• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC Sports Cat back?? Buddyclub HKS etc

So I've narrowed it down to now Looking at buying a DC sports Cat back in June anyone who has one or has heard one what do you think of it?
Looking for good bhp gains once I get a full 421 and inlet mani and good sound in vtec no loud droning is this the right exhaust for me? Looking for a good brand that's not going to ruin my ears and look like a hooligan pulling up to the office. Not interested in Tegiwa it sounds a bit too quiet!:p
I used to own a BC Pro spec with custom unsilenced b pipe and it was stupid loud like 120db on start up idle :evil: so nothing like that either!
HKS hi power the mild steel b pipe puts me off??
Spoon N1 looks like a pea shooter (no offense)
Skunk mega power 60mm how loud is this compared to mega power r and realistically what are the power differences?
Then im not sure on the cheaper brands if they are any good ie: scorpion/cobra/m2 etc

Any exhaust advice appreciated :)

Just bought a DC sports cat back for a bargain price! will be getting it fitted soon as possible will update soon as fitted pics/video
Next to come is 2x Toyo Proxes T1R on the front & full discs and pads all round

Had a DC Sports on my DC5.

Was pretty quiet when you wanted it to be but sounded nice when accelerating.

Also gave little pops when you let off.

Hi there

Personally we've fitted several exhausts:

Magnex has have massive drone in motorway speeds,sounded nice in higher rpm
Scorpion has have nice sound and drone has been there,but not such as Magnex
Tanabe Tuner Medalion which we have right now,have awesome sound almost like superbike and still is very quiet when needs to be,if you are driving in town etc and when you push the car,sound is so awesome
HKS Hi-Power has have great sound overal,I've loved sound,no drone at all at motorway speeds and sound great in very high rpm

Really depends on more factors,we are run 2.25" at 382bhp on our EP3 and due this I wouldn't go down the route of the 3"

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

**Update**
Exhaust is getting fitted next Wednesday cleaned it all up and got fresh gaskets to go on.
Possibly getting some discs and pads all round at the same time guy who owns the garage is a good mate of my dads and one of the guys there used to have an ep3 and bought some discs and brembo pads im not sure exactly what the discs are but he said they have the coating around the hub and they cost over £200 just for the front discs so fingers crossed they are something like stoptech as im sure he said I can have the lot for cheap anyway I will see on Wednesday and can decide then will post update and pics when work is complete :D next month to come is 2 new toyo t1rs for the front woo and my insurance is due next month :(

Hey man I can't speak for the ep3 dc sports cat back, but I had one on my Hyundai Coupe and the fitment was terrible, it never aligned properly to a dc header decat. I paid good money for both as well, so defo not reps. Ended up having to cut an old bit of exhaust and weld it on to fit. It was honestly booming loud barely touching the throttle lol. Switched the header/cat to og and it sounded amazing. Anyways that was an old coupe, likely alot better on an ep3 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a short video of it also on my channel is stock exhaust to compare sound! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T7aZXuqu84
I have had EBC grooved discs fitted to the front (paid £50 for them off a mechanic on his car for 3 months he paid £260 for them)will be buying some for the rear ebc discs full price next month with two Toyo t1rs for the front

**Update**
Exhaust is getting fitted next Wednesday cleaned it all up and got fresh gaskets to go on.
Possibly getting some discs and pads all round at the same time guy who owns the garage is a good mate of my dads and one of the guys there used to have an ep3 and bought some discs and brembo pads im not sure exactly what the discs are but he said they have the coating around the hub and they cost over £200 just for the front discs so fingers crossed they are something like stoptech as im sure he said I can have the lot for cheap anyway I will see on Wednesday and can decide then will post update and pics when work is complete :D next month to come is 2 new toyo t1rs for the front woo and my insurance is due next month :(
Hi,
If you need any help with your insurance renewal then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Sounds good that, especially on down shift:) , think I'm going to go for the skunk 2 megapower r hopefully soon. I've got a scorpion silenced cat back on at the moment and it's just way to quiet for me.

Its louder than i expected tbh i had a scorpion on my clio 182 and it wasnt barely louder than standard car! buddy club is ear destroying loud i enjoyed it for a month then it just annoyed me the DRONE skunk megapower sounds well though :D

Is there any drone with the DC sports at motorway speeds? Looking into a new exhaust but hate droney exhausts.

Is there any drone with the DC sports at motorway speeds? Looking into a new exhaust but hate droney exhausts.

Its not bad atall if you keep your foot at one speed but if you floor it there's abit of deep sound then vtec is all rasp! and it's pretty noisy in a morning on cold start. avoid buddyclub and skunk unless you want drone and scorpions don't drone but I think they are barely louder than stock same goes for tegiwa if your not after any sound and just performance then go tegiwa or scorpion most other brands are loud

I'm undecided between tegiwa or hks. Like the style and sound of the hks but don't want another droney exhaust. I did like the sound of the dc sports in your vid

I'm undecided between tegiwa or hks. Like the style and sound of the hks but don't want another droney exhaust. I did like the sound of the dc sports in your vid

Yeh I was toying with a hks at one point but I got the DC for a bargain and it's cleaned up well tbh it is fairly loud still I don't drive mine that much and rarely on the motorway so if you do then I'd maybe stick with the 2 options you're debating mate :)

Back