• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. mark1983

FN2 life?

I know but in nit so great mood mate, how do u delete an account on here? I can't figure it out ha
  2. mark1983

FN2 life?

Some people need to get one.
  3. mark1983

FN2 m3 e46?

I had a play with one of these last night and I kind of thoughthing he'd kick my behind, but it was no where near how bad I thought, I was behind him going round a corner that enters a dual carriageway , and we both put our foot down I might of got mine down first in second , but there wasn't...
  4. mark1983

FN2 is a catback worth it?

Well had the cat back done and all I can say is, wow, the noise in vtec sounds like an f1 car, it's custom made 2.5 inch, I tried to get him to make it quite enough to drive everyday and he's done that, but once you open her up its amazing. Money well spent .
  5. mark1983

I notied a difference just by smoothing airbox and putting air feed from front bumper, problem is they can't fit me in for ages for tune, so think I'm gonna get a cat back and some other bits till about may next year then get it remapped.
  6. mark1983

FN2 First Type R (FN2)

I haven't found my car to bad with stone chips but I make a point of making sure I stay well behind on motorway or b,road's, just to avoid them,
  7. mark1983

FN2 Fm transmitter

See I've been looking for that as well but can't find anything anywhere for it.
  8. mark1983

FN2 Fm transmitter

It's the little box with the two wires that plugs into back of the stereo, think there about 30 pounds, I've took stereo out before its only a 20 min jib to get it out.
  9. mark1983

Cool thanks for that, I don't know anyone who could put me through not if I took be pipe off unfortunately. Thanks for the help pal.
  10. mark1983

I'm only looking for 220-230 bhp, just wanted to know if a catback will add enough to warrant doing it for power gains.
  11. mark1983

No mate want it to be almost as quite as it is now, I don't mind it being a little louder, just don't want it to drone on long drives.
  12. mark1983

As above so far I've done air mod box with k&n drop in filter, and had a lightened flywheel fitted, now I'm contemplating either a catback, or just getting it remapped at tdi north's, I'm not bothered about the noise as the garage that will be fitting it I've asked to keep the noise minimal...
  13. mark1983

FN2 Fm transmitter

I've got something similar, does the job, gonna buy a proper one soon and route it through dash,
  14. mark1983

FN2 what are the plastic clips called?

Uhhhh like them. Thanks
  15. mark1983

There the things cheers mate looking for coloured ones but need them as well as I'm gonna take the front bumper off soon. Thanks again
  16. mark1983

Trying to find upgraded versions of the plastic clips that hold the plastic trim under bonnet on, any one any ideas? Cheers
  17. mark1983

FN2 is it worth getting light weight flywheel with clutch change?

Can't really afford lsd yet, I'm getting it fitted at grinspeed in Leyland, not sure what make the flywheel.
  18. mark1983

Eventually yeah, so far Ive just done the Hondata airbox mod and put a k&n panel filter in, plan on exhaust next then remap from tdi north's.
  19. mark1983

Hmmm, not sure what to do, be good to hear from someone who's done this mod already and see what they think.
  20. mark1983

As above guys, on fn2 type r, just booked in at grinspeed, thinking of having lightened fly wheel fitted while it's off, just wondering If it's worth it, cheers
  21. mark1983

FN2 starting question fn2 type r

Think it's the starter or fly wheel after hearing it from the outside, can hear it spinning.
  22. mark1983

I asked at bcc how much battery was and was about 55 quid all in, so he said let me check it first, oh well I'll just see what happens ha.
  23. mark1983

Yeah it is mate an 07
  24. mark1983

Just to let everyone know I've had battery tested and alternator and there both spot on. So it's a strange one, ive sat in car waited about 10 seconds before trying to start and it's been fine so god knows why it does it.
  25. mark1983

FN2 Suspension Squeak

So just get some grease with a long straw and give it a good spray?
  26. mark1983

Cheers loxy, I'll keep an eye on it.
  27. mark1983

The battery is quite new, it's strange because nothing happens just a click, there's no noise to suggest anything is spinning, if you sit in car for maybe 10 seconds before I do anything once I've out key in, in always fires up, it only happens if I do it to fast, while the fans and radio are...
  28. mark1983

