• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. S

Breaks lower tie bar

@Krystenctr can you get in contact with me. It says you cannot recieve anymore messages as your inbox is full....
  2. S

Lowering springs ruining the car?

Was thinking about the pro kit. Don't think I will bother now. Is booked in for Friday with TGM for FRSU with original springs
  3. S

FRSU - Different settings

Ok folks sorry for the silly questions. It turned out the guys at the garage have never done anything like this before on there brand new John bean laser system? Ok well I got snap of what we did on the rear baring in my mind we were trying to replicate the following settings 1 negative degree...
  4. S

Noob question. What do you adjust to get the toe in at the rear?
  5. S

Ok fittings the front bolts now for FRSU. Do the bolts go into the top or bottom holes on the suspension strut?
  6. S

Cheers mate. When you say if I am happy with my current suspension don't bother with springs or FRSU all together. To be honest I am not into chasing figures the car is plenty fast enough for me standard I just love driving it, it's like a go kart! I would just like to improve the handling if it...
  7. S

So just to clear some confusion. I am getting the geo setup at a local garage this weekend. TGM are booked up for months on weekends unfortunately. Am going with these settings mentioned previously 1 degree neg camber all round 2mm toe in at rear 1mm toe out at front Can anyone tell me for...
  8. S

Cheapest place to get OEM discs?

Got them on the rear, no problems :)
  9. S

Where abouts are they? Can anyone confirm the settings if they are total of each axle or total of each wheel
  10. S

Sorry got it mixed up. Edited post now
  11. S

Jimbo can I just confirm the settings -1 degree camber all round, 1mm total toe out front (0.5mm either side) and 2mm total toe in rear (1mm either side) or is it 1mm toe out on each front wheel (total of 2mm toe out) and 2mm toe in on each rear wheel (total of 4mm toe in) sorry for the...
  12. S

Valve clearances

Bringing this one back from the dead. Can someone confirm if it is better to have intake and exhaust tighter or slacker of these clearances? eg intake being tight 0.21mm or to go for the middle settings of these given clearances?
  13. S

Thankyou a a very informative post and helpful. So you would recommend the original settings I mentioned in my first post rather than the ones I suggested? After you explaining it does make more sense to me
  14. S

So I have decided to go with -1 camber all round with 1mm toe in on the rear and 0.5mm toe out at the front. Can anyone see a problem with these settings? I don't want anything too agressive because of tyre wear but I would like to feel a difference. Would these settings be too light to feel a...
  15. S

So after noticing un even tyre wear on the inside of my tyres I was looking into getting the tracking done but decided to get the bits and go for a FRSU. Firstly I will mention the car is completely OEM and its a daily and no intentions on tracking it. I am looking to get a set up for good tyre...
  16. S

Threw out the boxes but there is only one model pagid make for the type r on their site I believe
  17. S

got or them off euro car parts when they have 30% off pagid. Have a look for coupon discount codes for them online. I think I paid £60 for rear disks and pads. At the time if you got discs and pads all round worked out at 130-140 quid which is decent
  18. S

Bit better than the old ***** mintex which were on before.
  19. S

Got them on the rear at the moment. Was easy to instal pads went on easy enough and they are doing the job. I don't track my car though. For road use they are sufficient for me.
  20. S

Front Compliance bushes and ball joints

Just rang honda for oem part. They only sell the whole knuckle for 180 plus vat!! Sod that just need the ball joint. What decent brands of ball joints should I look at. I don't want cheapy eBay *****. Heard blueprint are decent
  21. S

Also can some please help me source some correct poly bushes, is it a kit of just the two I need? If they are cheaper and more superior that oem I will go with Poly
  22. S

Ok instead of getting the wish bones your reckon poly bushes and new ball joints? Oem ball joints?
  23. S

Ok had my 04 EP3 serviced by Honda the other day at 80K. They said it is mechanically sound and drives very well. Just two things they picked up on in the whole service. First thing was ‘Front compliance bushes starting to wear/split,’ Fitted £288.71 Second thing was ‘Both bottom ball joint...
  24. S

Pagid are coated so this doesnt happen and they are pretty decent. Found these, cheapest oem ? http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-75554-brake-disc-set-for-2-wheels-2-x-vented-disc-brembo-09954410.aspx
  25. S

Rust

You have to speak to the service department which I doubt will be open on a Sunday. Interesting stuff Loxy. The guy who I dealt with seemed pretty convinced but it's not him who approves it I guess. Shall see what happens. Like we say I thinks it's pot luck and depends which dealer you go to...
  26. S

