• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Andrew-fn2

Blue smoke on low revs pulling away

no definaltly cant see it in my mirror
  2. Andrew-fn2

sorry Hazz im no mechanic, no i went back out to the car when he told me which was then warm. and rev'd it woke a few people up and no smoke at all...
  3. Andrew-fn2

Apparently a mate of mine says he noticed blue smoke as i was pulling away (cold start) car is running 5w-30 oil. no smoke on vtec that i know of. car is running rich i have a hks-rsk and full system (cpl manifold to invidia system no cat) and my exhaust tips go black i have sold my hondata as...
  4. Andrew-fn2

corrosion warranty fn2

To be honest I kind of got that vibe from the guy I spoke to he told me I it had no history they wouldn't do it and then told me to book it in? May try Cardiff if this doesn't work out I booked it in.
  5. Andrew-fn2

corrosion warranty fn2

mines the same loxy only one stamp, i suspect its on the dealer he said they would send the info of to Honda uk and its up to them.. how old was your silver ctr when you had the work done?
  6. Andrew-fn2

corrosion warranty fn2

hi guys, ive have a 2007 fn2 and on my recent mot the tester listed surface corrosion as an advisory. after a bit of googling i have found the fn2 has a corrosion warranty, so ive emailed Honda UK and had a quick reply saying to take to the local dealership which is bassets bridgend. he...
  7. Andrew-fn2

Flashpro / live tune

Not sure he races a dc2 and had a turbo s2000 there but I don't know anyone who has been there on here
  8. Andrew-fn2

Flashpro / live tune

Well took it for a spin and feels good pulls better and revs faster wheel spin in 3rd with traction control off. I will get it booked in with a pro now to tune it. Anyone had any experience with got boost in Bridgend quoted me 400-500 quid to stick it on the rollers
  9. Andrew-fn2

Flashpro / live tune

Thanks mate itching to finish work and have a play
  10. Andrew-fn2

Flashpro / live tune

So flash pro just came looks like it does loads of neat stuff lunch control looks good. I've uploaded the group N map so I can have a little play with it. Any one used the group n map? Good experiences? Bad? Going to get it booked in on the rollers I think rather than get some generic map on a etune
  11. Andrew-fn2

Flashpro / live tune

Hi lads, just ordered my Flash pro so I can get the best out of my mods (hks rsk/ cpl racing manifold/invidia system/decat) I heard the live tunes are good and have heard the forum name civicrsa recommend and one had any experience he's South African looks like he knows he's stuff. Until I get...
  12. Andrew-fn2

Used Hondata Flash Pro advise

cheers loxy
  13. Andrew-fn2

Used Hondata Flash Pro advise

Hi lads, i founda second hand flash pro for sale the buyer is suggesting its locked to his old car? see below. "Honda data flash pro think it's locked to my old car which I no longer have. Only used once think these can be unlock but not sure and not got the time to mess about" doesnt make...
  14. Andrew-fn2

Clutch Fuild for bleeding the clutch.

how much fluid would i need if i was to get him to drain the fluid and put new in?
  15. Andrew-fn2

Cheers mate i had been looking at dot 4 but wanted make sure.
  16. Andrew-fn2

Hi lads, clutch peddle is getting rather low so ive been advised to bleed the clutch. i will be getting my mechanic to do it with the service but im ordering all the bits in, my question is what clutch fluid shall i get 4 Dot?? also how much shall i get.
  17. Andrew-fn2

FN2 Flashpro

i would prefer a dyno id like to know how much power the car is making i know its not running as good as it could as it is.
  18. Andrew-fn2

FN2 Flashpro

i got quoted locally and it was nearly 500 quid. going to have to schedule a trip to tdi north..
  19. Andrew-fn2

FN2 Flashpro

What's sort of price is a e-tune vs a dyno loxy?
  20. Andrew-fn2

This one's for you detailers...

