• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Deeper Detail

Glue/double sided tape residue

Nail varnish remover is basically acetone, so be careful on plastics as it can melt them if left to long! Tar and glue removers can mark also, so get it on and off as quick as possible.... Lighter fluid will remove glue safely, as it evaporates quickly (use a cotton bud)
  2. Deeper Detail

Milano Red Question

As a matter of interest, what did you use to protect the paint and how often? I'm only asking this as mine's being kept outside 95% of its life with me and it's fine...
  3. Deeper Detail

Milano Red Question

I've got a 2001 Milano red Ctr and it is still pretty much the original shade (had it since 2003). Main thing with all cars is keep it protected with a wax or sealant so the elements don't work against the paint.
  4. Deeper Detail

dodo juice?

Dodo juice is a solid performer compared to a lot on the market. All the waxes are easy to work with and when you think about it, if you're getting 25-40 layers per pot, it's not expensive. Lime prime and lime prime lite are really good as a pre wax cleanser and contain fillers to mask mild...
  5. Deeper Detail

Detailing perverts assemble! Rotary polishers, talk to me...

Thats seems like a lot of work in a short space of time! (Plus really cheap) I spend 2-3 days on enhancements and 4-10 days on full correction to do it safely, depending how bad the car is, removing as little clearcoat as possible... Make sure they're fully insured, if you do go with them...
  6. Deeper Detail

Lots of traffic tar bits on my ctr

Tardis for removal definitely. If not, there are many on the market that do as good a job. I tested some from a company called car-chem that was really good and not to expensive. Claying to remove all what you can't see is a good idea, but I would use iron x first for any metal contaminants...
  7. Deeper Detail

what windscreen cleaner?

A glass cleaner and a cloth with some bite to remove most, followed by glass cleaner and paper towel/kitchen roll to remove the rest. To keep it from fogging up again have a look at fog fight by carpro.
  8. Deeper Detail

Autoglym Aqua car wax any good?

To throw a spanner in the works, have a look at car pro reload, very easy to use and lovely finish, giving good durability.
  9. Deeper Detail

Power Washer

All pressure washers will draw from a water butt, even if they do not state it, the higher the wattage, the easier they will draw... At the end of the day, some people get really bad water pressure from their direct supply, as I've witnessed time and time again, so a water butt filled, would...
  10. Deeper Detail

Power Washer

The nilfisk c110 is a good buy, that's what I keep in the van for mobile stuff. The advantage with nilfisk over the lower end karchers is that they have brass/metal internals, the lower end karchers have turned to plastics over the last couple of years, which can split in winter which you don't...
  11. Deeper Detail

Seagull sh*t destroying my paintwork

You can always try, but from what was described and from the pic, I don't think that it would in this case. Baby wipes are good for emergencies for fresh ones and it is always best to get them off asap
  12. Deeper Detail

From Halfords etc, the farecla G3 scratch remover, followed by the paint renovator. Off the internet, there are so many... Gtechniq P1 is affective by hand. They have a dual sided applicator too, use the stiffer side, to remove the marking, then turn over to the soft side for finishing off...
  13. Deeper Detail

If you have washed it and tried scratch remover, then it has certainly etched onto the clear coat. I would recommend a more aggressive polish by hand, if you are comfortable in doing it, following up with something less aggressive to remove any marks you have put in with the other... Easiest...
  14. Deeper Detail

can you get closer with the pic? A macro shot :)
  15. Deeper Detail

photobucket or the like and copy the img code and paste it
  16. Deeper Detail

Take a pic to show us, but if it's etched, then it's a little wet sand and machine polish of the area (you can polish it by hand but it will take a while)
  17. Deeper Detail

Cleaning murky headlights

The best thing really is one of the ceramic coatings available, like Gtechniq C1+ which will seal in the gloss and reduce marring, wax or sealant is fine though, just apply to the lights at the same time as when your'e doing the paint. Helps keep em clean as well.
  18. Deeper Detail

Cleaning murky headlights

Most polishing compounds work on plastics as well. When I'm doing paint correction, most of the time I will be able to use the same compound on the lights to remove hazing or swirls. I just tend to run over them again with a finishing polish, to remove any buffer trails in them so they look like...
  19. Deeper Detail

Post paint waxing

Cheers matey, it was a lovely paint to work with and a lovely motorcar
  20. Deeper Detail

Post paint waxing

I know I'm a little late to answer, but there are products out there that can protect the paint, without fear of letting the paint cure/out gas properly. Permanon is one, gtechniq c2 is another (arguably the same product) I recently had to do a correction on a bmw 335D, which had had the bonnet...
  21. Deeper Detail

Dash Shine / Interior Shine

I wouldn't do the dash, as sun just reflects off it and blinds you, but if you do want the rest of the plastics shiny and protected, auto finesse revive, it won't mark with water either ;)
  22. Deeper Detail

Bumper colour?

