• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. R

Washing without a hosepipe

Oh right... what is that thing, it looks just like a pump-up weed sprayer - is that what it is? Surely you would need a few visits to the tap to do a whole car?
  2. R

Washing without a hosepipe

I don't have a hosepipe ban, but I've just moved to a flat, and there's no way of getting a hose near the car! I know I could just walk up and down with 5 or 6 buckets of water, but are there any other clever ways of washing the car properly? Any special devices that make the water go further...
  3. R

Would you trust the local Nationwide/Kwik Fit etc. with changing pads?

That's what I thought mate, thanks. I would do it myself as a learning process but I'm far too busy for the next few weeks and I really want it sorted.
  4. R

Would you trust the local Nationwide/Kwik Fit etc. with changing pads?

My front pads are well overdue, and I think they're sticking a bit too, so the calipers need a clean too. I've never taken brakes to bits, and I'm not about to start now. Is it straightforward enough that you would let local brakes/tyre centre people do it, or should I head to Honda / a...
  5. R

Do an oil change.

:D Wise words indeed. I was doing a change on the gf's Puma the other week, and completely missed the pan. BIG stain on the garage floor now. The ramps I have only just cleared her car - I had to jack it up and then shove the ramps in under the wheels one-by-one before I drove it up...
  6. R

Do an oil change.

Anyone know where I can get some ramps that won't foul the front skirt?
  7. R

Spoon N1

I do fancy a b-pipe for the gains, but posts like that make me think again :/
  8. R

Blocked Washers

Yeah, it's on a CTR. It does look like a right mess around to get to it from what I can see :(
  9. R

Blocked Washers

Yeah, but what about MY problem? You know, the post that resurrected the thread!
  10. R

Blocked Washers

I've got a similar problem - can hear the pump going but water is only dribbling out. I took the feed from the pump off at the Y splitter, and it's hardly coming out with any force, so presumably the problem is either further down the line or at the pump. How do I get at it? It looks like...
  11. R

Spoon N1

I picked one up on Saturday too - with a £100 off cheque for the slot car racing it seemed rude not to! Is it just me or is it louder today than it was on Saturday? :)
  12. R

Pirelli's P1

I was thinking more from a safety point of view rather than a cornering speed one, but ok.
  13. R

Pirelli's P1

I would have thought it was more fundamental than that: If you're braking hard in wet weather, low tread on the front will increase your stopping distance. This should surely be everyone's first priority.
  14. R

Why 215/40 not 215/45? Also Toyos Pzero or Parada in the WET

Right, I've done a bit of searching but the stupid phpBB search tool falls over with 215/40 etc. even if it's put in quotes. From the tyre size calculator here: http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk/TyreCalc.asp it says that 215/45 are 1.5% larger than stock, and 215/40 are 2% smaller than...
  15. R

CTR Wheels what size?

NEGATRON OEM tyres are 205/45/17
  16. R

Pirelli's P1

I'm also about to put something non-Bridgestone on; I thought that the Paradas were a bit crap in the wet? Consensus of opinion seemed to be that Toyo T1-R or P Zero Nero were the best all-round? No?
  17. R

My NHB ;-)

Yeah, I've got the detailer for after I've waxed with NXT, but I'm only using the clearcoat body scrub between wash and wax. This bar thing sounds like such hard work. Everyone talks about it being a 4-5 hour job. I'd go crazy! Anyone wanna come over and help me with it?
  18. R

My NHB ;-)

Damnit. I knew you were going to say the clay bar. I really want to get one and use it but I can't be aaaaaaaaarsed! :)
  19. R

My NHB ;-)

Alright you two, enough flirt whoring. What's your cleaning regime Assimilate? It's kept a really good shine.
  20. R

Mugen Grille

Make that somebody who can do two :)
  21. R

Painting your calipers...

How much for someone to do it for me? :D
  22. R

Attaching an Amp to the rear seats

Yeah, easy as that. HOWEVER If you're fitting a long amp (like I did with my DRS), don't forget that you have to worry about the top clearance for the parcel shelf. MORE IMPORTANTLY the bottom clearance for when the seat is in place. I got really lucky - the top edge of the heatsink is...
Back