Worth the investment, gtechniq is the dog dangly bits I'm sure you will make an improvement with it I got very anal so went for the polisher. You might need some ipa before you put the poor boys on it though mix it 50:50 with water and spray it on after you've used the compound polish and wipe...
  21. Andrew-fn2

https://imageshack.us/user/Andrew-fn2
  22. Andrew-fn2

You weill need a polisher to get rid of serial marks any correction done by hand will be minimal mate. Black is a nightmare took three days to do mine. First attempt tried all the polisher going by hand. They do a lot of cleanyoucar for 220 for a meguires dual action polisher and menzerna pack...
  23. Andrew-fn2

I was warned off the poor boys world as is masks swirls and fills scraches which is fine if that's what you want. But if you want to correct the paint get rid of the swirls then you may need other products I just used a selection of menzerna products and I'm really pleased with how the car came...
  24. Andrew-fn2

FN2 Flashpro

Hi Guys finally going to get a Flash Pro just looking for a bit of advise i was going to chuck it on and run the basic Group N map until i could get it on the rollers but ive read on another forum it not a good idea on a modified engine as it raises the AFR? my mods are HSK RSK, CPL Racing...
  25. Andrew-fn2

Flashpro tuning costs

got some saving to do its got be the most sensable option, I've got a good mechanic but hes not keen on doing the delete he's not sure if it needs timing to be done again if it does he doesnt have the kit for it. I'm alway nervous about take my car to a different mechanic to be honest but...
  26. Andrew-fn2

Flashpro tuning costs

r looks like all roads fn2 related lead to TDi-north, will have to schedule a trip. did they do your balancer shaft delete Loxy? if so how much did they charge and how long did it take them might be worth me getting both done together.
  27. Andrew-fn2

Flashpro tuning costs

Hi lads just had a quote for flash pro Tuning on my fn2. 400-500 quid is this in line with what other owners have payed.
  28. Andrew-fn2

South West garages for remapping???

Didnt notice you live in Dorset, Bridgend might be a bit of drive
  29. Andrew-fn2

South West garages for remapping???

I had call out the other day to got boost in Pyle in near Bridgend (Wales) they have rollers and they do Hondata tuning :) going to take my fn2 there when I get my flash pro
  30. Andrew-fn2

After market cams

I'm waiting for my mugen wing to show up ordered it last week for typerkits, part of me wishes I'd order the delete kit although I'm sure the wing will add 10 bhp alone :cool: lol
  31. Andrew-fn2

After market cams

Sold the focus have you? Didn't you have a fd2 for a bit as well
  32. Andrew-fn2

After market cams

looks like Tdi then, going to get the balancer delete kit and fd2 pump done first though as recommend by Loxy. toying with the idea of some Brembo callipers off a DC5 too mine need servicing so seems like an excuse to upgrade...
  33. Andrew-fn2

My FN2 Mugen Milano!

Offfffff thats nice
  34. Andrew-fn2

AUX connection 2007 FN2

looks like a night mare stripping the dash out, just watched a video.
  35. Andrew-fn2

AUX connection 2007 FN2

Hi guys is there a way to add an AUX connection to the standard radio?
  36. Andrew-fn2

After market cams

The skunk stage 3 kit recommends springs and retainers, I've bought a few bits lately so planning my next spend already. would you recommend the balancer delete kit and fd2 pump to be fitted before upgrading the cams I guess it would make sense. How is much power did you get out of yours NA...
  37. Andrew-fn2

After market cams

Hi guys, anyone gone for upgraded cams in there fn2? I've been looking at a few sets looks like stage 1 cams are drop in with out upgrading springs and retainers but the power junkie in me couldn't stop looking at stage 3 cams obviously titanium springs and retainers are required, my question is...
  38. Andrew-fn2

My 2008 Honda Civic Type R FD2

Nice 8)
  39. Andrew-fn2

Dc5 Brembos on a fn2?

cool, looks like a nice mod for the money. would be interesting the hear what the brake performance gains are compared to OEM and stoptech's basic kit.
  40. Andrew-fn2

Dc5 Brembos on a fn2?