Rust

Maybe they helped me as I was getting the car serviced there so I was spending money with them. Could of helped
  27. S

Rust

yes please link me up. Well I am just going from what other people said who has had work done. Some have said its 6 years like yourself and some have said 10 years but the guy at the Honda dealer said its within the 10 year warranty plus they sometimes do the work if its out of warranty.
  28. S

Rust

Yes I was told by other people from a FB group which had work done on their cars mainly FN2's. It seems to vary from dealer to dealer along with a lot of other things.
  29. S

FN2 Rust along the windscreen seal

I have the same problem but on my 04 ep3 cosmic.http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?93509-Rust booked it into the main dealers for a service and they are going to take pics when its in and start a claim. Its just within the 10 year paint warranty so he is pretty sure they will do...
  30. S

Rust

Ok had a trip to my local honda dealer today. Booked in for the next service which they are charging me just £100 as I am bringing my oil and they are going to to take pictures of the rust and send it to HQ. As its (just) within the 10 year paint warranty he is pretty sure they will carry out...
  31. S

Rust

Noticed this on the roof where it meets windscreen on my cosmic ep3. Is a small patch no longer than 8cm. As you can see I have rubbed wax into it to help prevent more water getting in. What are the options here? Its hardly noticeable being on the roof though
  32. S

Pagid discs and pads

changed mine recently on the rear to pagid. No problems as of yet and they do the job. Only been on 3 weeks though
  33. S

Rear brake issue

Ok everything went to plan fitted the brakes, news pins etc and bled the brakes. Is running like a beaut again :)
  34. S

Rear brake issue

The lip where the boot sits into was still gunky. All is good now. Will let you know how I get on tomorrow when installing it all. Do I need to open the bleed nipple to wind the caliper back?
  35. S

Rear brake issue

Ok guys I had no luck getting it out myself. So I brought it into work to give to the guys in the tool room. It was soaked all moaning in penetrating oil then heated and it eventually came out (cheers Moab78!) Got the slide pin kits today. Everything good apart from I dont think these boots sit...
  36. S

hit limiter dropping a gear. any damage done?

Yes makes sense change at 8k to be safe :)
  37. S

hit limiter dropping a gear. any damage done?

Is hitting the limiter (for a short time) going up the gears not as bad then?
  38. S

Rear brake issue

Ok I will try that technique. It is just spinning but not actually coming out. I have ordered 2 slide pin carrier refurb kits off ebay which come with new pins, boots and grease. Might as well do the other one as I will be fitting new discs and pads.
  39. S

EP3 rear caliper carrier seized

Took my caliper apart today. Exactly the same thing, one of the slide pins has completely ceased into the carrier. I am swaying towards this being the problem more now than the actual piston. I cannot get it out and ripped the rubber boot off trying to do it. Any suggestions? thread is here...
  40. S

Rear brake issue

After a bit more reading on this forum other people have had problems with caliper carriers (which i think is the correct term-enology not bracket) like I have with one of the pins ceased inside. The piston of the caliper does seem stiff but other people have mentioned I would probably need a...
  41. S

Rear brake issue

update: So the suspected caliper does seem to of ceased up. Not only that but the bracket which the 2 slide pins also has a problem. One out of the two pins has ceased into the bracket and will not come out for sh*t. Tried putting it in a vice hammering and its just stuck in there. Looks like a...
  42. S

Rear brake issue

Yes. It's fine I bought a massive tub of red rubber grease it's all they had nothing smaller. :)
  43. S

Rear brake issue

Is a lithium based grease ok? Found some in the garage. All purpose auto grease
  44. S

Ok I will use copper slip on the contacts on the pads to stop them from corroding which I have. For the pins I will use red rubber grease. Is this ready available at halfords?
  45. S

Rear brake issue

The video is very informative. I will do exactly that before taking the caliper apart. Once I have cleaned it up and re-greased how can I test if the actual caliper its operating properly after. I know it seems a silly question but I only ask this because if I know it is working properly I can...
  46. S

Rear brake issue

Wouldn't I have to take the caliper to bits first to grease everything up?
  47. S

thats interesting I have a similar issue with my rear brakes. Was going to take the caliper off, clean slide pins and all contacts regrease with copper slip and see if thats does the trick without replacing the caliper. I will use this red rubber grease instead :)
  48. S

Rear brake issue

Ok as the weather is predicted to be better this weekend (fingers crossed) I am going to take the caliper apart to have a look and diagnose the problem. Will I need a special caliper wind tool to take apart/ put it back together again? Also got my rear pagid disks and pads ready to put on after...
  49. S

