• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. MB CTR

FK2 Clutch valve delay removal

it delays clutch engagement but doesn't do anything for disengagement, so I fail to see how it does anything to help (please prove me wrong though), I think it's one of those American YouTube special mods.
  2. MB CTR

FK2 FK2 2017 - HEADLIGHTS WON'T ADJUST HIGH ENOUGH!

https://www.civinfo.com/threads/self-levelling-headlight-rods-arms.425587/
  3. MB CTR

EP3 FK2 Rev Hang

I read the other day rev hang is all to do with emissions as it stops any lean or rich mixtures
  4. MB CTR

FK2 FK2 aftermarket intercooler

wagner for me
  5. MB CTR

FK2 low key fob battery warning

sorry for the late reply the battery was indeed the issue, bought some duracell's and its fine now
  6. MB CTR

just checked the packet and there's no dates so I'll go and get a decent band and try that
  7. MB CTR

so had the warning about the key battery so I've replaced it but the warning is still coming up? is there a process to do to reset it or will it go after a few starts? I've had a quick look in the manual and it doesn't say anything other than replace the battery. old battery was reading...
  8. MB CTR

FK2 Front lower grille

it's a bumper off job as held on by screws on the back I've got a genuine black sports grille to go on but not got round to it yet, been sat in the box for 6 months :rolleyes:
  9. MB CTR

FK2 T valve mod

you need a cheap hose connector and a cap or like I did a bolt, no point spending 15 quid on a 'kit' and its its a preventative mod (unless the valve has failed). but yes its a bit of a **** of a job, I struggled to get my hands in there and the pipes were on tight.
  10. MB CTR

FK2 Front lip and rear diffuser removal

the front splitter is stuck on as well as clipped and I think bolted, I had mine painted whilst still attached to the bumper to save ruining anything
  11. MB CTR

FK2 What can a stock FK2 beat?

mines not stock so :rolleyes:
  12. MB CTR

FK2 Need some opinions

couple of different angles for you
  13. MB CTR

FK2 Need some opinions

I personally think with black skirts above looks best, now I've colour coded it could go in either position. above looks a little closer to the fn2 positioning I think
  14. MB CTR

FK2 Need some opinions

this is mine
  15. MB CTR

FK2 FK2 general discussion

yes because my car hasn't moved for 2 months whilst I sorted out brakes and with the alarm going off in all this stormy weather, the battery was flat, plugged in my ctek for a few hours and started straight up if you've only done short journeys recently or been sat for a while it'll need a good...
  16. MB CTR

FK2 Downpipe with Remus exhaust

I think the scorpion one is the only one that might not fit otherwise they are all a like for like fit with oem
  17. MB CTR

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

I'm thinking of giving the new goodyears a go next, the only issue I had in the past on previous cars is the grip falls off a cliff towards the end
  18. MB CTR

FK2 Drivers who feel compelled to race you

it's all the fun of forums ;)
  19. MB CTR

could have been a modded 535 or something dressed in m5 gear as it just sat next to me but sounded a bit meaty
  20. MB CTR

the other possibility is it was a well done replica
  21. MB CTR

can I have some of what you're on :p
  22. MB CTR

the m5 should have left me but didn't so I hope he wasn't trying and he definitely wasn't just on the way to work as slowed down to get along side me then accelerated hard (then proceeded to follow me, up my chuff for a few miles until I turned off) I'm definitely not trying to troll this thread...
  23. MB CTR

I had a brand new m5 try it on yesterday, I want to say he wasn't trying but he looked less and less pleased with himself as I was still sat next to him (my car is mapped but would have thought the m5 would have pulled away)
  24. MB CTR

FK2 FK2 Remap Numbers?

