• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Shackbleep

FD2 'Black Robe' FD2

That looks gorgeous!!!! (but I'm a fan of any FD2..... wonder if I can get rob a bank to get one)
  2. Shackbleep

i'm so excited....and i just can't hide it!

Looks a nice one! I'm a fan of white wheels on the CTR Enjoy :twisted:
  3. Shackbleep

Engine Management Light

Not all Honda dealers charge for connecting your car up to their diagnostic rig and telling you what the problem is. My GF bought a Honda Stream off Autotrader, because we needed a 6 seater. Two days later, the engine light came on. Phoned up Norton Way Honda in Letchworth (who'd previously...
  4. Shackbleep

How not to sell your CTR..

That's an earlier advert than his "I couldn't afford new tyres and exhaust" special :D
  5. Shackbleep

Bargain for anyone who wants a cosmic grey CTR....

Link didn't work for me. Sounds like an unbelievable bargain price though!
  6. Shackbleep

void warranty?

Bad plan! I think they are hoping that you'll disappear until after the time period where the sales of goods act says you can reject the car. Might be an idea to get some qualified advice on the next course of action to take - bit of a downer getting all serious about this, but you've spent a...
  7. Shackbleep

MY FIRST CTR,gave it good clean.

Looks good! Enjoy
  8. Shackbleep

FD2 Honda Sport Modulo Type-R

I wouldn't want the stickers. Aside from that... it looks good :twisted: :mad: that Honda Japan seem so far ahead of the UK. They will soon have a second fantastic road-legal Type-R, and the version of the Type-R we have here doesn't seem that good in comparison.
  9. Shackbleep

A Few of a FD2 !

I'm very jealous! It looks awesome :) Enjoy!
  10. Shackbleep

This caught my eye....(Good reasons this time!)

That looks nice! Bet it's a lot of fun to drive also :)
  11. Shackbleep

Very cheap!

someone's going to get a bargain at that price!
  12. Shackbleep

My 05 NHB Rotrex'ed 315 wbhp / 370.8bhp

sounds like a major project. Bet it's amazing when running well though!
  13. Shackbleep

n00b question...

IIRC carbon fibre can be painted, though the preparation is different from metal body panels - CF needs something sprayed on it first so the paint will stick properly.
  14. Shackbleep

Forget A-Plan, give these a go!

renewal time coming up for me shortly... will give them a shot
  15. Shackbleep

Wounded, accident....3-4K estimate

I'm glad you're ok. Always upsetting when you're involved in an accident. Hope the car gets sorted out as quickly (and painlessly) as possible.
  16. Shackbleep

stone chips/minor paintwork repairs

I've got a couple of stone chips on the bonnet and on the front bumper I'd like to get properly sorted out. I was wondering about one of the dentbuster-type operations to get them sorted out. Has anyone else tried this? Any recommendations of companies that are any good?
  17. Shackbleep

EP3 FN2 test drive thread

I'd love to try a Focus ST - be interested to see what you think (especially the 300bhp one).
  18. Shackbleep

Bargain - what's wrong with it?

does look like a very cheap price wonder if it's suffered some damage that the owner is hoping to avoid paying to fix?
  19. Shackbleep

aftermarket speakers????

I'd be interested in speaker recommendations also... esp ones easy to fit... (or... even better... someone who knows how to do a decent fitting job near where I live!) Hope you're enjoying the new Alpine head unit. I upgraded the standard one to an Alpine 8-9 months ago. Nice toy.. but it...
  20. Shackbleep

type r jacket

images worked for me. The type-r watch looks ok. Since I knackered my old watch at the weekend.. may try to find out how much they are.
  21. Shackbleep

fascia for aftermarket head units

I followed the very useful guide (with pics) here
  22. Shackbleep

fascia for aftermarket head units

my alpine stereo looks fine (IMHO) in the standard fascia once the old stereo is pulled out. I suppose this piece puts the surround and the "CD pocket" in a single unit, which might improve the aesthetics. Good luck - would be interested to see how it looks when completed!
  23. Shackbleep

Just had 2nd service..question??

don't they check/adjust the valves at the 2nd / 25k service? one of the mechanics at my local dealer said that the engines just keep getting better and better to drive.. and that there's quite often a noticeable improvement after the 2nd service.
  24. Shackbleep

here's an interesting question

is the car under warranty? How long have you had it? What options have the dealer given you? Have you tried talking to Nissan's head or regional office if you weren't satisfied with the answer the stealer gave you? It doesn't sound satisfactory that your car is unusable and the dealer...
  25. Shackbleep

What do you think..

