• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Messy

Car now sounds like it's supercharged!!! Not in a good way

Car was fine yesterday, started it today and it now sounds like it's supercharged! It sounds almost like an electric whine. It's definitely not the gear box as it makes the noise when out of gear and stationary when revved. Seems to only be whilst under load. Still have power and vtec...
  2. Messy

Skunk2 rear camber kit ep3 FYI

Found out the hard way today that the skunk2 kit doesn't come with a nut welded on or provide one. You will need to source this before fitting the kit I believe it's M12 locking nut required with automotive thread (1.5mm) but will confirm this once I've found the correct one. The bolt you will...
  3. Messy

How essential is this.......

One of my cat heat-shields fell/was hanging off today, well done honda for a well built lasting design there! I noticed the floor near the handbrake console was warm to the touch so my question is how essential is this heat shield? Will my car melt it's self or am I good to leave it off?
  4. Messy

Where to buy good quality NHB paint?

Have recently bought a mugen rep splitter now just to paint it. Can anyone recommend anywhere to buy good quality b92p (NIght hawk black) paint from? Halfrauds apparently do it but I'm dubious.
  5. Messy

Rubbing noise when turning hard right

I shall apologise now as this post is going to be a little vague and I couldn't get a recording of the sound earlier. When turning hard right (i.e. At speed and pushing it) my ep3 developed a concerning noise today. Sounded almost like a tyre was rubbing on the arches, however the suspension is...
  6. Messy

Custom paint, hydro dipping etc

Recently found a guy on Facebook who does this: zander customz, his work looks really good and rocker covers £70 on an exchange basis so not badly priced either. Thought I'd share.
  7. Messy

Recommended garage in northampton ish area?

I've got a timing chain, tensioner and vtc cam gear waiting to be fitted to my ep3 and need to find a trusted garage to do this. I'm aware of the usual suspects (tdi, cpl, eurospec etc) but they are quite a distance away. Does anyone know of and have experience with any garages in the...
  8. Messy

Carbon wrapping centre console

Simply wanted to say: what a bàstard to do [emoji30]
  9. Messy

Which events are the best?

Have only been indulging in the scene for about a year now and would like to go to an event or two. There seems to be A LOT of them to choose from: jap show, British modified nationals, tuner fest, trax etc etc etc Which event/events are the best or are people recommending? Am based in the...
  10. Messy

New meyle drop links now have a creek on speed bumps

I've recently fitted new rear meyle HD drop links and a second hand 22mm rear arb from a dc5. I have speed bumps on my road and notice I now get a creek from the rear when going over them which I never had before. Is this normal? A sign that the bushes for the arb are worn or have I not done the...
  11. Messy

Slider rebuild kits-WARNING

After completely rebuilding my front brakes last week I did not expect to be getting sticky/rubbing noises and vibrations from them less than 5days later. After my first spirited drive I got the above symptoms. As soon as I got home I did a spin test and found both fronts restricting!! I...
  12. Messy

Loosing a LOT of coolant whilst trying to remove throttle body. Advice please.

Issue after issue for me at the moment. My idle is playing up to the point it has stalled a couple of times. I'm aware it's most likely the idle control valve that needs cleaning. I followed the guide on here and tried to remove it (looks simple enough). The issue I have is after disconnecting...
  13. Messy

Rebuilding front calipers and bleeding brakes, hints tips and tricks.

As I've just been through this and harassed several people for advice (jimbo and jamieboy) thought I'd post what I've learnt and read from other places to help others. Sorry there's no step by step but was learning on the fly myself. Let's be clear this isn't a fun job and it's a fair bit of...
  14. Messy

Bleeding brakes, after some clarification/help

My calipers are all off the car right now whilst I rebuild them and wait for parts to turn up (piston rebuild kit, braided lines and 1.5L rbf600), most my fluid has been drained from the car. Ive read a whole host of posts on bleeding the brakes, some say start at the front and work to the rear...
  15. Messy

Recommendations on wax and sealant for NHB ep3

Have recently used a DA polisher with megiuars 105 and 205. The results were awesome but the paint seems to be missing that extra wet look/shine (probably because I didn't wax/seal after). I usually use autoglym super resin polish but it doesn't seem to be doing quite so well now. Could do...
  16. Messy

Inlet manifold with cat recommendations

Most threads I've read about changing the manifold seems to decat the car. As the title says is there any decent manifolds that give good returns whilst still having a cat installed or is the cat just too restrictive? (Don't want the hassle of changing it come MOT time or risk of loosing my car...
  17. Messy

Can the cost be justified?

Since getting my ep3 I've wanted a mugen twinloop exhaust system, they sound awesome IMO. However the cheapest I've found one is £700! I'm aware exhausts don't return much bhp for your cash until you get to the manifold (and I can't afford a manifold and obligatory map just yet). So is the...
  18. Messy

Still having problems.

Recently replaced my discs and pads all around after noise coming from rear ns. Afterwards was still getting the issue, rebuilt the slider assembly this evening with new pins and bellows however: Not only is the wheel still not running free but the noise now seems worse and is either travelling...
  19. Messy

Help needed please

Ok fitted new pads and discs all around today but suspect I have a problem with the rear caliper. I have to use the car for work next week and don't want to damage my shiny new discs and pads as realistically won't be able to get a refurb kit till next weekend!!! Is it worth me taking the...
  20. Messy

My first EP3 figured it's time to start a build thread

Well I bought my first ep3 about 3months back now. First thing was to get rid of that nasty personalised plate. I like square plates when done properly but not just stuck on with someone else's personal plate. So got some mugen plate surrounds, put it back on original reg and got some...
  21. Messy

DBA rotors thoughts and opinions please

Well I knew my pads were low but the rear finally starting grinding and gripping disc today and I happened to have to drive 130miles home. Needless to say I've ordered new pads AND discs, decided to do the lot. Pads: Have gone for ferodo ds2500's front and OEM on the rear. Discs: I saw a...
  22. Messy

Where to buy exhausts from?

After reading dozens of posts on here regarding exhausts, you tubing those exhaust, I have finally decided to go for either; a mugen twin loop or fujitsubo legalis. Disappointingly when trying to find either of these it seems they are a nightmare to get hold of for an ep3 in the uk. Nengun...
  23. Messy

Help please, probably a stupid question

I have an 03 ep3 type r (non ac version). I've only owned this a couple of months but only noticed today that I only seem to have one radiator fan fitted (as looking into the bonnet the fan is on the right hand side). In my searches online all the diagrams say that this is the fan for the...
  24. Messy

Advice please

I've read through a whole host of the braking section but I don't think this has been asked: does it matter what brand/make of drilled and dimpled disks you use? I know a lot of people highly rate ferodo 2500 pads but I won't get to drive the ep3 hard that often so am thinking of going for ebc...
Back