• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

that comical. yeah, take 3 monthly payments, you'll dispatch after the third payment is received, else you'd only see the first or maybe second payment.

Yep luckily I have offloaded my few FK8 parts to serious owners.

I still have car and a boot mat to sell .. will list once they’ve been hoovered.

want! when!? need info. COME ON GRUPPEM - chop chop...
i have seen the prices of some of their other ram systems. makes the eventuri cost look like a replacement panel filter...

My only concern is, is that just a flat cover or properly done,
If it's just a flat cover then it's just sucking hot air, a part of me thinks it's their old intake with carbon covers

b698402259e23e70defe93a2409ca09b.jpg
6aedfb1aa3775a4e55dd6cd5448a4d81.jpg

I’m glad I popped on here today looks incredible but will be interesting as it’s effective as the Eventuri, I’m waiting on my Remus to arrive and then booking in to have it fitted at Dream simultaneously with an Eventuri... if more info comes out about this I may hold off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m glad I popped on here today looks incredible but will be interesting as it’s effective as the Eventuri, I’m waiting on my Remus to arrive and then booking in to have it fitted at Dream simultaneously with an Eventuri... if more info comes out about this I may hold off!

is that the latest revision remus or is there a choice? i've the first gen remus with RF based garage door remote. The new ones are phone/OBD based with a round controller, right?
have to let us know how the current gen remus works with you. i much prefer having a fully manual system i control with a dedicated remote.

i still love mine. valved systems are definately the way forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Generic FK2 Civic Type R Discussion

is that the latest revision remus or is there a choice? i've the first gen remus with RF based garage door remote. The new ones are phone/OBD based with a round controller, right?
have to let us know how the current gen remus works with you. i much prefer having a fully manual system i control with a dedicated remote.

i still love mine. valved systems are definately the way forward.

As far as I’m aware it’s the phone OBD bud, I made a point of asking the question and I was promised the £500 sound control kit is included in what I paid I’m waiting for it to arrive before I book up with dream to fit it and the Eventuri, but it’s coming direct from Remus so I’m hoping and praying it’s quick, I only had a Miltek on my old FN decided I’d much rather have the variation in exhaust note and have it much more bearable in day to day life while still being quite anti social when the foot goes down, how do you find day to day life with yours?

i cant fault it. valve closed is as good as OEM both noise and drone-wise for stuff like motorways and cruise. I tend to run valve closed on the long hauls. 10% around the city just to give it a little bit more throat. 50% & full open depends on my mood.
tbh, i couldnt stand the martelius system, or even the focusRS/VAG noises that the fast stuff makes - too much pop & bangs and fart noises that occur too often/all the time. I'm glad the remus only pops/bangs every so often and almost always when i want it to. based on 100% open on the remus at 98db 3.5k rpm static test (i got a 'we're keeping an eye on you' warning at Abingdon trackday noise test - no black flags for drive-bys though) i cant understand how people are running the non-valved race systems from miltek etc without getting peeved off at it.

I can't rate it highly enough tbh. love it, and i'm converted to life with a valve. seems to be the best of all worlds.

i cant fault it. valve closed is as good as OEM both noise and drone-wise for stuff like motorways and cruise. I tend to run valve closed on the long hauls. 10% around the city just to give it a little bit more throat. 50% & full open depends on my mood.
tbh, i couldnt stand the martelius system, or even the focusRS/VAG noises that the fast stuff makes - too much pop & bangs and fart noises that occur too often/all the time. I'm glad the remus only pops/bangs every so often and almost always when i want it to. based on 100% open on the remus at 98db 3.5k rpm static test (i got a 'we're keeping an eye on you' warning at Abingdon trackday noise test - no black flags for drive-bys though) i cant understand how people are running the non-valved race systems from miltek etc without getting peeved off at it.

I can't rate it highly enough tbh. love it, and i'm converted to life with a valve. seems to be the best of all worlds.

98db at 3.5k??? Jesus! I’m glad I went valved in the end! I was hesitant about it even though I’d ordered it and you never get a true reflection from YouTube but you’ve filled me with confidence certainly in regards to closed option being almost as good as OEM, my worry was that I’d sacrifice the subtleness and if I’m honest pleasantness of the standard system for a bit of aggression and noise when the mood took me there so I’m really pleased to hear closed is quite discreet, I’m shocked at how loud it is though Hopefully give my friends import scooby a bit of a challenge in the noise department!

thats what they said - i assume rev up, but either way, i thought high db's were tied to higher revs (hence 3/4 revs if possible at noise tests), so possibly even louder. i dont have access to db measuring kit to know what driveby or unlimited rpm static noise levels are.
i was surprised at how quiet the remus is with valve closed. dropping from 5 tins (if you consider helmholtz a silencer on the OE system) to 2 i expected a noticeable amount. i think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

i tend to crack the rear windows open just to get more noise. rear seats down also helps with transmitting extra noise inside.

thats what they said - i assume rev up, but either way, i thought high db's were tied to higher revs (hence 3/4 revs if possible at noise tests), so possibly even louder. i dont have access to db measuring kit to know what driveby or unlimited rpm static noise levels are.
i was surprised at how quiet the remus is with valve closed. dropping from 5 tins (if you consider helmholtz a silencer on the OE system) to 2 i expected a noticeable amount. i think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

i tend to crack the rear windows open just to get more noise. rear seats down also helps with transmitting extra noise inside.

That’s awesome man! You’ve got me well excited for it now! Remus needs to get it to me quick

the new remus is both app controlled or with a little round button that does preset values and a coloured led to show which mode you're in, I have mine placed on top of the 12v socket under the flap

hopefully quicker delivery than mine. i got mine when they first came out. turned out it was pre-order LHD version (no-one knew this at the time) and the RHD was a 6month wait after the lefties came available. well worth the wait

hopefully quicker delivery than mine. i got mine when they first came out. turned out it was pre-order LHD version (no-one knew this at the time) and the RHD was a 6month wait after the lefties came available. well worth the wait

I hope so don’t think I can manage that kind of wait, Tegiwa said it will be 2 weeks too but I’ve taken that with a pinch of salt, still hopeful it’s less than that so I can book it in

TDI's test mule from memory

I wonder if I'm still the only person to have changed an exhaust on the drive :lol:

I would normally myself but I’m trying to build as much of a paper trail as I can for the car just in case I ever come to sell it (god forbid)

not 100% sure but I don't think tegiwa tend to hold much stock, would have thought it would have been quicker if it was in stock though

not 100% sure but I don't think tegiwa tend to hold much stock, would have thought it would have been quicker if it was in stock though

Don’t think they do to be honest bud, I got the carbon vents for on top of the front wheel arch and they can super quick but that was obviously their own stock, gives me a little project till the exhaust arrives otherwise I’ll just be sat at the front door on my days off waiting...

Back