• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. philjk

FN2 Mot with De-Cat

Hi Does anyone know if there is a way to get my fn2 type r through an emissions test on MOT. Looking to part ex it at a main dealer. It’s got the intercooled supercharger kit on. So bigger injectors, full exhaust replaced, manifold including De-Cat. Had it done at TDI north but they’re no longer...
  2. philjk

FN2 Supercharged FN2 type r clutch

Hi chaps, My fn2 type r clutch has given up on me. Was wondering if anyone has a preferred clutch that will support 220lb torque , 354 BHP. I noticed on youtube an ep3 running over 400 bhp with an Exedy stage 1 clutch and wondered if I can go the same route. It's not a track car it's my daily...
  3. philjk

fn2 type r longer 6th gear

I have a longer 6th gear on my rotrex fn2 type r. I am trying to find the gear ratio for it. Stock seems to be 0.738. I need this so i can enter it into flashpro in an attempt to get cruise control up and running again. cheers
  4. philjk

Supercharged Fn2 clutch Ideas

I’m after ideas for an ideal clutch for my daily drive. My competition stage 2 that’s currently on has only lasted 8,000 miles. No track days, minimal abuse. Ran in sensibly and I don’t ride it. Had fluid changed. I’ve seen a you tube clip of an ep3 with an exedy stage 1 clutch. Been on the...
  5. philjk

Fuel gauge on Flash Pro tuned fn2 type r

I'm starting to have problems with the fuel gauge on my fn2 type r. I've got the super sport rotrex kit on, which has been TDI north tuned via flash pro. At first all was ok but now when the fuel gauge reaches half it sits there for a couple of days then rapidly drops to empty. At first I...
  6. philjk

Hks racing intake

I Just fitted a hks intake to my fn2 type r. The car has the Rotrex Supersport supercharger kit installed. This was done by TDI north. Now when I was taking the OEM piping off I noticed that on the inlet body. “ the rubber pipe that joins the air filter to the throttle body”. That the lower...
  7. philjk

Getting supercharged

In a couple of months I'm getting the rotrex sport kit put on my fn2. Non intercooled. Will be put on at a later date. Will changing the fuel pump to a WALBRO FUEL PUMP and also putting on a Hondata 4 bar map sensor make any difference to the final output?
  8. philjk

Gear changing issues

Car: 2007 fn2 type r Done approx 600 miles on a cclutch stage 2 and quaiffe lsd. Had the expected running in issues with the clutch and it's all settled now. Now I'm experiencing gear changing problems. When the engine is cold the problem isn't there. However once a few miles have been clocked...
  9. philjk

Have I got anything to worry about?

Been to TDI North for some work on my CTR fn2. Part of the job list was the fitting of a stage 2 c clutch. I realise it has a run in period where I have to take it easy for 200 miles or so. My question is: Is it normal to smell the clutch burning when driving normally? More evident when doing...
  10. philjk

Fn2 2007 car drivers side headlight removal

Hi I've searched the forum but can't find any tips on how to remove the drivers side headlight from my fn2 2007 ctr. Can anyone help pls
  11. philjk

Reverse camera

Does anybody know if Honda sell a reverse camera kit with sensors to fit the fn2 2007 civic type r oem satnav. Basically want it to display on same screen satnav uses. If so any idea on prices? cheers
  12. philjk

Rotrex Supercharger on fn2

Has anyone gone along the supercharger path for the CTR fn2? If so can you give details on your experiences " good or bad ", reliability issues, Where you had it installed, what Was max power, how often you serviced it etc. Cheers
  13. philjk

Quaife LSD

Thinking about fitting an LSD to fn2 type r before I go any further with engine mods. Just wondering what kind of difference a Quaife LSD will make over standard? Also the same question with regards to a stage 2 clutch. Cheers
  14. philjk

Rotrex sport supercharger

Have plans visiting Warrington again but this time to get a supercharger fitted to my FN2 type r. Been advised off Rob with the mods already on the car I should expect around 300bhp. Can anyone advise on the MPG ? Just curious about low cam fuel economy. Not fussed about vtec. That is what it...
  15. philjk

Flashpro help

Hi to all I had to remove rear seats to sort a problem out. Whilst the seats were removed I started the car to see if the problem I had was fixed. It was, but I had a "check system" warning on dash with seat and seatbelt picture. I have put rear seats back in and plugged the sensors back in...
  16. philjk

Tegiwa Exhaust addition for FN2

Hi I am hoping someone out there can gestimate what bhp/torque my Fn2 Ctr might achieve once Hondata mapped at Tdi. Mods so far are... Tegiwa Carbon air box with ram air piper manifold piper sports cat Balance shaft delete kit Tegiwa catback 2.5". "Arrives Monday ". cheers
  17. philjk

Fabricated exhaust

Hi to all. I'm looking for a fabricated exhaust for my fn2. Has anyone had any experience with PowerFlow? Good or bad. As I'm getting on a bit I want the increase in power that comes with a performance exhaust but keeping the noise to a min. I have changed the Header and cat so most off the...
  18. philjk

Rattle noise

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had the same fault that I'm experiencing. At low revs driving or even at Idle revving, I'm getting a loud rattle coming from centre of the dash area. Hard to pin point exactly where. It sounds like metal rattling together. Its not any of the dash panels as I've...
  19. philjk

Fn2 Cat back noise levels

Hi to all, Need a little advice. Have already got a few mods on my CTR, Tegiwa carbon intake with ram air duct, piper manifold + sports cat and balance shaft delete kit. I had a Piper cat back system on but took it off due to noise mainly + bad fitting tailpipes rattling off bumper. The drone...
  20. philjk

Fitting piper manifold

Has anyone had piper Manifold fitted? Garage suggesting dropping sub frame. Gap apparently too small
  21. philjk

Inlet manifold and throttle body on ctr fn2

Hi, after a little help. Can a RRC inlet manifold and FD2 throttle body be bolted onto a fn2 without getting a map done. Going to get a map done but the tuners are a fare distance from where I live. To save some money I would like to put these Mods on before I take the trip so all I pay for at...
  22. philjk

Genuine Honda Civic Type R Doorstep Garnish

Hi can anyone please help. Fancy a set of these. They're the sills that illuminate type r logo. It states Suitable for 2009 Models Onwards. I have a 2007 type r and was wondering why these are not listed for my year. Is it a part that can be made to fit?
  23. philjk

Filter kit and mapped

Hi guys, Just had my fn2 mapped and a custom pipercross filter kit fitted. My ctr fn2 2007 with 52000 miles clocked. Standard it ran 195bhp on dyno. I was expecting more so a little disappointed. After the filter kit was added and a remap done the bhp raised to 207. So a 12bhp increase...
  24. philjk

Change of tyre size on fn2 ctr

Hi, On the 18" alloys I have standard 225/40/18 tyres. Is it possible to fit 225/50/18 tyres
  25. philjk

Fn2 gear problems

I know this issue has been covered elsewhere on the forum but any advice with my issue would be appreciated. I bought Fn2 type r on a 07 plate from a Honda dealer last jan/feb and it had clutch problems. I posted this on the forum and got great advice which I followed. After many visits and...
  26. philjk

2007 civic clutch

Hi to all. This is my first post so please bare with me. I've just purchased a 2007 civic type r and have concerns with the clutch. Is it a normal feature of this car to have the bite point so low to the floor? The clutch pedal feels pretty much on the floor before the clutch will engage. Any...
Back