• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Nice DC2 - '99V' - Up/downgrade from EP3?

JMR

TRO Supporter
Have my eye on one of these. :cool:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3589329.htm

Anyone know of the history of this one - looks nice and is not too far away from me.
Contemplating selling the '05 EP3 and getting this, putting the cash I have left in the bank.

Opinions? What to look out for?

Seems to have a concise history. Shame its not got A/C, but its going to be a weekend/dry weather car again. :)

I would be wanting to know the condition of the rear arches of it.

It will drive better than the EP3 and feel more alive, but it will feel a lot more raw.

JMR, I would not bother going down this route, mint DC2's are few and far between. The ride is a lot more harsh in them too.. the only reason I would look at one these days is if it were going to be a track toy, as a daily I would not dream of one.

Great cars, but personally unless you're 100% a fan of stripped down motoring, it'll annoy you as a daily.

However, as a weekend car or if you have something else to drive less harsh, they are excellent fun.

JMR, I would not bother going down this route, mint DC2's are few and far between. The ride is a lot more harsh in them too.. the only reason I would look at one these days is if it were going to be a track toy, as a daily I would not dream of one.

Great cars, but personally unless you're 100% a fan of stripped down motoring, it'll annoy you as a daily.

However, as a weekend car or if you have something else to drive less harsh, they are excellent fun.

The car will be a weekend car :D

Thing is my EP3 is so damned good that it would be hard to get rid of, and I'd only have £1500 or less going back in the bank. Any rust probs on the ITR would eat into that fast.

....and I dont have any issues with the Civic.

Torn. :confused:

Will have to look at mods then.

U/S B-pipe to start. Will probably make my own. :)
Wonder if anyone on here has a Milano red CTR they want to swap. :lol:

Had mine 4yrs and I think I'm just ready for a change.

I went from a Jdm 96spec DC2 to a 2005 uk spec 296hp Jrsc ep3 and even with all the extra power I still miss my dc2 badly was so much better to drive!

JMR, I went from a 53 plate CTR to a V plate ukdm DC2 and would not go back. BUT, although this is my daily runner, I generally use the train AND my wife hates being a passenger in it.

The DC2 is a far better drive, but you have to offset that against having any fillings that you might have shaken out of your teeth, and occasionally not being able to hold a conversation.

Just my thoughts and experience.

James.

Nice thread. I have also looked at DC2's to replace my EP3 for a while now...
I feel the EP3 is a little too refined for me persoanlly and I would much prefer a more 'raw' car, even on a daily basis.

Like people have said, clean/mint DC2's are now few and far between and I think that by the time I have found one suitable enough for a daily runner, I may just have enough saved to go down the DC5 route instead...

I love my EP3 though, always puts a smile on my face whenever I want it to.

I wouldn't go for a UK one due to the rust issues, for an import your not going to be getting any money back as they fetch around the same as an EP3.

Back