• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. ilovemyhonda

Civic type r EP3 exhaust

this happened me yesterday, hasnt rained in about 3 weeks and my hks is hitting the underside of the car for some wierd reason! will this go away??
  2. ilovemyhonda

My 04 nighthawk ***black betty*** update2/4/13

a few people have noticed the black 'H', thought it was a nice touch :) need to change the wheel nuts, the gold ones dont really suit it anymore!lol you should dude, the fitment is really good for a replica and i actually painted it myself!lol just sprayed it up and flatted and buffed it and...
  3. ilovemyhonda

im going to hang on to the standard bits and probably sell the mods separate when it comes time to sell up! :) black spoiler is a nice touch!
  4. ilovemyhonda

update - silver wheels think it looks much better with them silver! just need to change the wheel nuts! :)
  5. ilovemyhonda

strange rear camber issue - help

thanks for the info, to be honest a mate got a set not so long ago and they seem good quality, after all its only threaded bar with a bracket on either end! his seem ok so far so ** give them a whirl! What bush is it, do you know? cheers
  6. ilovemyhonda

think thats the plan! bought some d2 arms yesterday! see if it sorts it!
  7. ilovemyhonda

ok, but where is the problem, is it the bushes in the standard camber arm that have had enough? It very noticable from behind. i know what you mean by dropping the car i have made it worse but this is waaaayyyy off on one side, if i raised it back to standard height it would still be very...
  8. ilovemyhonda

surely if the height is the same on both sides the camber should be the same on both sides, since there is no way to adjust it with standard arms?
  9. ilovemyhonda

well the only adjuster i can find at the rear are on the LCA, its the uneven camber thats confusing me
  10. ilovemyhonda

i have camber bolts ar the front, just the arms at the back im wondering about, one side is fine and i could live with it but the other is waaaaay off. FRSU coming up as soon as i get this issue sorted
  11. ilovemyhonda

i just cant see any adjustment sorting that amount of camber, should i just buy top arms and be done?
  12. ilovemyhonda

ok, so haven't owned this ep3 too long and I've noticed that my rear camber is strange, one side is cambered in a lot more than the other, i removed the coilovers and all is good with them, broke them down and built back up again, shock is good, spring is good, set at the same height. The...
  13. ilovemyhonda

My NHB EP3R

sounds epic :)
  14. ilovemyhonda

Dazza's NHB Civic Type R 259.5bhp

the tegiwa is a nice job, good buy!! wierd, both my seats have type r stitched into them and rear headrests has red stitching! wonder why they differ :/ had a quick google and any i can find all have the type r logo on them!
  15. ilovemyhonda

cheers guys! pretty happy so far, will get some pics with the new spoiler this week! :)
  16. ilovemyhonda

Dazza's NHB Civic Type R 259.5bhp

nice car man, looks very clean indeed! same year/colour/spec as mine! i love my leather! :) does yours have the nav? if not you should keep your eye out for one! i also have the hks hi power lol, great minds i tell ya! :) look forward to more updates!
  17. ilovemyhonda

My NHB EP3

nice write up! enjoyed the pics, keep them coming!
  18. ilovemyhonda

small update.... mugen spoiler bought painted and fitted :) will get better pics when the weather clears up but turned out well once it was flatted back and buffed up :)
  19. ilovemyhonda

Sunlight is something i dont have a love of lol
  20. ilovemyhonda

Few more pics after a quick polish The prefacelift hydro locked because of an aem cai, new engine and is now sold
  21. ilovemyhonda

Only a few crap photos on the ipad but ** fire some more up, mugen spoiler is a possible but im not sure, have a set of japspeed rear arms to fit still also! I think the leather is a nice touch! No way am i selling it! Has the sat nav also! :) Well if you fancy a swap of wheels?haha its just...
  22. ilovemyhonda

Fairly standard when i bought it, apart from the wheels being black, they are being painted silver again in the next few weeks, fitted some tein superstreets and recently an hks hi power cat back, kpro has been bought but not fitted yet until i get my mani on! Lots of bits and pieces still to do!:)
  23. ilovemyhonda

new exhaust - HKS Hi Power - what header?

Im thinking japspeed to be honest
  24. ilovemyhonda

MOT Expiration/Void ?

yeah usually we get any amendments long after the rest of the UK, only really in the last 6 months i think that warning lights on the dash were a fail, pretty sure the EML is a fail aswell as ABS and airbag.
  25. ilovemyhonda

MOT Expiration/Void ?

not sure what the rules are in england or the rest of the UK but in N.Ireland, engine warning light is a fail, so id maybe check that as i believe we follow the same regulations
  26. ilovemyhonda

AEM CAI 'Hydro-locking' - engine side effects?