Where to get your windows tinted

Looking for somewhere in the Berkshire area. Any suggestions?
  50. S

Rear brake issue

Ok the first thing I will do before putting the new pads and disks on will be to strip the caliper down clean it up, grease it up and see if it sill works. If it is the caliper I don't have to change both calipers do I, like disks and pads? If the other one 'ain't broke don't fix it' ?
  51. S

Rear brake issue

From the pic I should def get disks as well?
  52. S

Rear brake issue

Ok after searching the forum I know there have been a lot of cases of rear sticking calipers which maybe the issue but please bare with me. First noticed a problem on my 04 facelift EP3 a few weeks back when pulling away in the mornings I would hear a fairly loud click from the rear brakes...
  53. S

EP3 Odd whirring noise

Noticed this the other day on my ep3. Cars runs fine but have that very slight whirring noise but disappears when you push down on the clutch. Is it worth changing the clutch release bearing or just leave it. It is very very faint
  54. S

Cosmic Grey EP3 Honda Machine - Project minty mint OEM

Iv got a cosmic and like you I am keeping it OEM. Few bits I want to do to it. Thinking of the getting the alloys refurbed and at the same time get them painted in a acrinite/ gun metal grey. I think this will give a nice touch to an oem ctr. Also to get the windows tinted that's about it. Did...
  55. S

Simons 2005 Cosmic Ep3

40k?! That's really good. How much did you pick it for if you don't mind me asking?
  56. S

Alloy refurb in South East?

I rang and the lady I spoke to told me around £50 a corner plus VAT. If there is heavy damage she said it would obviously be more
  57. S

From TGM? I rang them and they said they have to send them away which is fine. Did they do a good job? Completely stripped back and redone?
  58. S

Going to ring tgm today. What sort of price am I looking at? I want them stripped back and done properly. £60 a wheel?
  59. S

Cheers mate much appreciated but Gillingham is far for me to go even with a decent discount
  60. S

Didn't know they did alloy refurbs. They are only about half hour from me will give them a call
  61. S

Hi Folks. Looking at getting my alloys refurbed and whilst I'm at it get them coloured. I have cosmic and I was thinking like a gun metal or acrinite colour. Does anyone have any pics of similar alloys on cosmics? I am based near Reading, Berks so am looking for a place in the South east...
  62. S

Drivers door won’t open from the inside

cheers guys, hopefully that is the problem. A nice cheap fix for once haha. Will whip the door card off this weekend for a quick inspection
  63. S

could it be the actuator
  64. S

Ok 04 facelift ep3. Searched all the door locking threads but couldnt find an answer. Literally came home from work today, turned the ignition off, went to open the door and basically head butted the glass as the door handle wouldn’t release the door. Very strange? Nothing abnormal happened. The...
  65. S

Orange peel

Cheers mate much appreciated. Well I rang the guy up and said I wasn't happy with it, so I'm dropping back with him and he is going to sort it for me. Hopefully will come back like it should of. After he has machine polished the car was thinking of sealing/waxing the car with collinite 476s as I...
  66. S

Orange peel

Not too sure about his background in detailing but he used to work for Merc spraying but I suppose that doesn't really mean much. I am completely a novice when it comes to paint. After a little research I have read that machine polishing will get rid of orange peel and other sources including...
  67. S

Orange peel

So Had my front bumper and side panel re-sprayed where the petrol cap is on my cosmic ep3 last week because there were a few scratches I wanted sorting. He did a good job on the blending ad paint match but the finish could of been better. Mainly the panel by the petrol cap the clear coat is a...
  68. S

Cluster Calibration ?

Quick update... I used a great little app called torque pro which I connected up to the diagnostics plugin. Gives a digital read out of the revs. So I moved the needle to the exact read out. Going to do the speed on a gps and the temp is pretty easy as I knew where the temp was when the engine...
  69. S

Cluster Calibration ?

Anyone? Any advise?
  70. S

Cluster Calibration ?

Well thats very kind and thank you very much for the offer but I would like to keep the cluster to keep the original mileage of the car. I know who to shout if I change my mind. Anyone else done this before? I could just get a gps and match the speedo to that, fill the car up with fuel and set...
  71. S

Cluster Calibration ?

Hi Folks! First post :) been lurking for a while but now is the right time to post and say hi. Proud owner of a EP3 which I bought in Nov. 04, cosmic, facelift, 76K on the clock with FSH. My I add I have had no problems with the car, runs and pulls well all levels are fine and even managed to...
Back