out the lot, pretty sure it's missing, you can't see a bottle of any description down there, do you have to remove the slam panel cover where the rad cap is to top it up or should you be able to see the cap too?! Would this...
  23. BennyCtr

Jen's NHB Civic

This^^ :) Very clean looking nhb too!!
  24. BennyCtr

Picked up my new rocker cover in Rays Gold from Paul @ Spooner Restorations yesterday, great guy and very helpful! Was a bit of a ballache to fit it as the ep3 engine bay is rather a tight squeeze, but we did it eventually! Very happy with how it looks, some pics.... Old sorry looking one...
  25. BennyCtr

Coolant bottle has a hole

My ep3 doesn't seem to have a coolant bottle?! Can anyone help me out?
  26. BennyCtr

So been to TGM today and had my MOT done along with some new brakes too :p Brake stuff.... Fitted :) .... I have also recently fitted some Tegiwa aluminium shifter bushes which I am very pleased with make a lot of difference nice solid but smooth gear changes ftw!!* Some new pictures too...
  27. BennyCtr

Steering arm relocator from Tegiwa...

This is it... http://tegiwaimports.com/tegiwa-civic-type-r-ep3-steering-arm-relocation-bracket-174/ So I wondered anyone had one fitted? Was it easy or is it costly? Does it work? Does it cure bump steer? Is it worth £65? Thanks :)
  28. BennyCtr

tegiwa solid shifter bushes

I did think about it but it just stayed as a thought and I went inside haha
  29. BennyCtr

I have a Tegiwa m lol just had to abandon it because it started raining! Am going to gym later so will let you know if I notice a difference :)
  30. BennyCtr

Good place for Skunk 2 knob, funkypower paypal broke!

Same price as funkypower? Mine is starting to fade and all the red lettering has come off!
  31. BennyCtr

Havn't been out in it yet as my airbox is still out because it's raining cats and dogs now haha had my tea at the wrong moment aha
  32. BennyCtr

Yh cheers mate done them now found it a bit easier after I un-did all 4 bolts at the same time :) under bonnet ones were a piece of p!ss !!
  33. BennyCtr

Am currently attempting this and if you think this is easy then I'm doing something wrong lol? Under the dash the existing rubber bushes are 1piece and there isn't enough room to push the pin all the way through the other side so how am I meant to do it? Cut it out?!
  34. BennyCtr

My EP3, modded, not to everyones taste...

That's a nice work of art mate! What are them seats like to live with though? I'm guessing they are fixed in place!?
  35. BennyCtr

Never got round to it in the end mate been busy all weekend lol will try and do them in the week hopefully if I get chance to!
  36. BennyCtr

It was easy was it lol?! I'm going to feel a right nonse if I can't do it now aren't I haha! You might be getting a pm asking for your help mate ha!
  37. BennyCtr

I have Sunday free so hopefully weather permitting I'll give it a go with the help of the people's inputs above :) if I am unsuccessful and my effort ends in a huff and lots of *#%* then I'll get u to help Tom if that's ok :) I'm working Monday morning though but thanks for the offer! Watch...
  38. BennyCtr

Thanks for your kind words hazz lol I'll give it a whirl on my next day off and if I can't do it myself I'll get Tom to help :)
  39. BennyCtr

I'm working a late today mate but if you fit yours easily then you can definitely come and help me with mine at some point :)
  40. BennyCtr

I've had these in my garage for a few weeks but Havnt plucked up the courage to take my Gears apart or what ever they are in my engine bay lol
  41. BennyCtr

My alarm is possessed!! Help?!

Any idea how much they are to replace if I have to?!
  42. BennyCtr

Yeah ok mate cheers!
  43. BennyCtr

Yeah it happened a while back but hasn't happened for a few weeks until last night! And it's only when it rains like you said! Cheers for that mate, the bead of silicone you mentioned is that underneath the Ariel so you can't see it from outside the car? Have you sealed around the Ariel on the...
  44. BennyCtr

For some reason my alarm keeps going off completely unprovoked?! Tried everything from manually locking it with the key to using the spare remote and key, anyone had this problem? I have noticed there is a slight gap in the seal around my aerial is there a sensor underneath that that could have...
  45. BennyCtr

tegiwa induction gains on stock ep3??