FN2 Suspension Squeak

Is there anyway of fixing it without having to buy them parts?
  29. mark1983

As above guys, since I've had the car I've noticed now and then when I get in car and turn key and press start nothing happens, I hear a click noise from the button but that's it, I give it a couple of seconds and bam, starts up no problem, I've noticed that if I try start it up when Ive just...
  30. mark1983

FN2 where to put oil catch can

As above guys, just waiting on one being delivered but can't think which pipes to connect to it, is it the pcv in to crankcase or not? Cheers
  31. mark1983

FN2 oil question on type r fn2

Bloody hell, so I've done alright in 5k with 1 litre ha, think I'll start checking regularly as all my other cars never used it
  32. mark1983

FN2 oil question on type r fn2

Last week I had the check oil light come on so thought right better get some, so topped up with 500ml and was OK, then today it did it again so I topped up to top again, and when I set off it said it again, anyways, I've been out in it again a couple more times and it's been fine, how much oil...
  33. mark1983

FN2 fn2 type r misfire?????

Right I took 2 out and it was covered in a brown powder and I thought oh great, so took out spark plug and that looked fine, so took out cylinder 3 plug and pack out and that was fine and the plug was in same condition as the one in 2, so I cleaned the one with the powder and I put cylinder 3 in...
  34. mark1983

Oh and which one is cylinder 2? Cheers
  35. mark1983

I also put about 500 ml of oik in other week as it said low oil so topped it up and it came back on today and it was back in the middle of stick so topped up again, could this be related?
  36. mark1983

Yeah good idea will have to try that tonight looks easy enough to do.
  37. mark1983

As above guys only started today, if I put my foot down a bit in 2nd and up from around 2000 rpm the car feels like it's hesitating and if you listen sounds like it's misfiring under load, I plugged my diagnostic thing in and it said misfire detected in cylinder 2, what could be causing it...
  38. mark1983

FN2 is it worth getting a fn2 type r tuned with hondata.

Cool think I'll get this done when service is due at end of April cheers chaps
  39. mark1983

I called them the other day and they can do another thing now where they apply for a license so they can reprogramme the ecu and for everything costs 650 .
  40. mark1983

FN2 oil catch can? anyone got one?

As above and are there any benifit other than stopping oil te entering? Cheers
  41. mark1983

FN2 FN2 External Temperature Gauge High Readings

Ahhh fair enough. Good to know.
  42. mark1983

As above guys, thinking of getting it chipped I know it's expensive but if it's worth it I might get it done at tdi norths, when service is due. All I have on car is a k&n panel filter, cheers
  43. mark1983

FN2 FN2 External Temperature Gauge High Readings

You can change the settings for the temperature through the steering wheel menu, u can add or minus might be a defile setting after disconnecting the battery.
  44. mark1983

FN2 nearly two months in on fn2 type r

Might of wedged itself in
  45. mark1983

I have seen somewhere about heats held apperently it's a easy fix
  46. mark1983

I do same everyone gets in passenger side haha, that noise might be the subframe creak, dirt gets into it and makes that noise there's something on Google looks an easy job remove 3 bolts loosen another and give it a good clean, I'm going to do it when weather gets nicer.
  47. mark1983

It's really easy to do when I did it took about 45 mins if I did it again it would probably take 20 minutes if that, now I know what I'm doing, still might do eventually,but I'm happy for now.
  48. mark1983

I've put a k&n panel filter in and when you put your foot down it makes a noticable change in tone, I had same problem with aux, I bought something off eBay but it didn't work, after ripping all the dash out, there are other ones for about 30 quid but I thought can't be bothered doing that...
  49. mark1983

FN2 when does the aux belt need changing?

Yeah definitely aux belt mate, looks a little faded but all other pictures I see on Internet look about the same
  50. mark1983

Yeah motorway and broads are fine but where o am there's potholes and speed bumps all over.
  51. mark1983

Yeah true, might pay for service this year and then do it myself from the following year as I plan on keeping it a good while.
  52. mark1983

After doing nearly 3000 miles in nearly two months I've grown very fond of my car, all the little niggles that worried me at the beginning are still exactly the same and haven't got worse so this must be how the car is. Only bad thing about it is the ride on bumpyish roads, but other than that I...
  53. mark1983

FN2 when does the aux belt need changing?

As above on 2007 type r cheers guys, cars done 35000 miles.
  54. mark1983

FN2 different fuels.