Yeuch! I can see cars benefiting from one or two subtle mods... but that is wrecked beyond recognition.
  26. Shackbleep

From this..to this..then these..then this..now these..

that's a lot of wheels there! :shock: Are you going to stick with the current set for a while then?
  27. Shackbleep

My Satin CTR

nice! :)
  28. Shackbleep

Insurance Question

You should talk to the insurance company. If when she took out the policy she was asked the standard question "are you the owner and main driver of the car".... then she's inadvertently provided inaccurate information, and to be sure you're covered, you should phone up the insurance people...
  29. Shackbleep

FN2 Official New Type-R info including interior pics etc...

cruise control in a Type-R Blasphemy! :shock:
  30. Shackbleep

who knows about car electrics?

Missed that while I was posting :-) Sounds like you need to hunt for any other electrical connections you might have "cut" or "upset" when doing the install.
  31. Shackbleep

who knows about car electrics?

Is it an active sub (own amp)? check all the earth connections - if you're doing wierd stuff with the sub, based around the earth connection for the rear lights, then you could cause a few "flashing light effects" there.
  32. Shackbleep

Paint Warranty Turned Down

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck!
  33. Shackbleep

Need advice on potential insurance claim

try contacting the coachworks and see what they want to do. If it sounds like they want to work something out privately (it might be in everyone's interests) then go for it. If not... you'll need to do the insurance thing.
  34. Shackbleep

No dealer wants my car!

:( :( :( oh well... I'm happy with mine. Just have to not think "I could have bought one £XXXX cheaper if I'd waited 9 months".... <gulp> Good luck with the sale, Chris! Fingers crossed someone will be along soon to take it off your hands.
  35. Shackbleep

Finally changed to Greenlight.

just phoned them up... was told by Darren not to bother before he took down any details, because they wouldn't be interested in quoting around the £600 mark, which was my current renewal price waste of a phone call p_$$_d off Would have liked to get the trackday insurance package...
  36. Shackbleep

Quick immobiliser question

I'll have a look through the owner's folder tonight and see what it says :D
  37. Shackbleep

Quick immobiliser question

Norwich union seem to be offering me a damn good price... but they are refusing to believe the CTR has a Cat1 alarm/immobileser as standard, so are now saying they'd want me to get one fitted! Muppets!
  38. Shackbleep

Cheap CTR

Ditto!
  39. Shackbleep

Fuel Consumption using Tesco 99 RON.

I haven't worked out the fuel consumption with 99 RON. I'm almost certainly getting fewer miles out of a tank than with "other" unleaded. However, the 99 RON's effect on the CTR is :lol: :D/ :smt054 :smt054 :smt054 :smt054 :smt054 :D/
  40. Shackbleep

ADH Spoon Car spotted for sale on Autotrader

looks :D does it come with free sunglasses?
  41. Shackbleep

For you satin silver junkies out there...Now with fitted pic

I've been drooling over it all day.... dammit - I want to see a pic of it actually sitting on a CTR 8)
  42. Shackbleep

For you satin silver junkies out there...Now with fitted pic

nice one :smt054 - any shots of it on a CTR about?
  43. Shackbleep

100k and all is well !!

should be fine for plenty more if looked after Hope you have many more happy miles!
  44. Shackbleep

FN2 From me mates mate who works at Honda:

its supposed to have the 200ps current engine though, according to honda's initial press announcement though?
  45. Shackbleep

Minimising Torque Steer

an LSD should help some of the adverse torque-steer effects at the front wheels though you might have to hold onto the steering wheel somewhat harder than usual when it's working :D
  46. Shackbleep

Insurance question for over 30s

Taylor price directchoice sorted me out with broker direct Full protected NCB Clean license Car is garaged overnight est annual mileage - 25k Cover for me (37) and my gf (34)... now ex-gf though :cry: £405 for the year They didn't appear to be that friendly to Mods though... so...
  47. Shackbleep

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

Sept 05 8k running in nicely :D
  48. Shackbleep

Home Insurance

I tried several comparison sites.. but still Norwich Union were the best fpr me I'd be interested to hear how you get on... would be interesting to get some names in the frame for my next renewal :)
  49. Shackbleep

would you part with 19k for this?

that colour is not called "dickhead yellow" for nothing :roll:
  50. Shackbleep

A-Plan any advice

I've never heard of them... but I'm no insurance expert.
  51. Shackbleep

CTR Spoon whore

nice looking car!
  52. Shackbleep

BP Ultimate

I've noticed more of an improvement with BP Ultimate than Shell Optimax... though perhaps I'm unconsciously biased since I used to work for BP! (it was a long time ago, and they didn't give me any free petrol... got to see lots of car engine oil being tested.. which was pretty interesting...
  53. Shackbleep

Aftermarket Security Options.

what was that tracker thing that came with a built-in battery good for 3 years and no externally visible aerial? Dammit... can't remember the name - and would be very tempted to go for it
  54. Shackbleep

My Civic Type-R :D

looks nice and shiny! (reminds me how dirty mine is at the moment!)
  55. Shackbleep

For those with A/C .....