You will find, looking at say, the front bumper and wing from the same angle, they will be a closer match than looking at them both from a standing position because the fleck/flake/metallic in the paint will stand out more on the bumper because you are looking at it from a truer angle ...
  23. Deeper Detail

Always remove it asap as people have stated. I'm guessing the products were freshly applied prior? A wax or sealant 'should' protect against bird droppings until you have chance to remove it, as long as the products have cured, which vary from one to the next.... I know it seems a faff about...
  24. Deeper Detail

Can you tell Dave is a teacher? ;) Seriously though, if you can borrow a paint gauge if you're going about correcting your paint, do it, as it will show you where to go careful, not just on seams and edges. Obviously you can do it 'blind' if you're careful all the way, but you are guessing what...
  25. Deeper Detail

To throw a spanner in the works, have you considered a DA and the megs microfibre system? I'm only saying this because Honda paint is easy to correct but fussy to finish down. The majority of the time, I will always go over a car with my DA to remove the really fine buffer trails that you can...
  26. Deeper Detail

Makita are bullet proof for the money, think I got mine for 161 delivered. If your not going to use it that much, cleanyourcar do one called an EP800 at a good price, which I've had a go with, which has a slow start speed.... If your rolling in money though, get a festool rap150 ;)
  27. Deeper Detail

detailing advice please

Leave the car wet, make sure you get a soft/mild clay, as this is usually all that is needed for Honda paint. If your using the bilthammer clay, all you'll need is water as lube, if your using any others, either get a dedicated lube, or a shampoo solution in a spray bottle and then mist the...
  28. Deeper Detail

mopping!

Whereabouts in Kent are you? I have a good friend from the Crawley area that is highly recommended.....
  29. Deeper Detail

Very noobish question.

Orange crush. It is a nice oily number to give a nice wet look that one. Red mist does give a nice gloss up also, but don't over apply that one, as it can streak if you do (plus remove your wax a little) A good tip for the red mist is use two microfibres, mist it a onto one of them, wipe over a...
  30. Deeper Detail

Very noobish question.

Looking good! What wax did you end up using?
  31. Deeper Detail

A basic guide to foaming.

Is it the one you got with the karcher? If it is, it's only really meant for foaming shampoo up..... If it's a proper snow foam lance, you should be able to get it like shaving foam.
  32. Deeper Detail

Any advice on Meguiars G220

Another good thing about it, is the short set time, 60-90 seconds, hence why you don't get to much dusting. If you do get excessive dusting, you have either used to much, or worked it to long.
  33. Deeper Detail

S17+ is really really good. if you use say wool, or a really aggressive pad it works like power gloss, but then with a good gloss to match when used with a with a finishing pad. Without any dust. Though, the only ones I've really got to know is S17+ and S3 Gold...... Using the final finish on...
  34. Deeper Detail

Ultimate compound isn't that aggressive in the scheme of compounds, so unless you have all your body weight over the machine then I wouldn't worry too much. To be safe, with you not doing any kind of correction before though, have a go with the -3 pad and ultimate compound, a small area 2'...
  35. Deeper Detail

As with all machining, you want the least aggressive polishing pad with a light polish and work up from there until you get the correction you want out of the combination, then work back down to enhance the finish afterwards. What polish are you using? To be cautious, start with the SFX-3. Go...
  36. Deeper Detail

Very noobish question.

Awesome haul....... Like Al says.... Detailing gets addictive (in a good way) so beware. A tip on the red mist, don't use it til a week after you've applied your wax
  37. Deeper Detail

Very noobish question.

Nice! Nothing like getting new stuff to treat your car with :) Careful with the chamois (leather) as they can drag any grit or such like across your paint work that hasn't been rinsed away..... . I use drying towels, which you can pick up quite cheap, even asda had some last time I was in...
  38. Deeper Detail

Very noobish question.

