• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My alarm is possessed!! Help?!

For some reason my alarm keeps going off completely unprovoked?!

Tried everything from manually locking it with the key to using the spare remote and key, anyone had this problem? I have noticed there is a slight gap in the seal around my aerial is there a sensor underneath that that could have moisture damage?!

Yea I had this a few weeks ago only when it rained, was being woken up a few times every night it rained andI found it really hard to find info on how to sort it so I worked it out myself.
If you pop the 2 covers off of the block that sits under the ariel with a flat was screwdriver you'll see 2 screws, undo them then open the boot, pull the 2 plastic covers off either side which hold the ceiling in place you can pull the fabric down just enough to get to the last 3 bolts to remove the ariel, it's got a big enough base that I could get a bead of silicone round between the roof and ariel then put everything back together, the alarm hasn't gone off unexpected since! Hope this helps, if anything I explained was unclear I'll get some photos

Yeah it happened a while back but hasn't happened for a few weeks until last night! And it's only when it rains like you said!

Cheers for that mate, the bead of silicone you mentioned is that underneath the Ariel so you can't see it from outside the car? Have you sealed around the Ariel on the roof aswell!?

Just need it to stop raining so I can do that haha

Haha. There wasn't any seal under the ariel, as far as I could see it was just the base of the ariel was meant to be waterproof, the hole in the roof is much smaller than the base of the ariel so I put a bead of silicone with a mastic gun and kept it close to the hole so when I clamped the ariel back down none oozed out

Back