• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. stevenbep3

Can't reply with quotes or upload pics.

Is there an issue with the forum. I'm unable to reply to a thread using the option to include a quote. Also, I've just put my car up for sale on here but can't upload any pics as I'm just getting a buffering icon and then my windows 10 says there is a problem. Any help appreciated.
  2. stevenbep3

Rear brake creaking noise

When I'm coming to a stop and braking (happens at around 5-10mph) I notice a creaking sound from the rear. I know one rear caliper has been changed so I am thinking it is likely the other rear caliper at fault. The creaking sounds the same as a creaking door when its opened. Is this likely to...
  3. stevenbep3

K100 worthy upgrade with basic mods?

Is fitting and mapping a K100 a worthy upgrade for my car with a Supersprint B-pipe (unsilenced) with OEM back box. I've done the Hondata air box modification and I've got a good flow of air to the box. TDI North have told me not to pursue a piper manifold and sports cat as I'll lose mid-range...
  4. stevenbep3

2nd Hand Piper manifold and sports cat worth buying?

I've been offered a 2nd hand Piper Manifold and sports cat for the ep3. The cost would be £400 inc postage. The cheapest I can see new is £662 + shipping. I was wary of buying 2nd hand but reading into it, it might not be a bad thing to buy a 2nd hand one that's a couple of years old as it...
  5. stevenbep3

Modified the OEM intake pipe (subtle mod)

I have modified the intake pipe on the EP3. I had a spare OEM intake pipe as it happened so that was useful. Anyway, the OEM intake pipe has its aperture facing the car battery. So I've made an angled cut to the pipe aperture so that the original bracket was kept in place. It was a useful guide...
  6. stevenbep3

Backbox to Supersprint B-pipe donut gasket

So I've had the Supersprnt B-pipe fitted to my OEM back box today. The donut gasket I provided fitted spot on into the back box but had to be stretched to fit the B-pipe. Does anyone know what size donut gasket I need and recommend a place to buy one? Are donut gaskets generic eg 2.5" Subaru BB...
  7. stevenbep3

Heat shield or Heat shield tape?

I want to design my own intake kit and I am looking to reduce engine bay temps using simple methods (or at least as simple as cost effectively possible). On a standard manifold, standard engine setup/power, what is the most effective out of the existing manifold heat shield or heat wrap tape?
  8. stevenbep3

Found my old forum user name. Can they be combined?

Just wondered if my current username (stevenbep3) and my old user name (stevenb) accounts can be combined? No real reason as such but I noticed it today when I was doing a search. Back from the days of my old DC2. Nostalgia kicking in.
  9. stevenbep3

Can a supercharged ep3 pass its MOT?

If I were to plunge for a Rotrex Supercharger kit, would I pass an MOT or would it be a case of swapping out a cat/de-cat pipe? I don't want to be in a situation where the DVLA could pull me over and fail me either. Cheers all.
  10. stevenbep3

Still leaking oil after rocker gasket change

Hi all, I'm still getting a leak of oil (fresh oil) from the car despite just changing the rocker gasket for a genuine Honda one. I made sure it was the gasket was well seated into the rocker cover groove (after that was cleaned too). I cleaned the engine perimeter before fitting and evenly...
  11. stevenbep3

EP3: Can't remove spark plugs

Hi all, Changed the Rocker cover gasket yesterday and wanted to check the plug condition too. The last people to change the plugs were TGM according to the receipt from the previous owners service history. I have the slim 10mm spark plug adaptor already but (and I was careful) the plugs simply...
Back