My car made 4bhp more then my mates standard fn2 and mine has just a Tegiwa on it without a remap, stock the fn2 is alleged to have 1 more then the ep3!! Mine is the green line :)
  46. BennyCtr

Kopite's Milano FN2 - Updated Snow Foam and HD Wax :)

Do you mean funkypower? I had the same problem and they told me that their PayPal account is down at the moment so you have to ring up and pay over the phone :) still not done mine need to today at some point! Nice whip btw
  47. BennyCtr

Quick update - Tegiwa brake stopper Fitted this just now took me about 40 mins in total with a bad hand, very fiddly job but with a bit of patience pretty simple, big thanks to lottie for the how to I used so I knew what I was doing, helped a lot!! Did stumble across a few things I would add to...
  48. BennyCtr

Not really an update yet but I have booked in at TGM on 16th July for my MOT and also they fitting my new brakes for me :) I'm getting stoptech grooved discs front and back along with ferrodo DS2500 pads front and rear, complimented with some motul rbf600 fluid and HEL braided lines :D have...
  49. BennyCtr

My cosmic ep3

Where abouts you live mate I'm in Southampton too?
  50. BennyCtr

blueguy's CW Facelift DC5 -Return to Track Pg 33

Awesome whip bud!!
  51. BennyCtr

*** My Cosmic Grey Honda Civic EP3 Type R ***

Nice corsa mate, I went from a corsa to a cosmic ep3 too :) enjoy it!
  52. BennyCtr

Mooney's type r

Itbs??
  53. BennyCtr

Mooney's type r

Looks spot on mate keep it up!!
  54. BennyCtr

207 BHP Cosmic EP3 - Steak and Banoffee

I know the feeling, just done my insurance beginning of this month, mot due july in which i know the rear discs and pads will fail so im replacing the lot front and back along with lines and fluid, 60k service in sept :/ and i have to pay for a cruise for parents wedding anniversary in sept lol...
  55. BennyCtr

My Cosmic Grey EP3 Premier *K20 MDR*

Looks identical to mine ;) very clean!!
  56. BennyCtr

how to replace fan switch dashboard light of honda civic ep3..please help

Can you buy them in different colours so the dash lights up a different colour?
  57. BennyCtr

Post your head unit

How have you done that? Is it a custom facia job?
  58. BennyCtr

my cosmic grey build thread

Cosmic ftw :D
  59. BennyCtr

Get them nuts painted buddy, finishing touches an all!
  60. BennyCtr

TypeGRRR's CR-X siR - Update: 22/04/15 POWER

Yeah I saw it in there too nice write up :) along with mine in the idol competition :)
  61. BennyCtr

May aswell just swap cars, they look the same anyway haha change the plates over and no-one would know haha! Ok well I will get back to you and let you know asap if I can find somewhere to re-laquer it for a decent price?!
  62. BennyCtr

How much would you want for the bonnet if I kept mine then?! Posting it would cost a fortune though surely? could meet half way somewhere if I do buy it mate? Birmingham looks in the middle roughly?
  63. BennyCtr

You in Lancashire lol? Thats about 4 hour drive away from me :O Yeah definitely needs re-furbing doesn't it haha
  64. BennyCtr

Did you ask at TGM in fleet? I'll try get a quote on Monday, they are £570 + delivery new from funky power I believe as I have looked into them :) But yeah like you say could end up being easier to buy new, I def would only have it if I can get it refurbed for cheaper then buying it new though...
  65. BennyCtr

If you are prepared to wait about 3weeks until I've paid my insurance you might have a deal ;) ?? Is it stil wrapped in matt black? Did you find how much cost you to re-laquer the cf?
  66. BennyCtr

Why you going back to oem spoiler and bonnet mate? I want your bonnet, but my insurance is due next month :( dam!!
  67. BennyCtr

Bally_Ep3 - NHB Premier

Smart mate loving the colour of the wheels goes really well with the black!!
  68. BennyCtr

M62 50MPH Limit = Pure MPG!!!! (210 miles on 1/2 a tank)

I've averaged 40mpg on a trip to Santa pod and back before, went there and back, including 4 runs down the strip, and did 340miles to a tank!!
  69. BennyCtr

Ep3 side skirt sticker

I'm going to be having the same type r logos that are on there as standard but in red/gold instead of the standard red/silver :) Top one for sure, where you putting them?
  70. BennyCtr

Honda Bulb Sizes/Types

Yeah that's correct, if your upgrading your bulbs you may aswell get the H1 HID kit you'll be amazed at the difference :)
  71. BennyCtr

Mooney's type r

Nice, when you getting them fitted mate?!
  72. BennyCtr

Mooney's type r

Good my mate has an fn2 aswell ;) even just with my induction kit I pull away when you change into 4th, I beat him every time at the pod :p
  73. BennyCtr

