• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. S

Exhaust and manifold question

Hey pal I have a decat with 4-1 manifold and I tried putting the standard cat on whilst keeping the japspeed manifold and it would not fit, the spring bolts were loose when fully tight. Going to try make something fit for Mot time
  2. S

still squealing!

Cheers guys think I will bite the bullet. New chain and tensioner:lol:
  3. S

still squealing!

Getting to the stage of might get rid time with this squeak. Really don't want to be spending loads of money on parts it may not be. The noise sounds directly from the cam chain area. But goes when the oil is changed? Then returns after 100 miles or so. Baffled
  4. S

still squealing!

Cheers pal, I've been just going insane with the noise, very strange how I change my oil and the noise goes for a week or so then comes back. Does the oil pump chain also get replaced with the main chain? Also which seal are you meaning mate? The rocker cover seal?
  5. S

problem after fitting manifold and decat

Yes the 4-1 short piece with separate decat pipe
  6. S

I had just a dc sports cat back, then bought the japspeed mani and decat and the noise doubled as did the drone
  7. S

And it sounds so much better with a decat :D
  8. S

I have the same set up pal japspeed manifold with decat and dc sports catback , what catback you running? I didn't use the eml spacers just put up with it on. I've never heard of decating a car without a map causing engine problems just running a little rich. Could it really cause damage, having...
  9. S

still squealing!

Well I dropped the oil again and replaced with 5w30 fully synthetic and again no squeal for a few days and then it's back loud as ever. How can I noise go for a week and then come back just by changing the oil? Really need a this is your fault now lol. If it was the tensioner or oil pump bearing...
  10. S

Need it quieter

Ha as In engine bang sin?
  11. S

Need it quieter

Also yes with the bung fitted its Perfect I use it for early mornin to work. Save the neighbours moaning ha. I would have it in all the time but it looks a mess, might try paint it black so it's not as in your face ugly ha
  12. S

Need it quieter

Thanks guys, ye I havnt got a remap or anything. I might revert back to standard manifold and cat, I had this set up before but wanted it louder lol. Owel better being safe and a little quieter. Cheers for your help guys
  13. S

Need it quieter

I have a japspeed manifold with decat pipe and dc sports catback and there is too much drone for my liking. I'm tempted to put the oem backbox on and see how it sounds keeping the dc b pipe and manifold. Any one have any idea how this would sound cheers
  14. S

still squealing!

Update on the squealing when revved issue, I dropped the oil and filter and replaced with good 5-30 fully synthetic oil and... No more squeal! But then 1 week on the squeal is coming back, starting to get back to the way it was now. Annoying! Totally stumped
  15. S

Can I have advice please:)

Just making sure this will stop the unsafeness of running my engine lean? Is it just the decat that causes this or the manifold aswell. Cheers
  16. S

But my manifold and decat pipe are separate so In effect I'm sure I could keep the 4-1 manifold on and stick my oem cat I pipe on clearing the light as the cat is back. Also reducing drone. The standard backbox won't fit the dc b pipe. The flanges are different angle
  17. S

Hey guys I've got a dc sports catback which sounded awesome but I wanted it a little louder. Now though I have just fit a japspeed 4-1 manifold and japspeed decat pipe and wow a little bit too droney and loud when just trying to cruise slow. Also my engine light it on, I'm thinking as its not...
  18. S

dc sports bung

Looks very dog with the bung in though lol have to admit
  19. S

DC Sports Catback Exhaust with DC Exhaust Header

Just fitted my japspeed manifold with decat pipe and dc sports catback and it's loud! Little too much drone. Engine check light just came on so be looking for a remap soon. Can the police pull you for excessive noise as I'm worried with this set up I'm going to get pulled.
  20. S

still squealing!

Well Ive had the cover off and it's all a lot cleaner than I suspected, chain was tight and couldn't see anything unusual, really struggling now going to change the oil and filter tomorrow so see what happens. It's baffling me as it only squeaks when hot even with auxillary belt off. Weird
  21. S

Advice Fitting Cat back system

Hey pal I had this problem last week fitting my dc sports cat back, it was a nightmare of a job as I was on my back with no ramp or heat. Had to grind the nuts fully off then drill the remaining studs through but trust me they are stainless studs so be prepared for a lot of drilling. Ended up...
  22. S

Pull off Creaking Noise

Check your drop links mine sound like the front end is all loose but it's just the links
  23. S

still squealing!