I'll be interested to see what you get
  25. MB CTR

FK2 FK2 Remap Numbers?

no other issues touch wood, the what I thought to be turbo issues seems to have been caused by valve clearances. I'm at around 340-350 with map and mods so ignore the people claiming you get that from stock and a stage 1 map is around 400bhp its total bollocks
  26. MB CTR

FK2 FK2 Remap Numbers?

all I'll say is ignore numbers
  27. MB CTR

FK2 FK2 Track Day Discussion

where have you mounted your catch can out of interest, was thinking about this especially if I'm doing the pcv, (collected from honda yesterday after service with valve clearances which they said fixed all the issues and cold start was fine but ran like **** all the way home power kept cutting...
  28. MB CTR

FK2 Factory Alloys - Alu or Mag and the myths

mine have been powder coated and haven't had any issues
  29. MB CTR

https://www.instagram.com/p/B24xkmhleaw/?igshid=19an25o2cn29b
  30. MB CTR

FK2 FK2-R Changing Gear Issues

the mod everyone seems to talk about is to remove the delay valve from the slave cylinder and nothing to do with the master cylinder unless theres something new?
  31. MB CTR

I'm fairly sure when I looked into the slave cylinder it only delays the clutch engagement not release
  32. MB CTR

FK2 Thule Roof Bars

I've seen a few pictures of European ones with bars on so would say it's fine, I think even with standard models you have to cut the trim to expose the holes so I wonder if they're there on the R
  33. MB CTR

FK2 FK2 TYPE R boost pressure

1.4 is normal for a standard car, mines mapped and I now see 1.8 (when the wastegate allows it but that's a different story)
  34. MB CTR

FK2 Dyno mode for the FK2

done and sat in box ready for weekend ;) not sure if I need a different spring though as it's not 100% clear (have the forge recirc), do I have spring rated for max boost or a touch lower, trail and error I suppose but a bit of a pain once fitted
  35. MB CTR

looks like its temperature related to me but one other thing that I've now noticed on my car (still not 100% sure) is possibly a faulty waste gate or actuator which 7mod seem to have found to be an increasingly common issue. more often than not now when WOT I can hear what sounds like a stone...
  36. MB CTR

is the ECU pulling back due to temperatures?
  37. MB CTR

I've noticed the dye comes out really easily, weak apc and a microfiber was bringing it out
  38. MB CTR

2 seconds, dash lights up like a Christmas tree during the run but it's fine after a drive
  39. MB CTR

FK2 Dump valve

apart from the fact the cars designed for a recirc so an atmos valve will add more lag and momentarily ruin AFR (probably not that noticable), you'd be better spending money elsewhere like an intake if you want more choo choo noises
  40. MB CTR

a simple vsa turn off and my car ran fine on a dyno
  41. MB CTR

FK2 Celtic tuning re-map who's had it..

yep all been ok for just over a year and as mentioned I did need to do the clutch as slipped around 3k-4k rpm (not sure if my car just had a weak one) I would also take a lot of other companies claims with a pinch of salt.
  42. MB CTR

we're all glad you're a good guinea pig :p
  43. MB CTR

FK2 FK2 Sat Nav Update - How to Video

well then I shall have to look at this
  44. MB CTR

FN2 Official UK/European owners manual

link downloads fine for me :confused:
  45. MB CTR

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-shop/genuine-honda-civic-rear-lower-door-seal-2012-2016/
  46. MB CTR

now trying to decide if it's worth the 40 odd quid, does it seem to stop all the dirt getting in
  47. MB CTR

did anyone ever try fitting the lower rear door seals off the standard civic to the fk2? I seem to remember something about it a few years ago but can't remember the outcome
  48. MB CTR

whenever I've had mine not go in gear straight away it's been after start up but a quick clutch up then back down pump always sorts it
  49. MB CTR

FK2 FK2 Sat Nav Update - How to Video

isn't it kind of pointless having cameras as poi's if it doesn't alert you with a sound?
  50. MB CTR

almost exactly a year
  51. MB CTR

mines done it ever since a remap, around a 1/4 to 1/2 throttle at about 3k ish revs if you lift off
  52. MB CTR

