• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. xSythan

DC5 Drivers door will not open even with key/keyfob or from inside

Hi guys, been a while since I posted I've had a DC5 now for a few weeks not really driven it was stood for 3 weeks it went flat had no ignition which is when I found out my drivers door wouldn't open and the central locking wouldn't work due to it being dead so I had to jump it off my other car...
  2. xSythan

Stoptech Touring Kit getting fitted wheel question?

Hi all, So im having the Stoptech touring kit fitted next month and im wondering which other wheels will fit clearing the brakes without spacers just debating my options also it cant be more than 7.5J as i want to use my tyres from these wheels as they are still virtually brand new size 215 45...
  3. xSythan

ep3 Mugen Carbon Spoiler

Anyone bought one of these off ebay? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civic-Mugen-EP3-Type-R-Carbon-Fibre-Blade-Boot-Spoiler-01-05-Brand-New-/301526900542?hash=item4634675f3e:g:N2gAAOSwZjJU3MZO Im aware there are a fair few copys around the internet such as the full seibon carbon one or knight...
  4. xSythan

Squeaking noise frustrating me constantly there brakes?

Hi all, So there is a noise very faint high pitched squeal (usually comes on as the car has been moving about a mile sometimes comes on straight away) I can hear it louder when moving slower windows down but the noise sounds slower like...squeak...gap...squeak...gap I can hear the sound speed...
  5. xSythan

K100/Kpro decat manifold 02 sensor?

Hi all probably been discussed before but when fitting a decat manifold do you need an 02 simulator to stop the engine check light coming on even if your having the car custom mapped?
  6. xSythan

Squeaking sound when turning left and seems to do it when going over bumps

I have just had a sound start today it's a Squeaking sound when turning left and seems to do it when going over bumps too without turning too it sounds like it's coming from the right side of the car when both windows are down. I have eibach springs and rear camber arms and bolts fitted at...
  7. xSythan

M2 Intake manifold new *2015*

Hi, So i'm looking at buying an upgraded inlet manifold next year and I know I've mentioned this particular inlet manifold before in previous posts and I know a few other members from here are interested to see what results people have had with it. So any input from anyone that's had one fitted...
  8. xSythan

Top speed what have people hit in Ep3 Type Rs i'm curious?

Just wondering what top speeds people have achieved and is your car stock or modified? I'm driving an Ep3 premier Type R running a DC sports cat back and a Tegiwa M airbox car is on eibach sport line springs and camber+FRSU full interior. Now I know the clock is out by about 3 mph by GPS...
  9. xSythan

xSythan's Ep3 Premier Edition Type R Build Thread

Car current spec: Engine: DC sports Cat Back Exhaust Tegiwa M Carbon Induction kit Tegiwa Red Silicone Hose Password Black Battery Tie Mugen Reservoir Socks Japspeed 4-2-1 decat manifold M2 Inlet Manifold K100 ECU - Dyno tuned at TDI North 247.8bhp Handling: Eibach Sport Line Springs (30mm...
  10. xSythan

M2 Intake Mainofld anyone got this or know any info?

http://www.m2motorsport.co.uk/acatalog/M2-RSIM-K20-73--M2-RACING-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-K20A-70mm-4371.html Seen this and been recommended it by TDI north but there's very little info about it as its a fairly new product im guessing anyone had this fitted or know if its as good as the 70mm RBC etc? Cheers
  11. xSythan

Whats the best Coilovers for Ep3 Type R Mainly road driven not tack?

Hi, Looking to spend under £800 on a set of coil overs for my ep3 type r at the minute im looking between these 3 below but i don't really know anything about coil overs as ive never had them on any of my cars so im really after advice if anyone who's had any of these on their cars or knows any...
  12. xSythan

Lowering springs Eibach pro kit 15mm drop or Eibach sport 30mm which ones?

Hi all, Any recommendations on which Eibach springs are best the pro kit or sport line looking at them from here: http://www.eightspeed.co.uk/acatalog/EP3_Springs.html I obviously want the better handling but want the it to look good and sit well without scraping on every bump if any one has...
  13. xSythan

Help removing calipers please??? Any guides available?

