• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Dave-R

OEM Wheel colour? Where to get hold of it?

Hello All, Ive just bought some Evo 8 Enkei's and I want to spray them in the standard silver colour that is on the facelift EP3, does anyone know the name of the colour and more importantly where I can get some rattle cans of it? I have heard that its called sparkle silver metallic but I cant...
  2. Dave-R

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

I suppose josh is right as you need to maintain a certain degree of back pressure if I'm correct
  3. Dave-R

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Cool! I am by no means an expert on this sort of thing but it seems logical :)
  4. Dave-R

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

I think good gains in exhausts are down to the bore of the tubes and the quality/smoothness of the bends! So I suppose with a custom one it's only going to be as good as the guy making it? I haven't heard much about long life exhausts, good or bad...
  5. Dave-R

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Nice!! So that's with scorpion back box also yea?
  6. Dave-R

Lca fitting question - star shaped bolts

Yea thanks mate that's great my mechanic contacted me earlier and told me that's what I need! Can't find one locally *** :( need to go in search of one tomorrow!
  7. Dave-R

Any idea what size, name/type/ shape the socket is? So I know what to search for?
  8. Dave-R

Hello all, my friend is in the middle of fitting lots of suspension bits for me and we are in need of the star shaped socket to take off and replace the rear lower control arms. He had one that he thought might fit but apparently it is the socket for the earlier shaped ep3's Does anyone know...
  9. Dave-R

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Good luck mate! Would love to see a quick vid when you've bought it and its fitted!
  10. Dave-R

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

You can hear it burble yes but with your scorpion on I think it will burble a lot louder! And Pete I've head that its very very loud lol
  11. Dave-R

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Very much so, sounds just the one in the video posted above and even nicer when actually driving, paired with injen cai it's rather intrusive when you put your foot down to say the least. Thing I like the most about it (which I hope will still be the case when I have put my scorpion back box on)...
  12. Dave-R

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Sounds incredibly with just the b-pipe, just brilliant! But I'm not entirely happy with the standard look! It's not the oval, I'm not overly keen on the ovals it is the jap can style one!
  13. Dave-R

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Lol I didn't fit mine either! Haha yea I've got one with standard rear box but when the weather cheers up I'm putting my scorpion box on... Hope it's not too loud :/ mainly putting it on because I like the look of it more than fir the sound aspect.
  14. Dave-R

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Your the first person I have heard say that so far, yes they fit but the welds protrude the bolt holes and make it fiddley
  15. Dave-R

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

*vasey. Bleedy auto correct lol
  16. Dave-R

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

It's going to be a nightmare vases :p the sportex b pipes are good but a pain in the ass to get on! Did you say you had a scorpion back box? Any change of a vid once you've got yours on?
  17. Dave-R

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

I think 95% of all after market rear boxes are going to be silly loud with an unsilenced centre! I'm not to keen on the look of those rear boxes tbh
  18. Dave-R

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

I've got the jap/tuner style scorpion back box ready to go onto my b-pipe just haven't got around to it yet with all the cold weather! I was giving it some thought About how noisey it will be and I can't imagine it will be too bad (although it will be loud) because scorpion already sell an...
  19. Dave-R

FRSU fitting questions and beaks tie bar queries

I've heard most people say tie bars are just for bling but I've heard one or two say they can feel the difference! Probably just a placebo!
  20. Dave-R

FRSU fitting questions and beaks tie bar queries

My mechanic has asked me to find out a few things before he fits my suspension bits for me if you guys would be so kind as to advise? Right, I've looked around and have found split opinions on if you need longer bolts to fit a beaks lower tie bar? My mechanic has had a look and doesn't think...
  21. Dave-R

Do I need any extra bits to fit all this stuff?

Brilliant thanks! That's how ill fit them then! :)
  22. Dave-R

Ahh brilliant! So the rubber ends of the springs signify the top of the springs yes?
  23. Dave-R

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Tis a pain to fit isn't it! Would be super loud with a spoon rep I would imagine! (If the spoon rep is half as loud as the original)
  24. Dave-R

Hi all, I'm going lower on abp springs soon with all the extras shown in the pic above! My mechanic had asked if I need any extra bits like longer bolts for the tie bar etc? Also I've heard that sometimes people have their springs knocking after fitting because they haven't fitted the foam bits...
  25. Dave-R

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Not sure on part numbers I just measured the pipe bore rear box end in mm and ordered a doughnut gasket but on the cat end it was some sort of weird ring gasket... That took me a little while to find running around motor factors! Oh I replaced the studs too!
  26. Dave-R

Can you machine wash your front seat covers?