FK2 Bike Rack

don't think so, needs to be roof rack job
  53. MB CTR

I'm in the same boat as dweezle but just paying 380
  54. MB CTR

FK2 FK2 has no low level washer fluid sensor..

found a matching blue cable tie works even better ;)
  55. MB CTR

what sort of value are you putting on the car? I always find it a bit daft anyway as they only pay book value no matter what you say (unless you pay for an agreed value)
  56. MB CTR

currently with Adrian flux as all the normal comparison site ones won't insure the car, I only went with flux again this year because I really couldn't be arsed to shop around as much as I said I'd never use them again. if you do use them make sure you read all documents thoroughly and when you...
  57. MB CTR

I've just had them put on mine at same time as clutch but they come in HEL packaging so the same but cheaper
  58. MB CTR

FK2 FK2 Turbocharger Inlet Pipe

what heat are you trying to dissipate at that point? surely it's more likely pick up heat from the turbo/cat sat underneath?
  59. MB CTR

FK2 Covering the exhaust pipes when washing

even if you fired a hose pipe up there I doubt it'll make much difference unless it's then sat there for weeks
  60. MB CTR

FK2 Need a bit of advice on what to do at the end of my PCP

have you looked at the new a45? I know it'll be mega money on release but you could keep the fk2 for another year then hopefully still get 16k privately
  61. MB CTR

Celtic tuning on mine and it pulls like a train (will be better with new clutch :D)
  62. MB CTR

FK2 Fk2 checking Coolant

yes bright led light at night is the best way, learnt this when I had a coolant leak so was watching it like a hawk
  63. MB CTR

I knew it was a PITA but not that bad, now I can't decide to pay double for Honda to do it incase something fecks up. out of interest veehexx did you pay for new parts in the gearbox or just put it all back together?
  64. MB CTR

mine arrived today and as clutch packs go it's pretty sexy :lol: now to find a decent garage near me to fit it, bit above my driveway capabilities haha
  65. MB CTR

my standard wheels with 18mm spacers rub on the rears (so now et42)
  66. MB CTR

FK2 Sports CAT yes or no?

I understand the need to get it red hot and cheap being *****, it's just the last mod I had in mind for the car, but as I've heard the bolts onto the turbo are prone to snapping and the need to tweek the map I don't really want that hassle next year.
  67. MB CTR

FK2 Sports CAT yes or no?

so I fancy fitting a sports CAT but I'm not sure what they're like on emissions for the new MOT test and don't want to fail in a year's time due to that, otherwise I could save money and get a decat (which I can't be arsed with and want to stay 100% legal). Has anyone got one fitted and gone...
  68. MB CTR

FK2 T valve delete

no it only makes a difference if the T valve has broken but it's a bit of a weak part from what I can gather (if it is supposed to make a difference I didn't notice anything but I did it at the same time as an intercooler and it's only a weekend car so always feels quick :lol:)
  69. MB CTR

FK2 T valve delete

I've done it but couldn't really guide anyone on how to do it all I'll say is it's on the drivers side of the engine at the back and not under the small removable plastic engine cover as I think this is the one people have changed with it triggering a eml (it was a pita to get apart especially...
  70. MB CTR

would it be possible to upgrade/add to it?
  71. MB CTR

not 100% sure but I don't think tegiwa tend to hold much stock, would have thought it would have been quicker if it was in stock though
  72. MB CTR

I wonder if I'm still the only person to have changed an exhaust on the drive :lol:
  73. MB CTR

mine only took a couple of weeks from tegiwa
  74. MB CTR

the new remus is both app controlled or with a little round button that does preset values and a coloured led to show which mode you're in, I have mine placed on top of the 12v socket under the flap
  75. MB CTR

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

the ps4s is the successor to the pss and apparently better in every way
  76. MB CTR

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

chap called Ben Patey is where I got them from as normally the cheapest around
  77. MB CTR