My gripe is simple, however this thread is merely entertaining me through the work day, its possible to hydro your engine using an AEM CAI, its happened, lots, and will happen again, although im sure it wont happen to you with your crystal ball to warn you of road conditions etc, iv nothing to...
  27. ilovemyhonda

you priced an engine recently?? £400 on a GM or £1000 on an engine if it goes pete tong. Whats so wrong with a short arm filter? do you really feel the 3bhp your long arm is giving you? you refuse to accept that you take a risk with an AEM CAI, bigger fool you dude! To be honest i dont care...
  28. ilovemyhonda

nomatter what you wrap around it or cover it with i dont think it will help you if the filter becomes submerged or even partially submenrged in water!
  29. ilovemyhonda

if your going to buy an AEM CAI, buy a bicycle aswell, as theres a good chance you may need it during your AEM ownership!lol
  30. ilovemyhonda

help needed

what part, at the cat to the centre pipe there are 3 studs, i just cut mine off as they were rusted badly, drilled them out and replaced with nuts and bolts, at the backbox side of the centre pipe the standard exhaust has two long bolts with springs on each bolt, no idea what you call them other...
  31. ilovemyhonda

^^^ exactly all this! finally some people that get what I've been trying to say! Road conditions can be unpredictable! wrong place wrong time and all that! you knowingly take a stupid risk with an aem long arm, for what exactly? what exactly are the difference in bhp gains between that and a...
  32. ilovemyhonda

exactly my point, dark + unfamiliar road in the rain = disaster this is a lot more common than most people think
  33. ilovemyhonda

cleaning stainless steel?

Well got the hks all cleaned up tonight, oven cleaner worked great, took some fine wet and dry to it to get te stubborn marks, autosol on a rotary polisher afterwards and its mirror finish! Chuffed! :)
  34. ilovemyhonda

Oven cleaner!!!! you my man are a genius!!!!!
  35. ilovemyhonda

i bought the exhaust off a FB page 'EP3 Kings Uk' and in the pictures they had up it looks stinking!lol Its going to be a lonnnnnngggg night! If it arrives today that is! :)
  36. ilovemyhonda

i will give the autosol a go and if theres any tough bits i will try a wee bit of wire wool!
  37. ilovemyhonda

suppose it depends on how rough the wire wool is
  38. ilovemyhonda

dont really want to score it, want the mirror finish, autosol it is then :/ great lol
  39. ilovemyhonda

would wire wool not score it?
  40. ilovemyhonda

ok so the exhaust i bought is pretty dirty and needs a good clean, what should i use or what is the easiest to bring stainless back up to a nice shine? Autosol?
  41. ilovemyhonda

new exhaust - HKS Hi Power - what header?

Just bought an HKS Hi Power cat back and im after a header to go with it! What set up is everyone else with this currently running? Japspeed seems to be a popular one? :)
  42. ilovemyhonda

It can happen anyone dude, you dont have to drive like a tool to hit a puddle, id maybe take it off and dry out the filter, make sure its not soaking wet, if the car is still running ok id say you have got away with it
  43. ilovemyhonda

Rodger that, must be a Northern Ireland thing, forgive me, i beg of thee?
  44. ilovemyhonda

The odd 'lol' and a few spelling mistakes? Is this site that tight? :/
  45. ilovemyhonda

No no nothin personl at all dude, this wee debate got me through work today!lol Well they obv work well and uv no worries on a nice dry day!lol i just dont think its suitable for the type of weather we get here, you know! Im sure lots of people have these many years for many miles, but some get...
  46. ilovemyhonda

i think you guys are just in love with your CAI!lol water does not need to be coming in your door sills and the whole filter certainly does not need submerged! Everyone knows the risks with water and filters thats low in the bumper, its up to you if you think its worth the hassle if it goes...
  47. ilovemyhonda

well personally, due to the fact I've seen it happen first hand, i would not have one installed, the guy was caught off guard on a country road at night, oncoming traffic and had nowhere to go but through it, it can happen the best off us! his interior is bone dry so no water came in the door...
  48. ilovemyhonda

he had done around 20-30k with the filter previous to that happening also... its all well and good until you get caught out, then you have to go pick up your pistons!!
  49. ilovemyhonda

these are the biggest heap of s**t out, take it off and burn it immediatley!!! I just had an ep3 in the hydro locked because of one of these, needless to say the owner found number one piston smiling at him out the back of the block, yep, it went bang. new engine time, they arnt made for uk...
  50. ilovemyhonda

Exhaust help, just fitted de-cat....

Hi guys Im new to the forum so any help would be great! i fitted a decat to my ep3 last night using the standard manifold, one of the bolts with the springs on it broke on me, i managed to drill it out and get a bolt to do the job but i have a serious blowout from the decat to manifold join...
Back