• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

My new wheel and tyre combo were catching the rear arch, I stiffed up the back and raised it slightly but on hard cornering it was still catching. So I ordered an arch roller and crossed my fingers. It went well with no cracks to the paint and minimal actual flare to the arches. I...
  2. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

I moved the alarm siren this afternoon, it was previously in the bay on show and looked out of place. It had to stay passenger side as the bonnet sensor is in the same loom and is next to the light, although the washer bottle was in the way. After trying it in a few places and test...
  3. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

Got the camera out after work this morning. Soo happy with how it's looking now! Although you can see in the last picture that the tyres are catching the rear arches so I haven't been able to drive it hard yet. I've ordered an arch roller and they should be sorted before Japfest hopefully!
  4. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

Headed down to Mimms Honda Day this weekend, had a great time and looking forward to Japfest next month. I met up with a few guys on the way and Sean took a few convoy pictures. These arrived Monday, take a guess what's inside.. They're finally here, I'll get the tyres mounted the weekend.
  5. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

Picked up a set of Federal 595 RS-R the weekend, I had a pair of Bridgestone RE002 spare but the Federal's are specified trackday tyre so went for them instead. Even though it has no PS or Air Con it had the larger crank pulley so I picked up a N1 pulley and slightly smaller belt. I set...
  6. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

Thanks :) Waiting for parts meant boredom modifications, so out came the interior. Some of the alarm wires were hidden loose behind the plastics so they have been tided up.
  7. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

I started having trouble with the Civic not cranking when it had been sitting for a few days. The alternator was charging OK and I couldn't find anything causing the battery to drain so I ordered a new Odyssey PC680 and some cable for new earths. Fitted in the original place, I may move it...
  8. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

Cheers. Only genuine parts for my baby. :D I've just signed up to Twitter & Instagram, follow to get updates first. @MTSGarage
  9. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

I won them. :) Should be here in a few weeks. 15" 5x114 6.5J et39.
  10. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

With the nice weather today I gave it a clean and found a place to take some pictures. A picture of the Recaro fitted too. I'm bidding on a set of wheels on Yahoo Auctions so I'll let you know if I win!
  11. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

The gearbox oil hadn't been changed for a while so this afternoon I put in some fresh MTF. Before I could get to anything, the undertray the last owner made had to be taken off. It was an absolute pig to get off and ended up having to take the manifold off as it was bolted to the brace at...
  12. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

Thanks. While I was waiting for the underseal to dry I fitted the front coilovers. I had a guess at the height to set them at and it came out pretty level. I've fixed it this height until I find some wheels. Once it was back together I parked it on the drive and had a flashback.
  13. Stokes

A standard EP3.

Perfect example of less is more!
  14. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

Coilovers assembled with the standard pre-load, I'll set the height once they're fitted. The underseal was starting to flake in places so while taking the suspension out I applied some more. I took the backbox and strut off, loosened the camber arms, cleaned and masked off areas where I...
  15. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

Collected the seat rail and springs from powder coat earlier. I didn't sit low enough with the Recaro side mounts so I made my own. Already got the seat fitted an I'll assemble the coilovers tonight.
  16. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

The car came imported with a Billion Variable Fan Controller fitted but had been removed at some stage so today I set about fitting it back. First up I figured out how it was wired up which was pretty tricky as the instructions were in Japanese. Then found a place to mount it and run the...
  17. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

No ABS, power steering, or air con on mine but they can be added.
  18. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

The racebase version is sold without it. Still has things like EK9 speedo.
  19. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

EK9 chassis with EJ9 interior (Dark Grey) EK4 have a black trim. Fabricated the rail for the Recaro today, really happy with how it came out. First up I made the two side strips. They had to be as wide as they were due to the lip on the side mounts. Once the side pieces were made and tacked...
  20. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

:) That's just a little too far back. I got hold of some MeisterR SuperRace coilovers, spring rates are 16k up front and 12k rear. I cleaned them up, copper greased the threads and sent the springs off for shot blast and powdercoat.
  21. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

It's a nice noise in VTEC but for not much extra I can get something custom made up that will flow better. Picked up a Recaro a few weeks ago and sourced some side mounts. Being 6"7 I'll be making my own fixed rail to mount the seat to, I'll upload pictures as I fabricate it.
  22. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

Yeah buddy, a friend lives just over the bridge near the school. I picked up a new backbox a few weeks ago, a Spoon Street. Gave it a polish and fitted it today. A little louder than stock and looks nicer but I'm going to pull it off I think and go for something custom.
  23. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

I've had it weighed at a local weight bridge to get a figure before anything changes. 1/2 tank of fuel with full interior (spare, jack ect.) 1050kg.
  24. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

The steelies will be off once I find a nice set of wheels. Its the same interior as a EJ9, 1.4 EK. It was cheaper to produce with the crappy interior.
  25. Stokes

MTS Garage Racebase EK9

Hi. :) Here are a few pictures of my Racebase EK9 I picked up from just after Christmas. It's almost original at the minute but I'm beginning to collect parts so have started a build to keep track of my progress and give you something to read. The EK9 will be a demo car for MTS Garage so...
  26. Stokes

Is there too much oil in? Is it Damaging? See Picture **

Are you checking the oil while the engine is cool?
  27. Stokes

DC2 DB8 DC5 Nice DC2 - '99V' - Up/downgrade from EP3?

I wouldn't go for a UK one due to the rust issues, for an import your not going to be getting any money back as they fetch around the same as an EP3.
Back