Mooney's type r

Is it really noticeable the extra power?! In every gear as well as top end?!
  74. BennyCtr

Your not wrong haha It was my 1st time at TFS and my foot was shakin like leaf on the clutch haha but I didn't do too bad, did a 15.2s and it's standard apart from a Tegiwa intake :) I mis-shifted 2nd and 3rd on one run and still did 16s lol looking to get under 15s at japshow :p
  75. BennyCtr

Have you been before? I went to fast show in march and was very disappointed on the girl front lol the only girls there worth looking at were with their boyfriends haha there was a few nice girls on the stands wearing not a lot but other then that nothing :( hence me spending most of Saturday...
  76. BennyCtr

hampshirejapcars.co.uk the other forum I'm on :) see you there either way then :)
  77. BennyCtr

Mooney's type r

Very tidy bud I like it, I need to start doing some power mods to my car I think lol ***** start saving :p
  78. BennyCtr

Haha I didn't notice that, I'm on my iphone so the pic is small, you planning in doing the ring next year? Cheers Mooney, yes japshow isn't it :) I'll definitely be there mate, I may even be on the HJC stand if they can get enough people to go :) I take your going too?! Tbh mate I thought it...
  79. BennyCtr

Nice, I want a ring sticker too, but can't really get one unless I go there, which I want to next year :) No i wasnt mate, I was never interested in cars until I started looking for a new one, came across this forum and now I'm hooked lol!
  80. BennyCtr

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

That's different.....I like it nice job!!
  81. BennyCtr

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

If everyone had the same opinions on cars/mods life would be dull and boring and everyone would own the same car, be individuals it's what is expected of you
  82. BennyCtr

Rocker cover

try spooner productions on here in the traders section mate he does them for a good price
  83. BennyCtr

Ep3 side skirt sticker

im getting some custom made ones from mook on here :) maybe ask him?!
  84. BennyCtr

Bally_Ep3 - NHB Premier

What's made a difference?
  85. BennyCtr

I don't know what mimms is mate sorry lol explain?! If you mean the urls I got them from mook who is in the traders section, if you mean the other stickers I got them from a company called stick-r who had a stand at the fast show last weekend, but they also have a website! I have pm'd mook...
  86. BennyCtr

Go for it :) what you reckon on the type r sticker idea mickey??
  87. BennyCtr

small update; decided to remove the sound/heat proofing on the underside of the bonnet as it looks tacky imo, gave a quick clean and decided to start a sticker collection here to make it look pretty :) hopefully will collect more as i buy new parts etc went to the fast show at Santa pod last...
  88. BennyCtr

The sound it makes is addictive :) Hope you got deep pockets your fuel bill will be significantly higher for a few months at least :p
  89. BennyCtr

Bally_Ep3 - NHB Premier

Very tidy!
  90. BennyCtr

Suspension knocking sounds?

By top mounts do you mean under the bonnet where a strut brace goes?
  91. BennyCtr

Do 1 coat, leave about 30mins to dry, do the 2nd coat and then leave about 6-8hours for them to completely harden! I did them overnight because it's easier, and I did 2nuts and the locking nut and then the other two the next night!
  92. BennyCtr

I've ordered some Dodo hard wax samples mate, so will see what they like
  93. BennyCtr

Cheers mate! Thanks for your reply mate! I plan to buy a batch of dodo stuff when my AG stuff runs out, as for the wax I currently use AG aqua wax which is dead easy to use and does last ages, I may just upgrade it to the HD stuff then and not get dodo wax!?
  94. BennyCtr

Definately best colour mate good choice! They look so nice when they are clean!
  95. BennyCtr

Cheers mate
  96. BennyCtr

Shaenei's Cosmic EP3 **Premier Recaro Seats Fitted ** Page 36

Are your bhp/whp figures accurate in your sig? My car ran a 185.1 at Surrey rr which I believe is whp and all I have is a Tegiwa M?! Also where can I get some dc5 pedals from mate?
  97. BennyCtr

Thought I'd upload these pics after a 2.5hour inside and out clean... I'm currently using Autoglym products, but thinking of buying some dodo juice stuff as its a similar price, is it any better then AG?! Pics .... I took these with a Samsung digital camera and my iPhone so excuse...
  98. BennyCtr

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

may need to order some more soon as my one has started to break off on the corners of a couple letters.....
  99. BennyCtr

Headlight refurb fail

Yeah I masked up the bodywork around the headlight when I was sanding anyway Cheers for your help mate
  100. BennyCtr

Headlight refurb fail

Is it easy to use one of them?
Back