So, I am getting all 4 callipers rebuilt and painted red in October, I have been quoted around £250 from a friend of a friend I thought this was good as the best I have had up to now before this is around £400+ The only issue I have is he is collecting the callipers from me so they need to be...
  14. xSythan

Nankang NS2R what sizes for standard wheels??? VS yokohama advan neova ad08r

Hi All, Does anyone know which size Nankang NS2Rs will fit the standard ep3 type r 17 inch wheels I cant find any with 205/45/r17 88w am I looking at the wrong sizes? Also what's people opinions on the Nankangs VS the yokohama advan neova ad08r which is all round better if a winner? Cheers
  15. xSythan

Wheels getting refurbished not sure on what to do

Wheels are getting refurbed in about 2 weeks and im undecided wether to go gloss grey or bronze or get diamond cut wheels I cant make my mind up, I like the rota grid drift alloys in bronze (cant afford these at the minute) but im not sure what that colour would look like on the standard ep3...
  16. xSythan

Tegiwa M Purchased!! Finally

Finally decided to bite the bullet and go for the Tegiwa M intake always wanted it so why not! Need them proven gains. Im not looking forward to cutting the scuttle panel... but there's plenty of guides so im sure I cant muck it up too much! will post some pics during/once fitted wish me luck :p...
  17. xSythan

How much power will I make with these mods? Exhaust/Induction/421/Intake mani/k100

Just after an idea of power figures before I splash the cash! Currently standard car with: DC Sports Cat back Exhaust K&N Apollo Induction kit I would like to know what the best route is for figures around 240bhp?? This is what I was looking at buying and hoping to achieve around these...
  18. xSythan

Finally New Brakes EBC discs brembo pads

After a fair bit of cash later finally fitted some EBC Ulitmax front and rear discs with brembo pads all round! As you can see the rears were in dying need for discs :p
  19. xSythan

Brake Caliper rebuild and painting Ideas?

So my callipers keep sticking so I've decided I need to get them rebuilt and I want the callipers painting red. Does anyone know anywhere I can take my car that will remove the callipers and do this work and put them back on, as all the places I have enquired so far I have to send them the...
  20. xSythan

What Wheel Nuts??

Anyone have any suggestions on what wheel nuts to upgrade to I like the open ended type ideally in Red/Black/Silver? I want a good quality set where the colour isn't going to scratch off if the wheels are getting removed regularly Any advice appreciated feel free to post links
  21. xSythan

Sticking Calliper Help? Calliper Rebuild Maybe?

I was informed by Honda on my last service my callipers were sticking so I paid them to have them stripped down and cleaned! Just had my car back in the garage to a friend of mines garage and I had some front discs and pads fitted and he said one of my front callipers is still sticking, would a...
  22. xSythan

Can anyone tell me if this is the belt thats to the left of the engine???

http://japserviceparts.co.uk/civic/honda-civic-ep3-type-r-01-on/gates-alternator-serpentine-belt-ep3-k20a-with-air-conditioning.html As highlighted in the picture anyone know if this is that? Thanks
  23. xSythan

Nighthawk Black Ep3 Type R Premier Edition

xSythan's Type R Ep3 premier edition Took some shots last weekend after a full polish/wax interior clean
  24. xSythan

345 Miles Full Tank Shell V-Power

Filled up using Shell V-Power as usual last weekend and drove from hull to Warwickshire then to Sheffield the back to hull was almost a 300 mile round trip then got 3 more runs to work out of it during the week I was amazed that I averaged 38mpg!! :o £50 to fill didn't go over 70 at all and I...
  25. xSythan

DC Sports Cat back?? Buddyclub HKS etc

So I've narrowed it down to now Looking at buying a DC sports Cat back in June anyone who has one or has heard one what do you think of it? Looking for good bhp gains once I get a full 421 and inlet mani and good sound in vtec no loud droning is this the right exhaust for me? Looking for a good...
  26. xSythan

Need help with fitting indicator lense on wing mirror??

Sorry if I posted this in wrong area I am new to the forum, I would appreciate any help on how to change the indicator lens on the drivers wing mirror on my ep3 facelift type r, it was smashed when I bought the car and I want to get it fixed the part is £48 quoted by Honda which I will buy if I...
Back