• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Jujitsuwarrior

SRS light back on

I had an MOT and had the passenger airbag light cleared by a garage performing a diagnostic and cleaning the wires.Diagnostic cost 50 quid which is ridiculous before the work. I have bough t my own diagnostic off ebay. How can I clean the wires and reset the code without causing damage to other...
  2. Jujitsuwarrior

Headlamp bulb replacement

Thanks for the advice. I managed to get the spring back on eventually. You would think Honda would have invented an easier way to remove and fit them. Let there be light!
  3. Jujitsuwarrior

Airbag light back on dash

I took my car for an MOT with the airbag light on. The mechanic told me OT was a problem with the passenger airbag and that he managed to clean the connections and the light went our solving the problem. Two weeks later the light appeared on the dash yet again. Can I clear it with a diagnostic...
  4. Jujitsuwarrior

Headlamp bulb replacement

I was replacing the bulb on the headlight and the spring to keep it on has come off. Can someone tell me where it is supposed to attach to on the headlamp unit as it is awkward to get at. Thanks
  5. Jujitsuwarrior

Type R whining noise in idle

Timing chain on the way out! Due to snap! Either stretched or will just break. Sounds like you haven't checked the oil level either!
  6. Jujitsuwarrior

Pistonheads

If theres damage to one piston and it needs changing, is it worth getting a good set and changing them all and getting new valves at the same time? Ive seen a good set of aluminium forged pistons for sale that look good spec. Im getting a new water pump anyway,so if the engine head has to come...
  7. Jujitsuwarrior

Timing bellt has been changed

Good spot! forum members, a major error on my part! No wonder the cars not running if that were the case!
  8. Jujitsuwarrior

Timing bellt has been changed

The timing belt has been changed on my Honda Civic 2005 but the mechanic said he thinks there could be damage to one of the pistons because it is making a creaking sound when being turned manually.He said he put oil down one of the ports where the and the creaking seemed to stop. He doesnt want...
  9. Jujitsuwarrior

My cars still in the garage

My type r 05 plate broke down 3 weeks ago and I still havent had it back. It needs a new chain and tensioner dur to it slipping. His excuse is that he needs a special tool to take a cover off and that the engine will have to be raised so far before the fault can be fixed. I suggested dropping...
  10. Jujitsuwarrior

Car wont start

I have had trouble with my 2005 Honda Civic Type R. The EML light came on and I had a cam sensor change and it went out. Later it came on again and I had the other cam sensor changed. The light still remained on. The mechanic in the garage I went to said it could be the tensioner or chain needed...
Back