• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Dave-R

OEM Wheel colour? Where to get hold of it?

Hello All, Ive just bought some Evo 8 Enkei's and I want to spray them in the standard silver colour that is on the facelift EP3, does anyone know the name of the colour and more importantly where I can get some rattle cans of it? I have heard that its called sparkle silver metallic but I cant...
  2. Dave-R

Lca fitting question - star shaped bolts

Hello all, my friend is in the middle of fitting lots of suspension bits for me and we are in need of the star shaped socket to take off and replace the rear lower control arms. He had one that he thought might fit but apparently it is the socket for the earlier shaped ep3's Does anyone know...
  3. Dave-R

FRSU fitting questions and beaks tie bar queries

My mechanic has asked me to find out a few things before he fits my suspension bits for me if you guys would be so kind as to advise? Right, I've looked around and have found split opinions on if you need longer bolts to fit a beaks lower tie bar? My mechanic has had a look and doesn't think...
  4. Dave-R

Do I need any extra bits to fit all this stuff?

Hi all, I'm going lower on abp springs soon with all the extras shown in the pic above! My mechanic had asked if I need any extra bits like longer bolts for the tie bar etc? Also I've heard that sometimes people have their springs knocking after fitting because they haven't fitted the foam bits...
  5. Dave-R

Can you machine wash your front seat covers?

Hello all, to start with Im no stranger to car valeting/cleaning as I previously worked as a car valeter across 4 dealerships for 5 years and could probably quite easily ask a friend still in the industry to borrow a wet-vax, however I was wondering if (because the seat covers appear to be...
  6. Dave-R

Unusual Aux belt activity?

Hey all anyone experienced this before? There is a squeak coming from the aux belt which can be heard from inside the car, it isn't really affected by revving the engine however changes very slightly. I was told to squirt some WD40 on the top of the belt With one tiny tiny squirt the squeak is...
  7. Dave-R

Most important parts to Poly Bush?

Hello all, some advice would be great if anyone knows anything about this. I've nearly got all my bits together to lower my car on ABP springs with D2 lca's and get a FRSU done however I am also keen on the idea of Poly Bushing a few bits. I'm working on a budget and cant really afford a full...
  8. Dave-R

Can you fit a Beaks/Tegiwa rear tie bar without an aftermarket arb & arb brace?

Im lowering my car soon with a FRSU on some ABP springs and thought that while its in the getting that done i may as well chuck some other bits on it at the same time. However im not made of money and have spotted that the "Progress" ARB and arb brace is silly money like nearly 300 notes...
  9. Dave-R

How much lower is a 05 onwards than the 54 backwards?

I'm looking at getting some springs (probably abp) and have been doing some measuring but I don't know wether its going to be 30mm lower than the 02-54 plate or the 05 onwards as I heard somewhere that the 05 onwards was already 15mm lower as standard? Can someone confirm or deny this? I just...
  10. Dave-R

INJEN cai help needed! replacement parts? (pics included)

Just bought a used INJEN cai from ebay for a good price, but its in a bit of a tatty state. Ive attatched some pics below. As you can see the rubber connecter bit has been cut... Dont quite know why but it doesnt sit flush anymore it slides inside as opposed to going around the outside. Also...
  11. Dave-R

My budget audio upgrade

Hi all! first project thread so be kind :) As we all know the stereo in the ep3's are pants so something had to be done as who doesn'nt love their car audio? Tbh i honestly expected better from Honda as my previous car (Clio 182) the audio was really quite good for standard apart from the lack...
  12. Dave-R

Good budget exhaust set up?

I've heard about people using different B-pipe applications with standard or different back boxes? I'm after a better exhaust tone and maybe a little bit of a gain? Don't really wanna spend more than 400 on the lot? I've found a magnex cat back on eBay for 400 notes and from experience I like...
  13. Dave-R

How the hell do you get the interior plastic side trims off to run cables down? :/

After an angerous rage at fitting my new head unit I thought it would be plain sailing but im now met with a second angerous rage at trying to get the side plastic trims off to hide the cables. First corner closest to the dash is easy however the bit that runs along the seat i can only get out...
  14. Dave-R

I'm after new door speakers without all the hassle of cutting & drilling... help :/

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone has found any component speakers that fit nicely? I'm after some that can be bought for under £100, can be screwed straight in with one of those autoleads adaptors and still has the clearance for the window etc and have tweeters that fit nicely into the OE...
Back