• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. therealtimmsy

I need help. FN2 Type R

oh great so something is definitely up then :/ and they didnt come on last night either so it isnt the sensor. Wonder what the F is going on!?
  2. therealtimmsy

I need help. FN2 Type R

Yeah. The last selection on the stick is full time dipped and that works. The selection before that is 'Auto' and all i get is sidelights day or night :/ ive tried changing the sensor but they still seem to be the same..... i have only fitted this sensor today and covered it up to see if the...
  3. therealtimmsy

I need help. FN2 Type R

hi loxy, Sorry i meant side lights. what i mean is, i put my auto lights on, side lights come on. When i turn the car off, side lights go off. Im not getting my dipped beams (automatically) after dusk. Should i be?
  4. therealtimmsy

I need help. FN2 Type R

Hi gents and gals, I recently acquired my type R (jan) and the auto function on the headlights only turned on the DRL's. Coming from a car that had auto lights, this was driving me nuts as i kept forgetting to turn on my lights. So i ordered me a new sensor, fitted it, and i'm still only...
  5. therealtimmsy

Squeaky Clutch Pedal - FIX!

Right!!! i have fixed my squeak. After hours, and i do mean HOURS of time under the drivers side footwell breaking my back and tweaking and moving everything, i found it is the master cylinder. So i stand before you all and apologise for all my doubts!!! So, how did i sort it you ask. Well...
  6. therealtimmsy

Revitalise Your Alcantara - FIX

Thanks man... wanted an FN2 type R for years... will be my pride and joy now ;)
  7. therealtimmsy

Fuzz remover? You mean a lint roller? Thanks man, the difference it made is awesome :)
  8. therealtimmsy

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Personally that back end does it for me. I just want to make love to those tail pipes...
  9. therealtimmsy

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Blue looks phenominal! Only thing i cant understand with the new type R is the price.... its so expensive! What happened to affordable and cheap to insure hot hatches like the fn2 and ep3? The fn2 was like 19000 new wasnt it!? Dont get me wrong its the best looking car for that money but you...
  10. therealtimmsy

Top speed what have people hit in Ep3 Type Rs i'm curious?

You mean whilst you were alive? Lol
  11. therealtimmsy

Top speed what have people hit in Ep3 Type Rs i'm curious?

I only go fast when some **** is up my ******* *** when im doing the ******* speed limit and tries to ******* overtake me.
  12. therealtimmsy

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Just inspired me to add the interior LED's to my ebay watch list ;)
  13. therealtimmsy

PREWARNING - THIS IS SOMETHING THAT WORKED FOR ME AND I URGE YOU --- TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. I ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOU DAMAGING YOUR SEATS. I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL. Hi guys, i'm guessing many of you have worn out Alcantara seats, with a few 'shiny' patches and it looks like your seats...
  14. therealtimmsy

From what i can gather, there are two different types of squeak. The master cylinder one includes an audible click feeling i believe. I can Guarantee you the one i have is these bushes. Instantly after spraying them it was resolved (albeit for 24 hours, which was enough to tell me it worked).Not...
  15. therealtimmsy

What is needed is a steel bush, possibly hardened, with a transition fit (i mean like +0.05 mm all round) so that it moves on the assembly. But the centre hole would need to be a push fit on the spring so it doesn't wobble. I doubt it would wear the assembly as only the power of a spring would...
  16. therealtimmsy

Suggestions are welcome! a new pedal assembly is only like 50 quid but we only need the plastic bushes!
  17. therealtimmsy

Bad news, squeak started again... but it is definitely those bushes, im gonna see what i can do on the weekend to resolve this and i will keep you guys updated and im sorry but i forgot to take a photo.... when i do a perma fix ill take pics and howto etc!
  18. therealtimmsy

Help Required - Auto Headlights.

Hi everyone, I was just wondering, with my headlights in auto mode, should my dipped beam be on after dusk? Cause all i'm getting on all the time in auto is the little side lights (closest ones to centre grill) so im having to put my lights on every time it gets dark.... My old car had auto so...
  19. therealtimmsy

well i just did a 30 min drive, round town, no issues! I used WD40 lithium grease spray. real easy to get it right in there! Ill take a pic of the things to spray tomorrow for ya. will put it in the first post.
  20. therealtimmsy

Hi Guys, my first post here and a new owner of a black 2008 CTR. So yeah, i knew about the squeaky clutch problem before i even test drove it and low and behold! it has it :/ So i read a few things about master cylinders etc. blah... But it felt like it was right there, under my foot, not...
Back