• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Mr_gangrel

Mr_gangrel's 229bhp Nurburgring Nordschleife track weapon. Looking for another CTR

I need another CTR in my life. Since selling my track CTR I've missed my Type R a lot. The next will be my forth. I have £5000 waiting (more for an exceptional car) I'm after a car with some or all if possible of the following- Hondata CAI or similar Inlet manifold Cat back exhaust...
  2. Mr_gangrel

Mr_gangrel's 229bhp Nurburgring Nordschleife track weapon. Looking for another CTR

The car is now sold. Thanks to all that had a look. I'll see you all on track sometime.
  3. Mr_gangrel

I did consider this option but the draw of a N/A RWD car is too big. I do love FI and although I've never owned a supercharged car I have driven one and thought it was great but I've missed doing big skids under power since I got rid of the E92 M3 and I want the best of both worlds. Being fast...
  4. Mr_gangrel

Well I've put up an advert now lets see how she goes. I guess I haven't got enough posts under my belt because I can't start a thread in the cars for sale section. If there are any interested parties see the PH thread here-...
  5. Mr_gangrel

Thanks very much. Yeah, I had an E92 M3 and it was hideously expensive to mod, I expect the same with an E46. Your mods list sounds like an idea starting point and that's the kind of car i'll aim to get.
  6. Mr_gangrel

Thanks very much. Lets hope all those potential buyers out there share your enthusiasm.
  7. Mr_gangrel

I do keep thinking about this. I've re watched the video once or twice and I really think a low to mid 7:50s is on. Once I get some get some good photos and put a decent advert on PH i'm sure someone will buy it and get that time.
  8. Mr_gangrel

I had an Akrapovic titanium cat back on my Monte Carlo and it sounded awesome, it stopped well with the Alcon BBK all round as well. It just wasn't a track car, too heavy. I wasn't prepared to rip the interior out which would of helped immensely. I love that lightness and flick ability the EP...
  9. Mr_gangrel

Cheers. Yeah, M3cutters has been the catalyst. I'm still on there from my days in the E92 and I have that RWD urge again. I love the EP but need 350bhp N/A and that sub 7:30.
  10. Mr_gangrel

I've also posted this on Civic Type R forum. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I appreciate that buying a dedicated track car is only going to hit a certain market but I thought I would ask here for some expert advice to help me decide the fate of 'Jessica'. Yes, I name my cars. I...
  11. Mr_gangrel

I still haven't cleaned her this weekend I was busy boozing it but here she is after her 'ring lap record back in the Lindner Congress car park. [/URL][/IMG] Heres a few pictures from last years build at Area Motorsports- [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] A very worn...
  12. Mr_gangrel

Who makes the best BBK (Big Brake Kit)?

Although I can't comment if D2 and Yellowspeed are in the same category as Stoptech since I haven't had either of the former but what I can tell you is that the Stoptech 328mm kit is an amazing setup with Pagid RS29 pads. They have put in the fastest time at the Nordschleife and 25 min sessions...
  13. Mr_gangrel

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

Your car is amazing mate. Great spec and exceptionally clean.
  14. Mr_gangrel

I've completed 64 laps around there inclusive of that lap. I know it quite well but I don't know all the tarmac changes etc Still plenty to learn.
  15. Mr_gangrel

Whys that? Is that specifically TF? Is this due to the amount of track closures and various degrees of driving ability from VLN class racers to Brits in Meganes that are bat **** crazy? I have never been to Spa (I know I'm missing out) but you must get plenty of the same varying driving...
  16. Mr_gangrel

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

Thats fair enough. I hope you get it all sorted out quickly.
  17. Mr_gangrel

Please take what I'm about to write with a pinch of salt and not a personal attack. I'll freely admit (and I've put it on YouTube) that I've made mistakes and will continue to, like my spin down Paddock Hill bend at Brands where I overcorrected twice and spun. I was lucky to keep it out of the...
  18. Mr_gangrel

Sorry to hear this. She is a beauty. Was it at the Stefan Belloff Essess? Its real tricky to go flat from Pflatzgerten 1 all the way down to Schwalbenschwanz and I had a couple of 'moments' there. If it was, you done well to minimise the damage.
  19. Mr_gangrel

The Pagid pads are amazing, absolutely no fade , great brake modulation and feel. I use them in conjunction with Castrol SRF fluid. They need 1 or 2 brake applications to get heat into them but that is all. I've completed 64 laps around there inclusive of that lap. I know it quite well but I...
  20. Mr_gangrel

Top speed what have people hit in Ep3 Type Rs i'm curious?

I hit 160 mph on the clocks downhill on the way to the 'ring on an Autobahn. My friend in his Porsche Carrera 4S was slightly surprised to see the breadvan go past him when he was done 150mph.
  21. Mr_gangrel

I have been on Civic Type R owners forum for years but I didn't really post that much and I thought it was about time to broaden my horizons. So hi to all of you here. This is my second EP3 and this time I thought I would go for a completely stripped track car. My previous cars have all been...
Back