I disagree. Air conditioning units *reduce* the humity in the space being cooled (http://www.fujitsu-air-conditioning.com/air_conditioner.htm) The water condensed by the A/C unit is drained outside the air conditioned space (in the case of Car A/C units, you'll get water dripping under...
  56. Shackbleep

Suggestion of Cleaning Alloys with Supagard Protection??

Autoglym alloy wheel cleaner works well for me... I'd recommend it
  57. Shackbleep

A Plan

I've dealt with A-Plan in the past - always worth giving those guys a call, and (for met at least) they have always been pretty keen on prices/cover
  58. Shackbleep

What head units do you have in your car ?

I have the alpine 9855R - very disappointed so far TBH Have the standard speakers still - is this the next thing I need to upgrade to get decent sound quality?
  59. Shackbleep

For those with A/C .....

I looked in my manual - doesn't mention not using the A/C below a specific temperature at all so I'll assume something clever in the car will turn it off if its too cold to operate properly
  60. Shackbleep

BP Ultimate

I'm a big fan of BP's ordinary and ultimate unleaded Certainly notice more of an improvement with their ultimate than anyone elses premium fuel options (still waiting to try liquid rocket fuel though! :wink:)
  61. Shackbleep

(lack of) oil consumption

Have done about 3500 miles since I got my new CTR in early sept. Based on comments I'd read here, and advice from the dealer, I check the oil every week, sometimes when warm, sometimes when cold (when the dipstick is a bit easier to read!) ... and it doesn't appear that my engine has used...
  62. Shackbleep

how to get rid of bugs?

whoops! ok - posting before 9am on a sunday.... also a hanging offence! (sad and newly single so doing all sorts of strange things at the moment)
  63. Shackbleep

how to get rid of bugs?

My cat gets regular splatterings of the local suicidal insect population covering the front of it. I find the things even more annoying when dead on my bonnet/bumper than in real life! Currently using Autoglym Active insect remover before washing the car, which seems to be about the least...
  64. Shackbleep

Name and shame section

how about a sticky "feedback" topic in each of the "deals for wheels" sections? That way you could post good/bad/indifferent comments private sellers/traders in an appropriate area.
  65. Shackbleep

Just got back from 12.5k service....

Rats :( paid more than that for mine :cry:
  66. Shackbleep

Shack's silver CTR

I like doing night-time photos and experimenting with lighting..... a full size version of last pic is now my desktop :)
  67. Shackbleep

Shack's silver CTR

Arrived on 9th Sept, and I've been too busy driving and enjoying to take that many pics :D (will have to try and see if I can find a better location to re-take the last shot - my local Tesco's car park wasn't the most scenic location in the world!)
  68. Shackbleep

Average mileage

I've done about 900 miles in the 2 weeks since I've had mine. I expect to average 25k/year
  69. Shackbleep

Fuel quality

there was a thread on www.honestjohn.co.uk about people having different views on supermarket petrol..... The additives are better in non-supermarket petrol though (my dad used to run the research labs for a large oil company - they invested loads in additive research and staying ahead of the...
  70. Shackbleep

When you start your engine...

Or the engine saying "oh ****!, not him again" :wink:
  71. Shackbleep

When you start your engine...

your car is possessed! ;)
  72. Shackbleep

Greenlight Insurance

ok - I had a couple of teenage bumps which dented my record :oops: (as did most of my friends)
  73. Shackbleep

Greenlight Insurance

How do you get 9 years NCD at the age of 26yo?
  74. Shackbleep

My CTR (just a quick snap)

nice and artistic :)
  75. Shackbleep

Fuel ratings

last time I read any research on this, BP Ultimate unleaded had the best additives and demonstrably the best performance in terms of power/economy and emissions I'd be interested to see if there is some new competition on the horizon
  76. Shackbleep

My Satin Silver CTR

btw - is that milton keynes? If so, the presence of a CTR makes it look almost good ;)
  77. Shackbleep

My Satin Silver CTR

nice-looking car!
  78. Shackbleep

Do you think a 52 CTR is worth £12k

try selling yours privately, or at least stick it in the papers/autotrader for a week and see what the interest is autotrader seems like a great place to research what different cars are being advertised for.... you can see which dealers/traders ask totally unrealistic prices
  79. Shackbleep

My Satin Silver 30AE

Very jealous! Gorgeous looking motor you have mate.
  80. Shackbleep

Shiny Silver

looking good!
  81. Shackbleep

Chief's Satin Silver

looks good Like it that the seats don't have too much red in them also :)
  82. Shackbleep

Just seen the latest version of our Type R

STOPPIT!!!! I've still got a few more days to wait :cry:
Back