• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. M

EP3 Mounting depth for front and rear speakers?

I haven't chosen them yet. But found some brand new in box infinity components on facebook, might get them as they're cheap and have decent reviews.
  2. M

Yeah I've taken the back speaker out, there's tons of clearance. The hole isn't too big though, I'm looking for a spacer that'll allow me to fit 6.5 inches as it gives me tons more choice of speakers. Bought a spacer adapter for the front, looks like there's a ton of clearance. Checked...
  3. M

Ok I've ordered some adapters from ebay, apparently they will allow me to fit 6.5 inch speakers in the front. Has anyone here done this? I'm a bit unsure until I see them, don't want to order speakers until I'm certain they'll fit.
  4. M

Hey, yeah I've seen that one, but it's 80mm with a spaker, so 62mm without. But another place I saw said that it's less than that. I might have to take the speakers out and check just to be sure, don't really want to order in speakers that don't fit.
  5. M

Hey, I'm looking at putting 5.25 inch components into the front, and 6 inch in the rear using adapter plates. I was thinking of getting Infinity Kappas in the front, but they look quite deep. I believe the mounting depth is 2 3/16 inches, I was wondering if I'll have enough clearance? And...
  6. M

Heater blower not working!

Hey, thanks but I should have said I've fixed it now, I was just replying to redcivic when he asked about the diagnostic. It was the transistor in the end. I bypassed it after finding a fix online, it's working perfectly now at all speeds. Although I'm going to get a replacement part soon...
  7. M

You'll need to follow the steps in the service manual, it's fairly straightforward. If you don't have the manual just Google Honda Civic EP3 service manual, you should be able to find a link.
  8. M

Ok it appears that it may be the power transistor, but the manual is asking me to test it, yet it is behind a large rectangular metal box. I'm stuck again, can I take this box off to access it?
  9. M

Hello. Yesterday my heater blower stopped working, it was working fine before and suddenly it won't switch on at all. I have read the service manual and performed self diagnostics, the flashing code that came up said it was a problem with the blower motor circuit. So I have performed some...
  10. M

Hesitation when cold.

It was when the fault happened, it's off and has stayed off now.
  11. M

Hesitation when cold.

Yeah it seems to be running ok now. I had the sensor error code though, so I guess it was correct. Yeah mine's an ep3.
  12. M

Hesitation when cold.

Well my o2 sensor looked somethings like this: http://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine-honda-primary-o2-oxygen-sensor-civic-type-r-fn2-3092/ I don't know about the chain, I'd imagine the labour would cost more than the part. I need to get mine done soon, but it seems to be running fine now I've...
  13. M

Hesitation when cold.

Lewis - those exposed wires are normal on the O2 sensor. I think the tape you put on will just melt, as those sensors get extremely hot. I read in another forum post that Honda recommend changing the chain at 100k, so that could be the problem. If it's slack I'd imagine that there would be a...
  14. M

Hesitation when cold.

Not yet, I've ordered an o2 sensor which should arrive soon. Hopefully that's the problem. I find it strange that it only does it when the car has been stood for a couple of days.
  15. M

Hesitation when cold.

I've put it on a code reader, the only thing that came up now is an o2 sensor. So it might be fairly simple! The strange thing is that the car has been fine for the past few days, it literally only does it when it's not been run for a couple of days.
  16. M

Hesitation when cold.

Well it's become more than just a slight hesitation now, I struggled to get it out of 1st gear the other day. The management light came on, but went out later on in the day.
  17. M

Hesitation when cold.

Hello, my Civic is a 2002 ep3 model. When the engine is fully cold, if I accelerate then it hesitates. Once the engine is warm then this problem totally disappears. I noticed it first a few months back, but as the weather was warmer then the problem wasn't too bad, it was just a mild...
Back