Just seen it....and wow what a mission to remove.... I don't think I will bother to be perfectly honest... It looks like a LOT of hassle!
  27. Dave-R

Can you machine wash your front seat covers?

Hello all, to start with Im no stranger to car valeting/cleaning as I previously worked as a car valeter across 4 dealerships for 5 years and could probably quite easily ask a friend still in the industry to borrow a wet-vax, however I was wondering if (because the seat covers appear to be...
  28. Dave-R

Most important parts to Poly Bush?

Wouldn't like to think how much that cost bet it was like £300 for kit? How lich/ long was the labor?
  29. Dave-R

Unusual Aux belt activity?

Very true :/ Maybe ill just replace the whole lot soon! I think its due at 80k anyway!
  30. Dave-R

I'm friends with a mechanic at my local Honda dealer and prices aren't really a problem, the only real problem will be figuring out what it is so I can tell him directly and not asking him to snoop around for me as he does a lot for me rather cheap and I don't wanna annoy him or waste his time lol
  31. Dave-R

I don't think the belt has been changed from new its on the 05 plate and im on 76k miles, I take it that it is probably due soon no? How often are they meant to get changed and is it a long costy process?
  32. Dave-R

Hey all anyone experienced this before? There is a squeak coming from the aux belt which can be heard from inside the car, it isn't really affected by revving the engine however changes very slightly. I was told to squirt some WD40 on the top of the belt With one tiny tiny squirt the squeak is...
  33. Dave-R

Ah brilliant that sounds useful! looking at the full poly bush kit there appears to be hundreds of bushes! I cant begin to imagine the stress of fitting one let alone that many? But yea thanks I shall look these up now!
  34. Dave-R

Hello all, some advice would be great if anyone knows anything about this. I've nearly got all my bits together to lower my car on ABP springs with D2 lca's and get a FRSU done however I am also keen on the idea of Poly Bushing a few bits. I'm working on a budget and cant really afford a full...
  35. Dave-R

Can you fit a Beaks/Tegiwa rear tie bar without an aftermarket arb & arb brace?

Im lowering my car soon with a FRSU on some ABP springs and thought that while its in the getting that done i may as well chuck some other bits on it at the same time. However im not made of money and have spotted that the "Progress" ARB and arb brace is silly money like nearly 300 notes...
  36. Dave-R

ABP Eibach vs Eibach pro kit.. pics

Andr3w I dont suppose you could tell me if the ABP springs you put on yours were the old ones or the new ones? As i think i read somewhrere that ABP changed their springs from a 35mm drop to a 30mm? Am i correct or have I just been seeing things again?
  37. Dave-R

How much lower is a 05 onwards than the 54 backwards?

oh really? i wasnt aware. I could swear the were different hights? :/ ok then so for example if i bought 30mm springs it would lower an 02 plate and an 05 plate both by 30mm reguardless if its facelift or not... hmm thats handy to know, thanks!
  38. Dave-R

How much lower is a 05 onwards than the 54 backwards?

I'm looking at getting some springs (probably abp) and have been doing some measuring but I don't know wether its going to be 30mm lower than the 02-54 plate or the 05 onwards as I heard somewhere that the 05 onwards was already 15mm lower as standard? Can someone confirm or deny this? I just...
  39. Dave-R

Type R EP3 Lowering Spring Ride Height (Pictures)

Ah... Website - 1 My reading skills - 0
  40. Dave-R

It says it fits (pre facelift) on the funky power site! I have an 05... :( will the sportlines still fit?
  41. Dave-R

That's exactly what I want! What are they called & where do I get them! Any problems with speed bumps on your exhaust?
  42. Dave-R

See that doesn't look too bad! Tastefully low, or is it just the lighting? Would love too see one in propper light!
  43. Dave-R

Are those 30mm springs? :o i thought 30mm was meant to be quite low, but that still looks like a 4x4 :(
  44. Dave-R

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Mine hangs even lower I think and has scraped a few times also but the way I see it is its cheap enough to warrant having your fun with it and replacing it once its dead! I'm even going for some 35 mm springs soon so mine will die in half the time lol
  45. Dave-R

Apex Springs any good on a EP3 type r?