I wouldn't mind trying momentum, but don't think there are any local tescos that sell it.
  55. mark1983

FN2 Rust along the windscreen seal

I'm taking mine when I take it for a service, I took it to a local garage to see how much it *** cost from there and was quoted 200 pounds, he said best thing to do so it dosent get any worse is wait till its dried and put loads of grease under the seal and that will stop it getting any worse.
  56. mark1983

FN2 Whats It Worth? Advice.

Yeah 3 months
  57. mark1983

FN2 Whats It Worth? Advice.

I paid 7950 for mine just over a month ago with 32000 and full service from car place mines 07 plate
  58. mark1983

FN2 different fuels.

It's probably in my head more than anything, they did do a show one on a golf gti none turbo and on v power it gained 6 bhp above normal ones but that's not enough to notice on the road. I usually use v power as it cleans and lubricates.
  59. mark1983

FN2 different fuels.

No just a type r, but It seems alot smoother and also I can tell the difference when vtec engages, it's not chipped either I don't think only had it a month.
  60. mark1983

FN2 different fuels.

Just put texaco fuel in today as it was closer as I usually put in shell v power, and I'll never put anything else in again v power is superior the difference I've noticed on normal fuel is amazing. V power really does do what it says on the tin.
  61. mark1983

FN2 anyway to check clutch health?

Just let everyone know I took car to garage juat to check it and all is fine, garage guy says everything feels ok just a little weird to him, he said it just wants to grab and go, so I'm happy with that as he fixes mainly jap cars.
  62. mark1983

FN2 easiest and fastest way to fill hole on gear box?

Cheers I'll do air box then, I've got a 30ml syringe I can use to put it in as it says to only put 5% of what's already in, thanks for that loxy helpful as always.
  63. mark1983

Which would you say is fastest including taking wheel off? I've got a jack I'm juat lazy and like the easiest fastest way haha
  64. mark1983

As above, is there a quick way of getting to gearbox so I can put an additive in, without having to take wheel off, thanks guys
  65. mark1983

FN2 what oil and gearbox oil does everyone recommend for type r fn2?

As above cheers guys thinking of changing it soon and what to know what every one else is using.
  66. mark1983

FN2 just noticed slight rust along window seal

I've read that the warranty should be 12 years as there covered for 12 years corrosion, I've even read some people claim as it's a design flaw there responsible for it and have it done for free under that.gonna take it soon and see what they day and print the bulletin for it when I go.
  67. mark1983

Not yet mate, haven't been yet, I've put some stop rust on it for now, gonna take it soon, I've read a few more threads on the Internet and most haven't got it done as they have to pay, still going to try though, if not there's a few places round here that can do it, won't cos more than 150...
  68. mark1983

FN2 how often do the radiator fans kick in on type r fn2

I don't ever have the ac on unless it comes on depending on the mode I put it on.
  69. mark1983

FN2 how often do the radiator fans kick in on type r fn2

As above cheers guys I notice once it's warmed up that if I'm still for around 30 seconds the fans kick in for about 5-10 seconds then on after another 30 seconds or so, is that normal? Cheers
  70. mark1983

Cheers for that, I've had it at garage and they have checked everything, and he says he can't fault it. Must just be me with not being used to it yet, it dosent crunch gears ever Ive done it a couple of times from first to second, at high revs but that's because I try do it to quick, I've...
  71. mark1983

Cheers I'll try that
  72. mark1983

FN2 moving biting point on clutch?

Yesterday I changed the travel of my clutch abit, usually it bites near the bottom and even after I changed it, it still was near the bottom, when I got home after a drive I noticed the bite point was near the top, and this morning it was near the bottom, what could cause this? Or was it because...
  73. mark1983

FN2 breaking?

No cars normal, think tyres are juat crap really.wheels spin to easy even if setting off gently, going to get some new tyres soon but higher profile to help with the ride, roads around here are terrible.
  74. mark1983

FN2 1st and reverse problem or maybe just me.

I've put something down about this already but need a little more information, basically when car is cold first gear goes in easy even when warm it's usually fine but on the odd occasion it dosent want to go in unless I either take it out and push clutch again or put it in third and back to...
  75. mark1983

I've only had a car just over a week and I'm sure I had a good look when I bought it and I couldn't see any unless I wasn't looking hard enough, it is only very slightly but would honda still cover this as it's 7 years old now, cheers guys Just spoke to honda who gave me my local honda number...
  76. mark1983

FN2 breaking?