If you shop around on amazon etc, you can pick up a nilfisk C110 up for around £50, which are really well made for the money
  39. Deeper Detail

Iron X....Bilberry....Very Cherry....???

Bilberry or autosmart smart wheels, both diluted. Iron x for removing any iron deposits from the breaks, as and when. Once they are clean though, protect them with a couple of layers of a durable wax or sealant like FK1000P, britemax extreme elements or Jetseal 109, then they'll stay cleaner...
  40. Deeper Detail

EP3 CTR surging after the engining is warm

Thats true. With you telling me to do a search I thought maybe someone had done a little walk through or something, but thanks anyway. I'll hopefully sort it out on Monday and get her back on the road :rolleyes:
  41. Deeper Detail

Cheers for the replies. I was trawling through and found some, but thanks for the search advice. I'll do a search now
  42. Deeper Detail

Very noobish question.

Dodo juice is pretty damned good for the money and all the waxes do a good job in protecting your paint for 3-6 months, depending which one you choose. Quick tips are get a cheap pressure washer if you don't already have one, jet wash as much dirt off prior to the wash, use a noodle mitt or...
  43. Deeper Detail

Hi mate. The G220 is a good DA polisher, but there are cheaper ones on the market that do the same job, namely the DAS6 and DAS pro by kestrel. It is a pretty safe way to do it yourself, but it will take time. A new edition to the market are the micro fibre pads that megs do, which get good...
  44. Deeper Detail

I hope someone can help me here..... Basically the car has being off the road for a number of months and when I got my ass in gear to get it MOT'd, I noticed that the car revved in a wave, from 1000-2000 rpms, up and down continuously on tick over. This is after the car is warmed up and the...
  45. Deeper Detail

brake dust on paint work... help

Best thing to use mate is car pro 'iron x'. It was initially designed for removing break dust from wheels, but is safe on your paintwork. It's a clear liquid that you spray on and when it comes into contact with metal contaminants, it turns purple and 'bleeds', to show you visually where the...
  46. Deeper Detail

Astra VXR Nurburgring detail.

He's selling his 'ice', so another project is on the way.... I'll keep a look out
  47. Deeper Detail

By his thread on DW, I think he will be getting a new one soon, if he hasn't already ;)
  48. Deeper Detail

Yes, the green RS is much more detail friendly and I'm sure I've seen multiple coats of celeste on that, to great affect....
  49. Deeper Detail

Which shampoo??

Just tried the new auto finesse 'lather' shampoo..... 2000:1 ratio, good price, smells great, works really well.... My new favourite shampoo....
  50. Deeper Detail

I'm really surprised Marc picked a white car to purchase and detail as it doesn't bling like some colours... Or show a true 'wet look'..... Glosses up no doubt... Funny choice for me though... As for zaino and the 51 levels of sealant... It does layer and layer, but it doesn't do it for me...
  51. Deeper Detail

Linked up now....

Just put a link up on my site to the forum home page. May many hits come this way ;)
  52. Deeper Detail

need help with Meguiars Ultimate products

If your going for that combo, you could miss out on the paint cleaner as the compound will do a lot of what that will do. The ultimate wax is ok, but check out megs#16, very good for it's price tbh
  53. Deeper Detail

need help with Meguiars Ultimate products

The megs ultimate compound is ok and dusts and fills far less than stuff like SRP, but it's ok by rotary polisher. If you don't have one then your not going to achieve that much apart from getting more gloss back into your paint, but you won't remove many marks unfortunately. A good combo for...
  54. Deeper Detail

Car needs to gleam ?

If the surface 'feels' rough then clay it, if it feels silky smooth, then you won't need to generally. If there is any fallout on your car though, claying is best, rather than DA'ing as some fallout can be in the form of metal contaminants or other harsh particles, which can induce swirls with...
  55. Deeper Detail

Car needs to gleam ?

Yep that's right mate.
  56. Deeper Detail

Car needs to gleam ?

If you have the DAS 6 Pro and megs polishes, stick with them as the SRP dries out quick to be honest and dusts up, the megs are far more suited for the task at hand (so just miss out the SRP stage) As winter is coming, if you do get chance to give the car a once over with the DA, give it a...
  57. Deeper Detail

Car needs to gleam ?

Put the sealant under the wax Chris. Also, when your using your DA, what polish are you using? It seems like your polishing twice there, once by machine and then once by hand.... You can use your SRP with your DA for much quicker results
  58. Deeper Detail

Detailing....