Bit bouncy? Meaning stiffer? Or looser? I want some too I love the stance on yours but if they are pants & comprise the ride I think I will avoid!
  46. Dave-R

INJEN cai help needed! replacement parts? (pics included)

No? No one know where I can get replacement bits? :(
  47. Dave-R

INJEN cai help needed! replacement parts? (pics included)

Just bought a used INJEN cai from ebay for a good price, but its in a bit of a tatty state. Ive attatched some pics below. As you can see the rubber connecter bit has been cut... Dont quite know why but it doesnt sit flush anymore it slides inside as opposed to going around the outside. Also...
  48. Dave-R

Oiled filters?

Cool thanks! Is there a fitting guide for the injen/aem Cai anywhere? Gonna give it a go soon but don't wanna go in blind or have to cut my arch liner!
  49. Dave-R

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Yep ive just recently fitted a sportex mid pipe too! sounds incredible just how it should have sounded from the factory! but again was a pain to fit! same problem with the welds around the flange! plus there was an O-ring gasket right inside the cat end which i hadnt planned for! it mangled up...
  50. Dave-R

Oiled filters?

So oiled is fine then yeah? ive just ordered a used INJEN cai and was gonna buy some oil to service it before i put it on! anyone know what type and where to buy some oil?
  51. Dave-R

AEM CAI V1 Question

Hi sorry for the thread hijack but I though I would drop in a question I have about the Cai too! What is the difference between the 2.5" pipe and the 3" pipe? Is the 3" better? And is it hard to get hold of? Want to buy one soon but need to know where and what to buy? Thanks and sorry again for...
  52. Dave-R

Good budget exhaust set up?

How is this done then Jon? I have the same issue haha
  53. Dave-R

Haha, glad to hear! Just picked mine up off eBay in the end like £74 delivered! Gonna get hold of some gaskets & stuff soon and hopefully have it up and running by next weekend! Exciting stuff!
  54. Dave-R

Cool you enjoying it then? I've just ordered mine today! Hope its alright, I'm a bit worried that its gonna sound too chavvy but its too late now its in the post :P
  55. Dave-R

ahh cool! really interested to see the vid! was it an easy fit? ive heard that its a pig to fit and that the flange are welded a bit wonkey!? what other bits did you need also? what bolts, springs and gaskets? :)
  56. Dave-R

My budget audio upgrade

Yea 13s because I couldn't get any straight answers about basket size and mounting depth safeness and didn't want it to foul the window or have to chop metal out of the door so I played it safe and tbh sounds really good for the money I spent! I've just ordered up some 17cm pioneers for the...
  57. Dave-R

My budget audio upgrade

EBay mate! Just the auto leads ones! Super simple just how I like it :P
  58. Dave-R

Thanks jimbo! Desperate to hear it! :P
  59. Dave-R

Ahh would love to hear what you think once its on! And would love to see a drive by & static video if you get time to make one? :) are all your other exhaust bits OEM?
  60. Dave-R

My budget audio upgrade

76270-S5T- A01ZA and 76220-S5T- A01ZA Direct from Honda! Not sure in that last section if its a zero or an o, so try both... Zero first :)
  61. Dave-R

My budget audio upgrade

Was wondering that, was gonna fork out another £40 on some rears but don't know if I will bother now! And I'm pretty sure I do have the part number in a bag in back back of me car muzlaar! :P ill fish it out for you when I get to work!
  62. Dave-R

Ahh ash already beat me to that, didn't see the 5th page :p do you know if those sportex pipes match up to the r8byb ones? As £80 vs £160 is quite a difference!
  63. Dave-R

I've found the genuine r8byb ones (new, just put your name on a waiting list) in the for sale section on the ctro forum! £160 posted! Or if you tap into eBay "sportex civic type r exhaust" it comes up with the same pipe but in mild steel for half the price... I'm wondering if both sound the same...
  64. Dave-R

My budget audio upgrade

Cool! I didn't want the hassle of all that! Sounds ace as it is at the mo and haven't spent a penny of real money yet! Still spending paypal balance from the bits I sold from my 182 :P
  65. Dave-R

My budget audio upgrade

Hi all! first project thread so be kind :) As we all know the stereo in the ep3's are pants so something had to be done as who doesn'nt love their car audio? Tbh i honestly expected better from Honda as my previous car (Clio 182) the audio was really quite good for standard apart from the lack...
  66. Dave-R

So do the SS ones sound the same as r8byb's? And how much does he charge? As I've read there's a long wait time but that's cool!
  67. Dave-R

Wow love the sound of that second vid! So that second vid was just unsilenced b pipe only? Sounded incredible! Will look forward to seeing your next comparison video!
  68. Dave-R