Simple question will they fit, has anyone tried it. they average £500-550 would be a nice upgrade
  41. Andrew-fn2

Leaking Boot

Hi Guys seem to have developed a leak in the boot, the compartment in the boot is rather damp and i'm having trouble finding where its coming in.. is it a common issue?
  42. Andrew-fn2

cpl manifold and decat fitting

yeh flash pro is next on the list, ive got myself a o2 simulator for now so i dont have the light on the dash appartently that splices into the redundant sensors wires.
  43. Andrew-fn2

Green gunk on rear light clusters

think the best way is to remove the lights an clean them with a mold spray going to do mine before japfest looks like a ball ache of a job to get the centre section out
  44. Andrew-fn2

cpl manifold and decat fitting

hi lads, got hold of a cpl racing manifold on flee bay didn't get any documentation with it as its second hand. i've noticed the decat pipe has one sensor fitment and the cat on the car has two is one of the sensors redundant when the decat is fitted?
  45. Andrew-fn2

Invidia full system and cpl race manifold thoughts

cant wait to get it on the motor :)
  46. Andrew-fn2

Invidia full system and cpl race manifold thoughts

Just picked up a Invidia full system and cpl manifold 7 months old for 700 quid seems like a good deal.
  47. Andrew-fn2

Gears crunching

Any recommendations on gear box oil mate or just use the oem all direct from Honda
  48. Andrew-fn2

Gears crunching

Only 2nd and 3rd at high revs in vtec mate. Changes fine other wise.. 65k on the clock, possibly the clutch then?
  49. Andrew-fn2

Gears crunching

Hi lads, anyone had the syncro's done on there fn2?? If so how much did you pay?
  50. Andrew-fn2

abs and vsa light

cheers loxy i will give it a clean and see how i get on, think the last owner put cheap pads on it i get a lot of brake dust build up on the wheels over a week might swap them out while im at it.
  51. Andrew-fn2

abs and vsa light

Hi guys, my ABS and VSA light have just come on nice little happy new year present from the car, any ideas what to try? Is it just the speed sensor? Heard they don't give error codes on this issue on other forums..
  52. Andrew-fn2

Crunching in 2nd and 3rd in vtec :(

Sounds like a good excuse to get a exedy clutch and lightnend fidanza flywheel.
  53. Andrew-fn2

Fg2 turbo kit on a fn2

I wonder if its a case of just using a UK spec turbo manifold. and maybe some custom inter-cooler pipes... I should have been a mechanic not a I.T engineer
  54. Andrew-fn2

yeh I've done it once and it's improved but still catching 3rd was really bad before. I'm going to get it adjusted again we only turned the adjuster once but it's still quiet low, I will let you all know how it turns out.
  55. Andrew-fn2

Yeh, I did have it raised but it still quiet low we only did one full turn on the adjuster. I may get it bought out a bit more.
  56. Andrew-fn2

Hi lads, car has started crucnhing in the vtec from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. Think it may be the synchro's seems to be common issue with this gear box any thing else I can try? It doesn't do it all the time just now and again which is odd but I'm no mechanic..
  57. Andrew-fn2

F2n clutch advice

I had the same problem with mine the bite point was practically on the floor, you can adjust the bite point which has cured my problems of changing gear in the vtec might be worth a go before you go spending here is the guide...
  58. Andrew-fn2

Fg2 turbo kit on a fn2

well spoke to a couple of tuning company's in the states and they basically have no idea if it will fit or not as they don't have any experience with the Euro spec FN2 Type R. its is definitely a suck it and see job.
  59. Andrew-fn2

NOS kits?

i would love a turbo kit, from what i can see there is only one company providing a kit for the FN2 at present and its quiet pricey. im looking in to turbo kits from the USA for the Civic Si k20z3 engines and i cant get a concrete answer as to whether it will fit or not, basically because they...
  60. Andrew-fn2

Fg2 turbo kit on a fn2

If it fits Greedy do a kit and it works out at 2500 + import tax and shipping or a TSi kit is just under 2k plus import tax and shipping. Some big savings to be had! Let's hope this Honda tunning company gets back to me.
  61. Andrew-fn2

Fg2 turbo kit on a fn2

i will see if I can find someone helpful in the states, it would be interesting if it does fit. I've no doubt the quality of tdi's kit will be superior by far but my pockets are not deep enough for the conversion unless I can flog a kidney on eBay.
  62. Andrew-fn2

Fg2 turbo kit on a fn2

there doesn't seem to be a lot of manufacturers of turbo kits for the fn2 unlike the jdm and usdm Variations. You think the turbo/manifold might foul the firewall. I guess it's a suck it and see job
  63. Andrew-fn2

Fg2 turbo kit on a fn2

Alright lads, will. Fg2 turbo kit work on a fn2... I know its diffrent version of the k20z but surely the manifold will be this same etc. The cost of a kit for the U.S si verses the euro fn2 is ridiculous, I'm no car buff so any toughts guys...
  64. Andrew-fn2

NOS kits?