?? Going to remove my rocker cover just to see if I can see anything unusual. Really struggling with this any help ?
  24. S

Japspeed 4-1 Manifold, Japspeed Decat & Scorpion Cat Back - What To Do Next?

I've just fitted a japspeed manifold and decat coupled to my dc sports cat back and wow loud lol. Sounds awesome aslong as a copper doesn't get behind me lol might deafen them ha
  25. S

still squealing!

Would the tensioner actually squeal following increasing revs? Or anything else that could squeal its like a cat is under my bonnet. Lol
  26. S

still squealing!

Yer I think that's the only thing it could be thinking about it cheers pal
  27. S

still squealing!

right after my 54 ep3 has been squeaking when revved since i bought it and its driving me nuts... ive replaced the auxillary belt, tensioner and top idler and still it squeals. ive just removed the auxillary belt all together to dismiss the pulleys driven off the belt and it still does it with...
  28. S

dc sports bung

Ye I used metal crush gaskets for the two pieces at the back ( b pipe to silencer and silencer to backbox) The thing is at each side where it bolts there is no blowIng it's just in the centre of the joint there is a slight gap where it's not sitting flush so it's blowing through there. It's as...
  29. S

dc sports bung

Ye lol you had any blowing issues
  30. S

dc sports bung

hey pal i just bought the dc sports catback also, was a nighmare fitting it as had to grind the cat studs off and drill through, its blowing also. i dont think it drones too bad i mean yer in 4th and 5th it drones but depends what your used to lol. i have the bung so will measure it tomorrow and...
  31. S

Auxillary belt squeak when hot

Fitted new belt but still squeals when hot. Turns out the used tensioner I got off eBay i can hear grinding also the top idler pulley sounds abit shot. There is an arrow on the tensioner but where should It line up to ?
  32. S

Cheers mate I will see how it goes tomorrow
  33. S

Yes well the marker is correct and I bought it from a reputable guy in eBay think it was integrastella something. Im going to try my new belt tomorrow so I'll keep posted cheers
  34. S

Facelift ep3 pal sorry...
  35. S

My NEW FN2 TYPE R

Wanna meet up some time pal lol always passed this at Arnold Clark on the stand? Im always in leyland
  36. S

Getting annoyed with this now, fit a new belt, just fit a new old used tensioner and it's still screeching when revved. I got the belt off eBay now I'm wondering if it's just a rubbish belt or could it be something else.? I spun the alternator and water pump but couldn't feel any thing that...
  37. S

My annoying squeak / chirp [Diagnosed]

Definitely brake related, as said heck after a run if one disk is a lot hotter than the rest, indicating a sticking caliper, maybe just needs some copper slip lol
  38. S

Shock Absorber problem

Hey pal mines the same both front shocks have a lot of play in them side to side when jacked up. Constant knocking. Going to go for coilovers when I get the money
  39. S

Grinding noise when engine braking

mines exactly the same, its a 54 plate. had the gearbox bearings all done plus new clutch and release bearing. exactly the same sound still happens. sounds like a grinding metalic noise when revving, soon as clutch is applied it goes. Mechanic at work said he thinks it could be the release...
  40. S

Vibration/rattling noise at 3-4k? Drive shaft heat shield

Yer I do like the car just to me personally doesn't sound healthy when revving and the knocking on the front end is driving me insane ... Had everyone look at it and all we can find is a front mount split and o/s front shock needs replacing. The knocking is so loud though right through my feet...
  41. S

I'm not sure to be honest pal about the cam chain noise as I'm new to type rs . It's a fairly loud noticeable humming though just sounds like when you have your window open on the motorway and it hums. Very strange. Sounds like a bag of spanners when revving lol
  42. S

I have all sorts of noises from mine ha, removed inlet cover , exhaust manifold heatshield, drive shaft heat shield , cat heat shield. Still got gearbox grinding sounds from the box when revved in neutral , still got a humming kind of window down on motorway sound when revving around 2-4 k revs...
  43. S

Someone help me please

cheers guys will do
  44. S

RepairAdvice - Handbrake

Hey pal funny enough I was just adjusting my handbrake lol I'm from leyland pal and always go to Steve at Grinspeed he's the dogs. Just off golden hill lane where the chinese is on the corner turn right there :)
  45. S