Hello...! I do like the sound of that! Don't suppose you have a vid of a fly by? What brand b pipe have you got? Might give that a go then I can leave the standard back box on to avoid being called a Chav/boy racer! Lol any more vids/suggestions welcome ***! :)
  69. Dave-R

How much do the dc sports systems show up for then? I've heard good things! I'm struggling to find any used bargains for the type r... Where do you guys shop around too? Been watching eBay for a used aem Cai for about a month now but just can't find anything worth picking up for a good deal!
  70. Dave-R

:/ hmm good point! Damn why do all the things I want have to be so expensive! Gonna have to put more thought into this!
  71. Dave-R

Ooo Im interested! Wasn't aware mugen made an exhaust ill have to look it up! I've spotted a replica of the spoon N1 exhaust on eBay for only £200! With a 2 and a half inch bore all the way through? Any thoughts? £200 is a bargain for any type of exhaust no?
  72. Dave-R

Lol not prepared to part with 700 notes! I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled and scour eBay for something that takes my fancy and then report back to the experts (you guys) and ask your opinions on note, build quality & gains :P
  73. Dave-R

Ok well its either that I want or a cat back system, silenced centre and a sensible looking back box, the 5" that 4kas suggested is a bit ott for me! Don't want anything too loud as I don't want it irritating me on the motorway or when I'm not in the mood bit do want something louder than standard!
  74. Dave-R

Would I gain any advantage by replacing just the centre section with a larger bore non-res centre section and kept the original backbox to retain the OEM looks?
  75. Dave-R

Point taken! Think ill avoid the decat! Anyone heard and good about the scorpion cat backs? There's tons of them all over eBay!
  76. Dave-R

speaker adapter/sizes?

What about mounting depth in behind the speaker? How much clearance do you have? I'm looking at some rear coax's with a 45mm mounting depth... Sound ok?
  77. Dave-R

Don't like the look of the oval tips think they look chavvy! It would have to be oem looking or a big jap can look! So you think a de-cat would be pointless and not show much gain? Don't wanna go fussing around with a manifold just as yet! Do de-cats produce any engine management problems?
  78. Dave-R

I've heard about people using different B-pipe applications with standard or different back boxes? I'm after a better exhaust tone and maybe a little bit of a gain? Don't really wanna spend more than 400 on the lot? I've found a magnex cat back on eBay for 400 notes and from experience I like...
  79. Dave-R

How the hell do you get the interior plastic side trims off to run cables down? :/

ah.... silly me.... it looked like where the side bit met the rear bit it splits in to two pieces. but maybe your right :/
  80. Dave-R

How the hell do you get the interior plastic side trims off to run cables down? :/

think i just need more time and cigerettes then... tried to rush it after work, never been a problem in any of my previous cars easy in easy out :/ bleedy civic
  81. Dave-R

After an angerous rage at fitting my new head unit I thought it would be plain sailing but im now met with a second angerous rage at trying to get the side plastic trims off to hide the cables. First corner closest to the dash is easy however the bit that runs along the seat i can only get out...
  82. Dave-R

Did ep3s come with tweeters?

Alpine type g yea? Looks awsome! I'm looking at them too did the tweeters just fit straight in? And how hard was it figuring out the mounting depths on the doors cos they are quite chunky speakers and there ain't a lot of room in the door there :/
  83. Dave-R

Ooo I would be intrigued to see a pic if you have one!
  84. Dave-R

Piller tweeter part number direct from honda are: 76220-S5T-A01ZA and 76270-S5T-A01ZA thats for right and left!cost me about 12 quid for the pair but still cant find any tweeters to fit into them! lol
  85. Dave-R

I'm after new door speakers without all the hassle of cutting & drilling... help :/

Ok so with the 6.5" comps they have a 64mm mounting depth ... And the 5'25" comps have 42mm which would be less hassel to fit? Plus I don't want to have them amplified as that would mean running cable all the way down the car and trough the doors. I'm mainly just looking for an easy fix to get a...
  86. Dave-R

I'm after new door speakers without all the hassle of cutting & drilling... help :/

Ahh cool thanks guys! Do you mean the alpine type g's? Those were the ones I was after! I was thinking maybe on getting the 5'25" ones *** as the mounting depth is less? I don't really want massive power coming out of The front just a bit better quality as I'm going to be putting in a sub & amp...
  87. Dave-R

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone has found any component speakers that fit nicely? I'm after some that can be bought for under £100, can be screwed straight in with one of those autoleads adaptors and still has the clearance for the window etc and have tweeters that fit nicely into the OE...
Back