• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. GavTypeR

EP3 Changing Mugen pedals back to OEM

My car has got the Mugen pedals on and I really am not a fan! how easy is it to replace these with originals and how hard is it to get hold of them? I can see rubbers on Tegiwa but not sure if this is all that I need? Can anyone help?
  2. GavTypeR

EP3 Info on Brake upgrades

Hi all, Looking to upgrade my brakes but don't want to go mad spending loads of money as the car is only used on weekends. Going back to the EP3 from my much more modern car I just don't feel too confident with the braking power. Would I see a big difference with just different pads...
  3. GavTypeR

I've found my unicorn!

After lots of looking for a decent mileage EP3 Premier edition for a while I was starting to give up until my friend messaged me saying that he had "found a unicorn" for me. He had found this lovely Nighthawk black (Almost) standard example with only 58,000 miles on the clock. I went for a...
  4. GavTypeR

EP3 Premier Edition Seats

Hi all, Got myself a premier edition EP3 this week, now I remember from my old one (Non Premier) that the driver seat only tilted and didn't slide as well but the passenger one did. However in my premier edition the seat tilts but I can't seem to get it to slide at the same time to let...
  5. GavTypeR

EP3 Help with number plate issue please!

Hi all, I've just today picked up my third EP3 Type R, a lovely (almost standard) Black premier edition 2006 with only 59k on the clock! I've got a slight issue, I'm trying to take off the number plates to put my private plate on but it has the Mugen number plate bolts. Now the rears...
  6. GavTypeR

EP3 Airbag issue driving me mad! Sorry if repost but really need help!!

Hi guys, recently bought my second CTR ep3 and it's been great up until now. I had the SRS Airbag light come on last week and managed to reset it using the paperclip method and it disappeared for a week. Unfortunately it has come back on and the paper clip reset doesn't work! My mate has a...
  7. GavTypeR

Strange rattle at aroung 2500-3000 rpm

Evening Chaps Maybe bit of a vague request but if anybody can help I would be happy. My CTR has developed a stronge metallic noise at around the above mentioned RPM range, Its not the heat shield on the drive shaft i've had this off already and had it fixed, its only when the engine is under...
  8. GavTypeR

Handbrake Adjustment

My handbrake in the car needs adjusting, is there an easy way of doing it on the lever, or does it have to be done on the rear brakes themselves??
  9. GavTypeR

Are these any good?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Osram-64150NBP-Night-Breaker-Headlight/dp/B0047N0B0A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360072347&sr=8-1 Need something new for my headlights, heard good things but these seem a bit too cheap? Thoughts?
  10. GavTypeR

Wheel Refurb thoughts and ideas?

I have a Cosmic Grey EP3 with standard wheels on it, and they need a refurb as they are a bit chewed up around the edges and are spoiling the look of the car, now originally I was going to keep them silver as they are now, but I am starting to think about changing the colour slightly. Now I...
  11. GavTypeR

Help with HID's please

I have a 2004 EP3, I want a HID kit for it, are there legal ones out there that fit?? Thanks
  12. GavTypeR

My EP3 Cosmic Grey :) or Cheryl as she is known

Finally got my act together and managed to get some photos up! It's currently on 80k and it straight as a dye both sides! Wheels need doing but apart from that it's in very Good condition! Gav :)
  13. GavTypeR

Gearbox/Clutch Question

I have recently bought my Civic 2004, and have noticed at higher rev's (Vtec) the car is quite difficult to get into 3rd gear from 2nd, and then into 4th, Now I know at higher revs this can sometimes be the case, but it just doesn't feel very smooth When I bought the car the guy I bought it...
  14. GavTypeR

Locking nut problem

Alright guys, Recently bought a CTR EP3, and the locking wheel nut key is missing, now I know they are McGard branded, but a friend of mine seems to think Honda only used a couple of different key combinations? can anybody advise? or is it small socket and mallet job? haha Thanks guys :):lol:
Back