Someone help me please

Yes I'm never going to track the car just purely road use, I just can't seem to find any websites that will sell the standard shocks without a ridiculous price tag
  46. S

Someone help me please

Well I can get meister r coils from Grinspeed for around 650 so for struts and springs wouldn't wanna spend more than say 400ish I heard I could get kyb standard struts from eBay but there are all like 200 quid for one! Any websites for suspension would be very appreciated cheers
  47. S

Someone help me please

Cheers pal, yes I think I did buy a dog although Steve said it was one of the better ones he's worked on .. I'll put the box sound to being normal then as said its basically a reconned box and all is well inside the box. I may try replacing the drop links again then aswell as new arb bushes...
  48. S

Someone help me please

I fit both new drop links about 2 weeks ago. And all the heat shields are removed. Getting fed up now ha
  49. S

Someone help me please

Hey guys, well after owning my ep3 facelift for 2 months now it has been nothing but trouble. Had my gearbox bearings done along with a new exedy clutch. Now where I need help with a few things..... I had the box done as the input shaft bearing was noisy as hell when engine braking mainly in...
  50. S

slight knocking/tapping

i have a slight knocking sound from what sounds like the bottom of the engine when warm after a good run, literally only very slight...this is my first honda so dont know if this is normal or not.
  51. S

Brake Disks very hot

mine was doing this last week after fitting new disks and pads on the front....i could feel them sticking on. took the pads out and filed a little bit off the side of the pads as they were tight into the carrier...been fine ever since.
  52. S

not having much luck

could someone please help now more trouble i think lol... well having the input shaft main bearing diagnosed i can hear another noise this time when the clutch is depressed and i rev up to about 2k+ i can hear a slight saught of wind noise humming...release the clutch and the noise goes away and...
  53. S

not having much luck

thats what i thought but im so skint atm what with getting bits for the car and florida to pay for by july...was going to just wait but have to decide.
  54. S

brake pedal click?

Anyone have a click sound when you press the brake pedal? it happens everytime i press it and as soon as you first start at the top of the travel.....removed the stop light switch and the click is still their....?
  55. S

not having much luck

well now im going to take my car to steve at grinspeed...i dont trust the garage where i bought it to do the work so he is giving me some money to put towards the cost....he says as his mechaic is cheaper hourly rate he will only give me what he would pay. seems fair...going to get all the...
  56. S

not having much luck

update on this the guy i bought it from said he will warranty the gearbox bearing and yes the rust is pnly surface rust going to clean it all off and wax oil the underside....just fit my typhoon induction and i know they are probably the worst kit for the ep3 but omg the noise it makes in...
  57. S

not having much luck

im stuck on what to do now guys.... the whole underside is surface rusted but this is not affecting the car i dont think in any way apart from cosmetic....or am i wrong?
  58. S

not having much luck

cheers guys, the cars on finance so cant really give it back....the rust is just surface rust on the underside. no rust on the sills or anywhere on the exterior of the bodywork.. as for the input shaft bearing he said he would speak to his mechanic monday and give me a call back...if he does it...
  59. S

not having much luck

bought it from a garage in wigan near to my gfs house.....i mean its only a few niggles but its annoying... is the input shaft bearing common? and i dont know if its worth doing all the bearings plus a clutch when i get it done.
  60. S

not having much luck

well having taken the plunge and got shut of my 09 swift to the 54 ep3 im not having much luck... had it checked out by grinspeed in leyland just round the corner from my house and he gave a pritty big list. front n/s drop link hanging off not even attached.... the complete underside of the car...
  61. S

My Milano EP3 :)

im new to all this ep3 stuff as ive only had the car a week lol first honda! has the ep3 got just the one cat just after the manifold?...so cat back is the full length of the car really... got loads of rattles from mine sounds like heatshields and rattling other things lol
  62. S

My Milano EP3 :)

looks awesome pal...what exhaust is on it? just a back box? looking for one for my milano
  63. S

new ep3 owners few niggles

anyone? heard there are problems with heatshields rattling..maybe this is the noise just sounded like gearbox rattling just in first and seconds slowing down at around 2-3k revs cheers
  64. S

new ep3 owners few niggles

well having had the car a day now just wanting to check a few things.......at 60k with full service history shouldnt be too many problems but... there is no crunching at all in any gear when cold or hot they are very precise and tight...no noises when engaging and disengaging the clutch. only...
Back