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

I thought feck it and ordered ps4s for 140 a tyre delivered due to not changing to winter tyres and if and when I get my arse in gear and start doing track days I'll have a 2nd set of wheels + tyres as I have a long drive to any track
  78. MB CTR

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

well after today ripping a fecking hole in the side wall of my ps4s's (with loads of tread left), which by the way the tmps did a great job of saying anything on my half mile limp home, I'm in the market for two new tyres as the other part worn will go on my spare wheel, but I can't decide...
  79. MB CTR

FK2 Aftermarket wheel specs

wheel stud pattern is a common size but like you've found most have a low ET there are some out there like oz that do the right sort of ET think it might be BMW 1 series that has similar specs but will still need spigot rings
  80. MB CTR

FK2 Aftermarket wheel specs

I have 18mm spacers on standard wheels with standard size tyres and the rears rub so I wouldn't go any lower than et45
  81. MB CTR

FK2 Wheel corrosion

they 100% will
  82. MB CTR

FK2 Anyone have any experience with Tegiwa carbon arch vents?

pmc do them and their probably the same ones, they don't need bonding and have the clips to hold into position (don't have the screw hole though), I doubt you could used original vent inserts but I hot glued some vent mesh in mine. the pmc ones move about a little if no 3m tape etc is used but...
  83. MB CTR

FK2 Eventuri intake

https://www.chiptuning.com/uk/honda/civic-ix-fk-2012/2-0-i-vtec-type-r-310ps-228kw-1996ccm/pedalbox.html not cheaper direct but you may be able to find it elsewhere
  84. MB CTR

FK2 Eventuri intake

DTE pedalbox I think
  85. MB CTR

FK2 FK2 Wheel Spacers

then your not driving it properly :p
  86. MB CTR

as it's eventuri it'll be very expensive for just a dress up item that you'll only see when you open the bonnet, as I can't see it providing any performance gains or weight saving. if the intake was available in a non carbon option for half the price I would have bought that instead ie a nice...
  87. MB CTR

not yet, seems to have settled a little bit (maybe a bit of slip has given the clutch a bit more bite) but I'm waiting for some fk8 clutch packs to be released as it's still drivable, plus I need to spend yet more money on my other money pit aka the house :)
  88. MB CTR

they said they were going to but I think it would be a massive waste of money
  89. MB CTR

FK2 FK2 Wheel Spacers

100% rub unfortunately
  90. MB CTR

FK2 Wheel corrosion

I'd get the 4 originals refurbed then either keep a new one spare or sell both new ones
  91. MB CTR

FK2 Wheel corrosion

just sell it and get them refurbed
  92. MB CTR

FK2 TDI Tuning

i had one fitted and it works well, you can feel it's done something unlike other tuning boxes I've tried in the past. occasionally come up on ebay cheap
  93. MB CTR

I love how they get hung up on the no parcel shelf or boot floor yet most on sale are gt's :lol:
  94. MB CTR

FK2 upgraded recirc or atmos options

so now I've had the car mapped I suspect I have a weak recirc valve as occasionally dropping in boost. I'm looking at the forge recirc valve as it would work better with our air flow sensor but I seem to remember they discontinued them due to problems, has anyone got one fitted or should I...
  95. MB CTR

FK2 FK2 Wheel Spacers

no wheel mods needed but I've discovered it rubs on the rear arch, so I'm trying to decide to remove the spacers or roll them
  96. MB CTR

FK2 high beam headlights honda civic type r fk2

was looking at led but I've heard they look really bright in housing but not so good at output onto the road
  97. MB CTR

FK2 high beam headlights honda civic type r fk2

I'm currently looking and might get some Philips racing vision bulbs
  98. MB CTR

FK2 Eventuri intake

unfortunately not lol
  99. MB CTR

FK2 Eventuri intake

mines turned up today with one bag of Haribo
  100. MB CTR

FK2 Eventuri intake

I've had a conformation of shipping today