• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. J

Could no find where to post

went to honda after work today, they changed the air con relay and it kicked in. Ice cold :)
  2. J

Could no find where to post

Basicaly i have sent the fn2 to the dreaded mot, 2 x new tyres and a puncture, rocker cover gasket (second time in a year), drivers side shocker, heat sinc replacement, new arch protector, arc lining, lower bumpber and battery. Cost a fortune this time, i was like well all cars break its just...
  3. J

Lsd Question

nice one again sir loxy, missed last year on the ring was gutted. I seen a mugen box and clutch with the diff go for £750 quid on flee bay a while ago. I wanted it but thaght it was to cheap and must have been wrong, just the kit on the car hence the price. Im looking online now for the...
  4. J

Lsd Question

Im realy sorry if this question has been asked as i have searched and not found my answe on the world wide web. I have a 2008 type r gt will the better lsd of the 2009+ bolt straight on in a sence. Basicaly im going nurburgring in summer or i hope to be going this time. i dont fancy pushing the...
  5. J

Fn2 Painted not wrapped

The reason its cheap is my mate works at a delete a dent firm and he does foreigner's at weekend when his boss is not in. I had a fiesta st last a white one and i had the roof mirrors and spoiller done in black wrap. It looked amazing once it was done but i jumped in and just did it. I do agre...
  6. J

HKS Racing Suction Kit

Thank you once again mate. Thats the cheapest one yet at £302.00 most start at £350 and go up to £400. Its strange you helping me here, i watched your video on utube the outher day and made a comment on how you have helped me in the past. Then you reply lol. Ill be getting a exhaust in 3 weeks...
  7. J

Fn2 Painted not wrapped

Hey guys just wanted some advice.Im booking my car in this week for gloss black alloys, black spoiler, black skirts, Black mirrors and black grill and lip round front and reap bumpers. I cant do photoshop and cant do microsoft paint lmao and yes i have tried. Just wanted to know if it will be...
  8. J

HKS Racing Suction Kit

I have been searching for a hour or so now for this induction kit. Does anyone know where the cheapest retailer is where you get club discount. I dont want to jump the gun and buy one and loose out. Thanks
  9. J

Mintex Groved Disks and EBC Yellow Stuff Pads

I must admit hazz there is alot of dust of the pads, but they seem to grip realy once warmed. thanks for the advice pal i will remember the DS2500s pads for next time. What disks do you use for future reference.
  10. J

FK2 FK2 general discussion

The Type R has allways been cheaper so lets hope so. If its arround the 20 k mark i will be defo getting one.
  11. J

FK2 FK2 general discussion

It looks amazing it realy does. My question is price, the FN2 was £18k New and if im right that was not the GT model. This has to be close to £30k with it pushing 280 B.H.P and having a turbo.
  12. J

Second Hand Induction Kits

To be fair i was actualy looking for a k and n appolo or the AEM shortram second hand. I will just keep looking then for a HKS and bite the bullet.
  13. J

The price is £329.95 new and cant find one anywhere second hand. Saying that it would still be £250+ second hand.
  14. J

Whats Better 0-30 Or 5-40

Last year about this time i purchased a major service kit from cox motor parts. The oil supplied was 0-30, i have been reading members saying the fully synthetic 5-40 is better all rounder. I rang honda and they recomended the 0-30 and thats what they use. I must admit the oil has started to...
  15. J

Basicaly im looking for a induction kit for the FN2 Type R, second hand if possible. What should i be looking for in pictures and what kind of questions should i ask. I see alot of posts on the net of people selling these and the new oner getting trouble from the kits. I understand you get what...
  16. J

Mintex Groved Disks and EBC Yellow Stuff Pads

I recently purchased these brake disks and pads. My origional disks and pads where on there last legs. Has anyone one else purchased these ? I think there great once warmed up, which does seem to take a while. Is this normal the breaks having to get to a optimal temprature before they bite...
  17. J

Japspeed FN2 Type R Induction Kit 2006-2010 FITTED!

Did you ever get any pics mate? looking as buying one now this morning and fitting. Seen the power readouts that japspeed have relesed. What was the gains you recieved ? Sorry edited post just rang japspeed and there is a guy in the office who has this one fitted. They tested the induction kit...
  18. J

FN2 fn2 general and tuning questions

My morgage was only £36k lol
  19. J

FN2 @&%&ing Donkey

To be fair whoever repaired this did a pretty good job, it was a right old wreck. I hope someone goes and checks this one out, just dont dare test drive it :P
  20. J

Clutch Squeek

Got it fixed today. They removed the pedal asembaly and cleaned and lubed it all. Lets see how long it lasts. The guy at the garage said its allways the type r fn2 that do this. He also said no one ver comes back with same issue. It was done under warrente :)
  21. J

Clutch Squeek

Took your advice mate, just been back to where i got it from and its booked in monday for repair/replacement. I did not know i got warranty with the car, apparently i have 3 month's. Thanks for the advice as im not the brightest as you canb tell *_.
  22. J

Clutch Squeek

itsdriving me nutz might cut my losses and change the car. it is unbareable, there is no feeling in the clutch and when there is the squeek starts. Its realy loud its that bad.
  23. J

Clutch Squeek

Squeek is back with avengance. Realy am annoyed with this. Its louder than ever and lubed up like a hooker at a massage palor
  24. J

Clutch Squeek

Well i drove to lancaster to cox motor group today and got my major service kit and also added some gear box fluid and two new wipers.I think it was £213 for the everythink. Before i set off i greased the hell out of every working part on the clutch pedal. I think the problem is the spring...
  25. J

Clutch Squeek

Im driving over to blackpool today. Im of to cox motor parts for a major service kit and some wiper blades. I will have a chat with them and see what they say, pointless me paying for a master cylinder replacement if the squeek returns. Might just have to grease it up regulary to get rid of the...
  26. J

Clutch Squeek

yeah its a fn2, it has to be the spring as it goes when I put wd 40 on.
  27. J

Clutch Squeek

My Civic must have been stood for a while on the forecoart, when i push the clutch in and relese it there is a awfull squeek. I have located the spring at the rear of the pedal and got some wd40 on it. It stopped for a few miles then returned. Is it safe to get some door hinge grease on the...
  28. J

FN2 39,000 miles 2008

I was more thinking just pay the hour labour charge and get the parts myself. Only because Honda Rochdale said the plugs alone where over £100.00. This just seemed a bargain at the price.
  29. J

FN2 39,000 miles 2008

Just found this service kit, seems realy cheap compared to honda dealers. All genuine parts also http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-civic-typer-major-plus-service-kit-0711-p-961:16804328294049998affc192b1711594.html
  30. J

FN2 39,000 miles 2008

Thank you for this reply. just read it after popping into Honda And they said the same thing as you have. will ring them both after christmas. Regards mark
  31. J

FN2 39,000 miles 2008

I picked my new car up thursday night, rushed in grabed the keys and hit the road. I was that exited about getting the car that i did ask the questions i should have and check the service history. I knew it had full service history and with the low miles for a five year old car i jumped straight...
  32. J

Exhaust sounds/videos

Anyone got any video'sof the FN2? Pick mine up in 2 days :)
  33. J

Intake guide, the basics. Newbies **please read**

Link does not work for me
Back