• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. C

Increased fuel consumption compared to earlier EP3

I normally get 32mpg fairly consistently. However in January when the temperature fell suddenly it dropped to 26. Exactly the same thing happened last year. So maybe the air temperature is having an effect? The only think I can think in my situation is I do a 10 mile trip to work every day and...
  2. C

Hondas-on-Track

I just tried to take a look but I'm not a member and registration is currently disabled.
  3. C

Thinking of doing a track day in my ctr HELP total noob here !

Nice pics. Were you on track at the same time as the civic cup car? Was it crazy quick?
  4. C

Hondas-on-Track

Is HOT still going? Just looked at website but doesn't look like its been updated for 2016 yet.
  5. C

Thinking of doing a track day in my ctr HELP total noob here !

Hey josh sparkes, I can see its been a while since you posted this thread. Did you do a track day in the EP3 or decide to go for a second car?
  6. C

Thinking of doing a track day

Hey Marcjones, did you do a track day in your EP3. How did your un-modified EP3 hold up on the track?
  7. C

Rules on Thread titles

I think this every I look at the forum. +1 from me for this suggestion. I guess this is really a plea for forum users to give their threads accurate titles rather than a need for moderator action.
  8. C

Car failed MOT on suspension, but there was no visible issue?

Yea it was a year ago, I did inspect them while they were on the car. I didn't ask to keep them once they were changed as all I could do was visually inspect them some more, then I would have to get rid of them as well. I will just put this down as a learning experience (that cost me hundreds...
  9. C

Thanks for all your replies. 1. They replaced the front struts. It made no difference to the way the car drove. I know for sure they replaced them as I marked the originals, but when the work was done they were obviously new. 2. If an internal seal had gone, then sure the shock absorber...
  10. C

That's how I roll. This was a Honda dealer and the man on the desk just kept repeating what was on his piece of paper. Does anybody know what the actual tests are on the suspension during the MOT to ascertain the suspension is still working correctly? Honda didn't accept me bouncing on my car...
  11. C

They said there was no resistance under pressure from the suspension. When I asked more questions they just kept saying its failed.
  12. C

OK now bear with me. Last year my car failed its MOT on suspension. They said the front was dangerous and rear they could pass but I certainly shouldn’t wait till my next MOT to get it fixed. They said it would cost about £1200 to get it all fixed. I told them where to go. However I then...
  13. C

Clutch Problems

Just to add my (probably useless) perspective. If I bought a car from Honda and it needed a new clutch/gearbox within one month I would not be happy and Honda would definitely know I wasn’t happy. From what you have posted, I think all of your repairs should be carried out free of charge. I...
  14. C

EP3 First car - EP3

I agree the other replies you have got. While I was at uni one of the rich kids got a fiesta Si and to us that was like a super car. The car wasn’t treated with any kind of respect. My advice would be, get the cheapest car you can find that isn’t pink and go with that. Another point I just...
  15. C

Civic failed its mot today :(

I was a bit confused as in your first post it sounded like you had already told them to do the work as you said "im not too bothered as there cheap fixes and it will be ready to collect passed tomorrow or saturday morning" If you didn't tell them to do the work you definitely don't need to pay...
  16. C

rattle/knoking over rough road tarmac or pot holes

That happened to mine. Took it back to garage that did it and they fixed it with an adjustment on the tracking. Honda couldn't fix it as they didn't have the right tools.
  17. C

How to check coolant level on CTR EP3?

Does anybody else find it nearly impossible to check the water level on the CTR EP3? When looking at the coolant tank I really can't see the water level at all. I have throughly cleaned the outside of the tank and it I have rocked the car to see if the moving water level catches my eye, but it...
  18. C

Help my car is completely dead. Literally nothing!

UPDATE: Its fixed. I figured it out. It was the earth connection. I don't really understand why as the positive and negative termials were on the battery fine but I moved the the earth connecton and the car burst back to life.
  19. C

Help my car is completely dead. Literally nothing!

I went to the car as normal tried to start it. It spluttered for 1-2 seconds then dead. No lights on dashboard, no central locking, no power at all as if there is no battery at all. I have checked the battery and its fine and all the wires appear to be attached to everything as far as I can...
  20. C

Intermittent problem with interior light. CTR EP3.

The light is working again now. I got it to work by folding the rear seats down and back up again. Could anybody suggest where the loose connection might be? There aren’t any connections under the rear seats as far as I’m aware.
  21. C

Your tyre reviews

I've got Michelin Pilot Exalto2 205/45 R17 ZR 88W on mine. When I bought the car a few years ago it had two of these and two Kumho ecsta tyres. The Kumho tyres lasted no time at all so I decided to swap them for the Michelin tyres so they all matched. My thoughts on the Michelin tyres are the...
  22. C

new clutch time

Honda quoted £740. Local garage £550 but ended up being £650 as they had to replace some part that broke as they removed the cluch. (bushes and clutch pipes)
  23. C

Odd noise when Pulling off or at biting point?

Knx-Wv2 did you manage to get the clutch replaced by Autogroup?
  24. C

Odd noise when Pulling off or at biting point?

I get the same noise think. I get a noise like a low pitched version of somebody pulling a chair across a shiny floor. Only for a second when at biting point, sometimes quite loud though, happens maybe once a week. A few years ago I was told I need a new clutch by Honda (due to high biting...
  25. C

Breakdown cover worth it?

Just read that the RAC and the AA place restrictions on cars over 10 years old. I think they will still cover these cars but you must take out a higher level of cover. With the RAC this is obvious witht the AA you need to scan the policy docs.
  26. C

Thanks for your replies; I don’t pay for my bank account so no ‘freebies’ there. So if a call out charge is going to be £120-£150 then if I need a call out within 4-5 years (at £30/year) it cheaper to pay annually, if I don’t make a call out for that time it would have been cheaper to keep the...
  27. C

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I guess a breakdown goes under car faults. I have always had breakdown cover and its due for renewal soon. I have had to claim once for a flat battery (no chance of a bump start or jump start and it was the battery that was knackered, I...
  28. C

Fault? Leaves coming through air vents.

Not sure if this is a fault or not, but I parked under a tree a few days ago which dropped leaves all over my car. Ever since, leaves have been blowing into the car through the air vents. I thought all cars had air filters (pollen filters)? If so, surely leaves shouldn’t be getting through? Is...
  29. C

Unstable revs at tick over CTR EP3.

The other day I started the car. I left it running for about 30 secs then all of a sudden the revs started jumping between 1000rpm and 3000rpm. I tried to get it to stop by turning it off and on again and taking it to high revs, (and the usual shouting etc) but as soon as it went back to tick...
  30. C

Intermittent problem with interior light. CTR EP3.

My interior light stopped working a year ago. Then about 2 months ago it fixed itself. Then a week ago it broke itself again. Anybody else had this fault? It stops working completely, I mean it doesn’t work if set to come on with doors or when switched permanently on. I am referring to the light...
Back