To be honest mate I don't know what tyres are on but the tread is ok, might just be the weather and not being used to it yet,
  77. mark1983

have you named your car?

Mines called Wonda. Haha
  78. mark1983

first week of owning my fn2 type r.

Well I have to say after the last two days of driving on b roads for two hours this car makes alot of sense, and I love it alot more than I did. At first I thought rides abit harsh and it's not as comfy and you really have to drive it, where as my focus 2.0 tdci was easy to drive and very comfy...
  79. mark1983

Ahhh cool, I've tried running it up a step hill in as higher gear as possible to see if it slips as I've seen that somewhere before and it seems fine to me I might try that next, I drive the car alot in 5th from 30 mph just for mpg but I suppose you mean try and start in 5th? Thanks for reply mate
  80. mark1983

FN2 breaking?

No not really, drive it abit like a grandad to be honest, apart from the last two days, been up to lakes on the b roads and the car makes alot of sense on these roads I could of gone on m6 but that's just boring, but just realising the breaks feel a little rubbish and I can feel the abs wanting...
  81. mark1983

As above guys really, juat feels weird to me, and I find sometimes if I rev hard in first and change to second I can crunch the gears but maybe it's me and getting used to the car, because if I think about it as I'm doing it it's usually fine, and also the is a creak at the bottom of the push...
  82. mark1983

FN2 creaking/tapping noise in car

Just to let everyone know I sussed what the noise was, I put the rear seats down in car and that stopped the noise to I got some kitchen roll for now and wedged it between the seat and it has gone will get something proper to sort it but that's all it was.
  83. mark1983

FN2 breaking?

Just a quick one guys, when breaking is it normal for the abs to kick in easy, reason I ask is I've never had a car to have abs kick in so easy and it's a scarey to be honest at times. Cheers guys
  84. mark1983

FN2 light cluster for radio and air con

Well I saw a these somewhere with people having the same problem, and I thought I'd try that just to press it against the contacts again and it's not done it since.
  85. mark1983

FN2 light cluster for radio and air con

Fixed the display I was having problem with, once I opened it up I put some card in where I push and it comes back on to make sure the contacts are touching, and hey presto working properly again.
  86. mark1983

FN2 can u bump start a type r?

Think my bat is on its way out so going to get a new one tomz but if the battery does fail can I push it up to speed and bump it? Being on a chain timing belt can you do this or will it damage my car?
  87. mark1983

FN2 think one of these will do the trick for now.

Yeah true might do the air box mod that will be better I think.
  88. mark1983

Yeah that's true
  89. mark1983

http://www.teamjapspeed.co.uk/japspeed-test-the-new-honda-civic-type-r-fn2-air-filter-kit/
  90. mark1983

FN2 battery question?

Cheers mate the inside the battery there's like a red dot with blue around it that says on the battery it's fine, unless that's just the fluid level, looks an easy job I'll just replace it I think, and I found when I turn main head lights on the interior lights dim
  91. mark1983

FN2 battery question?

As above guys when I come to start car in morning if I turn key and the blowers ate already on car won't start won't even crank over, but if I turn them off and press start it fires up first time, anyone else having this issue or no what it is or is it normal? Cheers chaps.
  92. mark1983

FN2 fill hole on gearbox?

Ahhh cheers mate the reverse gear thing I was struggling with only does it now and then and if it does do it, if I raise the clutch so it bites and lower it again it comes out fine it's very strange, cheers loxy
  93. mark1983

FN2 fill hole on gearbox?

Hi guys another question, where is the fill hole on the gearbox? And Also The Clutch Movement Seems Very Small On My Car like maybe 5 inch travel if that, is that normal? Cheers guys
  94. mark1983

Yeah I took the parcel shelf off and made no difference I'll check the other 2 next cheers matey
  95. mark1983

As above really guys coming from inside car on drivers side at the rear and it's doing my head in sounds like creaking/tapping, any ideas what it is so I can make it stop I'll end up going mental. Cheers chaps
  96. mark1983

FN2 just bought car and noticing a weird noise

Checked clutch fluid and it was a little low so topped it up but it still does it but have figured away round it now I just get it to biting point and depress clutch and it comes out fine, really strange *** and only does it once it's warmed up.
  97. mark1983

FN2 oil additives?

Cheers chaps
Back