This is why I've asked the question to see if anyone has done it really, I knew a guy who had it on his s2000 unfortunately he didn't go for a progressive controller and wrapped it around a lamp post. Diffrent ecu I know, turbo is the goal but it will cost as much as the car to get it done...
  65. Andrew-fn2

NOS kits?

Anyone fitted a NOS kit to there k20?? been looking at big power upgrades turbos and superchargers are going to take some saving and it looks like turbo is the better and more reliable option. so i have been looking at NOS kits with a progressive controller which is significantly cheaper, has...
  66. Andrew-fn2

If you own a black CTR this is a must!

Well I have a mate who details cars as a hobby and he pointed me in the direction of these products to freshen up my paint work. http://www.poorboysworld.com/blackhole.htm and http://www.dodojuice.com/blue-velvet-carnauba-car-wax.html so I gave them a crack, I've got a few swirl marks on my...
  67. Andrew-fn2

Fn2 induction kit advice

Ahhh gutted, missed out on a miltek system yesterday too! To slow clearly lol
  68. Andrew-fn2

Fn2 induction kit advice

Are you looking to sell your hks on? I may be interested
  69. Andrew-fn2

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

Can I get a set of these external stickers please mate sending the payment now
  70. Andrew-fn2

Fn2 induction kit advice

Looks fantastic the hks, I've heard you get very little gains from it though as it suffers from heat soak due to the location of the cone filter
  71. Andrew-fn2

That's what I thought, any tips on how to stop it reoccurring once it's clean
  72. Andrew-fn2

Hi lads, I've got some green moss/mold around the edges of my rear light clusters. Any one got any cleaning tips with out removing the center section. Read on another forum to use a syringe with a neddle and inject diluted bleach into the channel around the lights... No really happy to put...
  73. Andrew-fn2

Fn2 mugen wing

Think I will go for the replica its kinder on my pocket plus lots of good reviews online
  74. Andrew-fn2

Fn2 mugen wing

Great advice as always loxy
  75. Andrew-fn2

Fn2 mugen wing

Hi lads, has anyone had a replica Mugen wing for there FN2 CTR if so what was the fitment like and where did you get it from and most importantly how much.
  76. Andrew-fn2

SKUNK2 CAI HONDA CIVIC TYPE R FN2

I like the look of it and I'm more for functionality than sound plus it's carbon I'm planning on detailing the engine bay with a carbon slam panel and a few other bits so it would fit in nicely
  77. Andrew-fn2

Thanks Loxy, i like the look of this one plus i have experience with Skunk2 products from my B16A2 days so i know there top quality, i was planning on fitting the kit myself bit nervous about trimming chassis bits off though lol. i watched a video on youtube but it was being fitted on a Si which...
  78. Andrew-fn2

Hi guys, has any one got one of these fitted to a FN2? if so how was it to fit and was any extra modifications required other than battery,coolant tank and ecu relocation. also any noticeable gains over standard.
  79. Andrew-fn2

Fn2 induction kit advice

I Had been looking at the Tegiwa kit as I had heard about heat soak issues with the open cone filters, I hadnt looked at the Skunk2 filter though so thanks for that I will have a look at that one. I am going to get a invida exhaust system and a a hondata flash pro later on in the year from what...
  80. Andrew-fn2

Fn2 induction kit advice

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and a new proud owner of a Fn2 type R, I've owned a eg6 vti before and I know tunning is limited on Hondas as far as big power gains with out forced induction. Can any one offer me some advice on induction kits what's the best performer bhp wise? Car is standard at...
Back