Lol, cheers mate. Yeah, I do get a continued discount with them, so the more I buy, the better it is.... If I say around 20% if the order's big enough and wax comes in boxes of 12's I think if I remember correctly.... Yeah I do allsorts of cars/vehicles..... Over the past week I've done a aston...
  59. Deeper Detail

Detailing....

I prefer pro detailer, rather than valeter ha ha! Yep, that's my job..... On the 'devil shine', asda and such like always have it on offer 2 for 1.... I'll have to do a group buy on dodo stuff when I can, as I've just become a dodo DAD (dodo authorised detailer) but this enables me to get...
  60. Deeper Detail

Detailing....

In all honesty, get a snow foam gun for your karcher, the reservoir won't do it, it will only slightly foam shampoo etc, but not to the extent of a snow foam lance. They are all about the same price and all the same quality really.... You can use tfr on the whole car, just don't let it dry out...
  61. Deeper Detail

Detailing....

Don't worry at all on the questions, I like to help.... Dodo juice, whereabouts are you situated? As I can get stuff at a discount through buying so much stuff from various places, online, shinearama, waxamomo and I4detailing, all really good and top service. Always try n wash your car when...
  62. Deeper Detail

Detailing....

Joe's already posted a process, so I'll just add a few bits I do.... Wheels, if there's any built up brake dust that you can't shift, have a look at iron x, as it comes into contact with any brake dust it bleeds purple, so you can pin point every bit on your wheel that's contaminated and...
  63. Deeper Detail

Detailing....

Claying in general is around a couple of times a year to be safe like what Joe said, but it can be more frequent depending on where the car is parked and what's in the air.... Say if you parked your car near a station and went to work on the train every day, then the fallout in that area would...
  64. Deeper Detail

Detailing....

Yeah bilberry is one of the best available, you'll probably get it cheaper off I4detailing or waxamomo, scout around... Water spots are just the minerals that are in our water, so whilst you are washing and rinsing, panel by panel, keep your washed panels wet until your done and then get the...
  65. Deeper Detail

Detailing....

Hiya mate. Just a quick reply for now as I need to get to work for 9:30am.... I personally use the good quality noodle mitts, but that's just for ease of care. Lambs wool mitts are great, but take slightly more looking after, as stuff does get trapped in them, so combing them after washing is...
  66. Deeper Detail

Detailing....

Hiya mate ;)
  67. Deeper Detail

Detailing....

Just a quick message, but if anyone wants any info on any detailing products out there that I have used..... I'll always give the best info that I can give in terms of products and always say it like it is.... Whether it be snowfoam to clay or whatever, I'm here to help.
  68. Deeper Detail

Tegiwa kit for EP3 is amazing (Gruppe M is better)

Wow, after looking at info for induction and scouting ebay and the such likes, I'm finally at the end of this beast of a thread.... I think it's click, click, parcel time..... ;)
  69. Deeper Detail

Car needs to gleam ?

Which autoglym product did you use?
  70. Deeper Detail

A couple of mine from the other day....

Had a little test with Migliore Competizione the other day....
  71. Deeper Detail

A basic guide to foaming.

Magifoam is the best snow I've used and cleans quite well compared to others too. The dwell is the best I've come across, getting close to 30 mins on a dirty unprotected car.
  72. Deeper Detail

Which shampoo??

Duragloss is a really good shampoo and good dilution ratio.
  73. Deeper Detail

New Meguiars Dual Action Polisher G220

What size backing plate/s have you got for the pc? As long as it is Velcro, you are good to go really, I got 6" ones on test, but just did a quick search and they do 5" as well. They are faster than foam, but still slower than a rotary...
  74. Deeper Detail

Which shampoo??

I know it's a few months old and you've got a shampoo by now, but all the dodo ones are great and all really concentrated to you get more out of a bottle than most bigger ones. Sour power leaves behind a little carnauba to keep your wax topped up and shiny.... valet pro poseidon's carnauba wash...
  75. Deeper Detail

New Meguiars Dual Action Polisher G220

If your looking for a dual action, the kestrel DAS6 is a well priced one. For correcting with a dual action, it will take time even on our soft paint, but meguiars have just brought out some microfibre cutting pads that are designed to work better with them. A lot quicker than any foam pads...
Back